Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,591 members, 7,820,124 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

What Are The Most Important Skills For A Strong Tech Lead? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Are The Most Important Skills For A Strong Tech Lead? (238 Views)

How To Write A Strong Statement Of Purpose For Your Study Permit Application / Two Most Important Skills You Need To Learn To Be Successful In Life / Four Must-have Skills For All Polytechnic Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Most Important Skills For A Strong Tech Lead? by uniprojectM: 3:28pm On Jul 16, 2019
Being a tech lead is nothing short of a perfect combination of entrepreneurship and business administration; they both go well but not without the right skills. Being a tech lead is more demanding because you have to be good at your career and the business side of it to make the most of it. Giving focus to your career curve as tech person and neglecting the business aspect of it makes you an idler and nothing less.
While there are skills you should possess as a tech lead, there are some you must not do without and they include;

Administration skills
Administration requires overseeing the affairs of your business without necessarily doing them in person. A tech business is just like every other business but without marketing, it will hardly payoff. You must understand and know the routines in project management, personnel or human resources management, marketing communications, financial management, task supervision and the entire daily operations of the business to attain your business goals.

Team spirit
A team lead should incite team spirit by habit or by practice; with the understanding that the organizational chain is not complete without one and also devising means to improvise is a good start. You should educate your team about efficiency and working smart, maybe they will understand how the team spirit is brought to bear.

Be good at what you do
You will certainly earn that respect you deserve as a team lead if you are good at what you direct them to do. Although it happens some times that you may not agree with your team members but being visionary makes them trust your judgment for good.
Most times, team leads do not know it all but they know a little bit about everything they do and that’s the practicable aspect of team lead.

I ‘did like you to see these research materials for more insights about business administration.
Re: What Are The Most Important Skills For A Strong Tech Lead? by NettyNelly(m): 3:37pm On Jul 16, 2019
Spot on. I'm currently pursuing a tech career, but unfortunately don't have these skills. Can it be worked on ?. I'm loner but I'm absolutely good in tech stuffs.
FTC
Re: What Are The Most Important Skills For A Strong Tech Lead? by OneKinGuy(m): 6:43pm On Jul 16, 2019
NettyNelly:
Spot on. I'm currently pursuing a tech career, but unfortunately don't have these skills. Can it be worked on ?. I'm loner but I'm absolutely good in tech stuffs.
FTC
You can start researching online, watch YouTube video. Join related forums and more.
Re: What Are The Most Important Skills For A Strong Tech Lead? by uniprojectM: 1:47pm On Jul 18, 2019
NettyNelly:
FTC
Starting a research online is not a bad idea but I like field work _ work it out

While you do your research online, trying joining a team and try out what you have learned on them and see how it goes.
You may never know how good or bad you are until you actually get in. Good luck

(1) (Reply)

Igbinedion University Okada Postgraduate Admission: All You Need To Know / For ABU Zaria Undergraduate Applicants / Latest Official UNILAG Courses Offered For 2019/2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.