Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,014 members, 7,825,184 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

I Am Worried About My Fasting Blood Sugar Result - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Am Worried About My Fasting Blood Sugar Result (1322 Views)

Health Challenges In My Marriage: I Am Worried / Fasting Blood Sugar Level 112mg,does It Call For Concern? / I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Worried About My Fasting Blood Sugar Result by Daum: 12:40am On Jul 17, 2019
Good morning Nairalanders.
Over a couple of months I have lost so much body weight. It has been a gradual process since school resumed but it peaked during my examination period. Another thing I noticed is that my thirst increased and my need to urinate also did. I am in my final year so and I am under pressure of graduating with a 2.1 from skool so I have been under so much pressure.
I went to do a blood fasting sugar test after taking my previous meal at about 7:30pm and taking the test by 9am the next day. The result showed 98mg/mL and I read that anything above 100 means I am prediabetic. I am just 24 and I am a bit worried about this.

Somebody help me
Doctors in the House
Re: I Am Worried About My Fasting Blood Sugar Result by dirtycoin(m): 5:35am On Jul 17, 2019
Daum:
Good morning Nairalanders.
Over a couple of months I have lost so much body weight. It has been a gradual process since school resumed but it peaked during my examination period. Another thing I noticed is that my thirst increased and my need to urinate also did. I am in my final year so and I am under pressure of graduating with a 2.1 from skool so I have been under so much pressure.
I went to do a blood fasting sugar test after taking my previous meal at about 7:30pm and taking the test buy 9am the next day. The result showed 98mg/mL and I read that anything above 100 means I am prediabetic. I am just 24 and I am a bit worried about this.

Somebody help me
Doctors in the House

The ideal time to visit the Lab for your fasting sugar blood test is before 8am. At 9am you were already late, very late, the Lab scientist should have explained the timing to you.

I advise that you redo the fasting sugar blood test again. This time, no water or food should be taken beyond 8:00pm and on the following day, visit the Lab before 8:00am to give samples of your blood for the fasting sugar blood test.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Worried About My Fasting Blood Sugar Result by Daum: 9:09pm On Jul 20, 2019
dirtycoin:

The ideal time to visit the Lab for your fasting sugar blood test is before 8am. At 9am you were already late, very late, the Lab scientist should have explained the timing to you.

I advise that you redo the fasting sugar blood test again. This time, no water or food should be taken beyond 8:00pm and on the following day, visit the Lab before 8:00am to give samples of your blood for the fasting sugar blood test.

The labs here don't really open early sir
Re: I Am Worried About My Fasting Blood Sugar Result by seborrhic: 5:42am On Jul 21, 2019
dirtycoin:

Rubbish.Thats how you people would be passing wrong and dangerous information around with confidence.
Who told you fasting blood sugar must be done before 8am?Do you even understand why it's called fasting?
If you don't know something why don't you shut up!

2 Likes

Re: I Am Worried About My Fasting Blood Sugar Result by jodeci(m): 6:20am On Jul 21, 2019
Fasting blood sugar can be done anytime the next day as long as it is more that 8hours of fasting.

98mg/DL is not bad, fasting blood sugar value is not fixed,it fluctuates within the normal limits,some days it could be lower.

Your symptoms could all be in your head.For now you are fine.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Worried About My Fasting Blood Sugar Result by Daum: 6:37am On Jul 21, 2019
jodeci:
Fasting blood sugar can be done anytime the next day as long as it is more that 8hours of fasting.

98mg/DL is not bad, fasting blood sugar value is not fixed,it fluctuates within the normal limits,some days it could be lower.

Your symptoms could all be in your head.For now you are fine.

Thank you very much
The lab scientist told me the same
Re: I Am Worried About My Fasting Blood Sugar Result by dirtycoin(m): 12:31pm On Jul 21, 2019
seborrhic:

Rubbish.Thats how you people would be passing wrong and dangerous information around with confidence.
Who told you fasting blood sugar must be done before 8am?Do you even understand why it's called fasting?
If you don't know something why don't you shut up!

You should learn to pass on your comments without resorting to insulting me.

The Lab scientists at Kelina hospital in Gwarinpa made me understand that fasting sugar blood test must be carried out before 8am when I wanted to do mine sometime ago. Was I wrongly informed?
Re: I Am Worried About My Fasting Blood Sugar Result by seborrhic: 12:41pm On Jul 21, 2019
dirtycoin:

You should learn to pass on your comments without resorting to insulting me.

The Lab scientists at Kelina hospital in Gwarinpa made me understand that fasting sugar blood test must be carried out before 8am when I wanted to do mine sometime ago. Was I wrongly informed?

