Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,523 members, 7,819,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

Governor Inuwa Yahaya Bags Nigeria Computer Society Honorary Fellowship - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Inuwa Yahaya Bags Nigeria Computer Society Honorary Fellowship (369 Views)

Inuwa Yahaya Emerges Northern Governors Forum Chairman / Governor Inuwa-Yahaya Nominates Husseina, Goje’s Daughter As Commissioner, Gombe / It Is Our Turn To Give Back To ABU- Governor Inuwa Yahaya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Governor Inuwa Yahaya Bags Nigeria Computer Society Honorary Fellowship by vigopress: 6:56pm On Jul 16, 2019
Gombe Governor Urges ICT Experts To Promote Research For Development of Nigeria

Gombe State Governor, Alhaji Muhammadu Inuwa Yahaya has Information Science and Technology experts to focus on research that would contribute to the development of the Nation.

Governor Inuwa Yahaya made this call on Tuesday in his key note address at 14th International Conference of Nigeria Computer Society held at International Conference Centre, Gombe.

His words: ''I have no doubt that this conference would showcase Nigeria’s potentials in Information Technology (IT) and other related fields to compete favourably with other nations. The Conference is also a platform for cooperation and interaction between the International and Indigenous IT Professionals.

''As the umbrella body of all IT professionals in Nigeria. I urge you to promote research in the advancement of the computer and information science, Information Technology Systems and practice for the development of the Nation.''

The governor described the theme of the conference “Smart Nations, Digital Economies and meaningful lives” as apt and timely, considering the paradigm shift to innovative and emerging technologies that are increasingly being used to create new services and improve both the public and private sectors.

Governor Inuwa Yahaya said his administration accords greater importance to computer education and information technology (ICT), noting that a sub-committee was constituted under renown ICT expert, Dr. Isa Ali Pantami during the transition period with a view to improve the sub-sector.

He however called on the national and foreign firms to partner with the state government in her efforts to promote Computer and ICT Education to facilitate speedy development of the State.

The highpoint of the event was the conferment of Honourary Fellowship of Nigeria Computer Society on Governor Inuwa Yahaya.

The NCS President, Professor Adesola Aderounmu FNCS said they honoured the governor due to his contributions to develop computer education and information technology in Gombe and Nigeria at large.

''Let me conclude by commending the leadership and members of the Nigeria Computer Society for finding me worthy to be conferred with Honourary Fellowship of Nigeria Computer Society (NCS). I would like to assure you that Government would support you in your noble quest to develop computer education and information technology in the State and the national levels.'' Governor Inuwa Yahaya reiterated

(1) (Reply)

Kogi 2019: APC Stakeholders Drag Party To Court Over Primaries Method / Abia State Governor, Okezie Ikpeazu Denies He Is Sick And Bedridden / Supreme Court Sacks APC Rep For Not Participating In NYSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.