You obviously were.
Fasting blood sugar level,as it literarily means is that you should have been "fasting",about 8hrs at least.
The only reason why it's usually done in the early morning is because it's more convenient and easier for people to not have eaten after dinner at night.
If u do same 8 hours fasting during any time of the day,it still is ok to be measured.
Secondly,even if you eat and do the test,say immediately or say 2hours after,your sugar test can still be done.The only difference is that a different,higher range,of values,will then be used to gauge if your sugar level is still within normal range.
Finally 98mg/dl,even if it's fasting,is still within normal range,don't allow anyone scare you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Worried About My Fasting Blood Sugar Result by dirtycoin(m): 3:05pm On Jul 21, 2019
seborrhic:

You obviously were.
Fasting blood sugar level,as it literarily means is that you should have been "fasting",about 8hrs at least.
The only reason why it's usually done in the early morning is because it's more convenient and easier for people to not have eaten after dinner at night.
If u do same 8 hours fasting during any time of the day,it still is ok to be measured.
Secondly,even if you eat and do the test,say immediately or say 2hours after,your sugar test can still be done.The only difference is that a different,higher range,of values,will then be used to gauge if your sugar level is still within normal range.
Finally 98mg/dl,even if it's fasting,is still within normal range,don't allow anyone scare you.

Noted.

Thank you for the update.
Re: I Am Worried About My Fasting Blood Sugar Result by NAJALYN: 12:46am On Jul 25, 2019
STC30 is the solution to your problem. Please read the Post here

STC30 is a New Technology in the world of Stem Cell Therapy. The Product works from the body’s cellular level to reactivate dead cells, tissues and organs, repair dead cells, and rejuvenate the body’s cells for optimum health.
It is estimated that in the next 10 years, 80% of developed Countries will embrace Stem Cell Wellness Technologies.
STC30 Prevents as well as Treats over 134 diseases, including Stoke, heart attack, diabetes, hypertension, cancer, fibroid, ovarian cyst, leukemia, infertility, impotency, stomach ulcer, sickle cell, it’s anti-aging, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, Crohn’s disease, autism, liver cirrhosis, cardiomyopathy, cerebral palsy, lung diseases, vitiligo, paraplegia, renal failure, buerger’s disease, rheumatoid arthritis, rheumatism, brain trauma, spinal cord injury/paralysis, congestive heart failure, orthopedic injuries, deafness, blindness, glaucoma, bone marrow transplant, kidney stones and failure, prostate enlargement, prostate cancer, wound healing, liver diseases, pancreative dysfunction, cardiovascular diseases, skin repair, mudcukoskeletal problems, stress, muscle pull, dental problem, gastrointestinal disease, skin infection, hemorrhoids, headache, improve blood flow, cardiovascular disease, traumatic brain injury, learning defects, missing teeth, amyotrophic lateral-sclerosis, myocardial infarction, muscular dystrophy, multiple sites cancers, etc.
Please Watch Videos of Testimonies on the potency of STC30. See more on STC30 here
https://lynsnaturalhealth.info/2019/04/18/superlife-total-care-stc30-stem-cell-treatment-a-must-use/ Mrs. E. Oforofuo (08097890448)

1 Like

Re: I Am Worried About My Fasting Blood Sugar Result by AlphaTaikun: 4:06pm On May 22, 2022
NAJALYN:
STC30 is the solution to your problem. Please read the Post here

STC30 is a New Technology in the world of Stem Cell Therapy. The Product works from the body’s cellular level to reactivate dead cells, tissues and organs, repair dead cells, and rejuvenate the body’s cells for optimum health.
It is estimated that in the next 10 years, 80% of developed Countries will embrace Stem Cell Wellness Technologies.

STC30 Prevents as well as Treats over 134 diseases, including Stoke, heart attack, diabetes, hypertension, cancer, fibroid, ovarian cyst, leukemia, infertility, impotency, stomach ulcer, sickle cell, it’s anti-aging, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, Crohn’s disease, autism, liver cirrhosis, cardiomyopathy, cerebral palsy, lung diseases, vitiligo, paraplegia, renal failure, buerger’s disease, rheumatoid arthritis, rheumatism, brain trauma, spinal cord injury/paralysis, congestive heart failure, orthopedic injuries, deafness, blindness, glaucoma, bone marrow transplant, kidney stones and failure, prostate enlargement, prostate cancer, wound healing, liver diseases, pancreative dysfunction, cardiovascular diseases, skin repair, mudcukoskeletal problems, stress, muscle pull, dental problem, gastrointestinal disease, skin infection, hemorrhoids, headache, improve blood flow, cardiovascular disease, traumatic brain injury, learning defects, missing teeth, amyotrophic lateral-sclerosis, myocardial infarction, muscular dystrophy, multiple sites cancers, etc.

Please Watch Videos of Testimonies on the potency of STC30. See more on STC30 here
https://lynsnaturalhealth.info/2019/04/18/superlife-total-care-stc30-stem-cell-treatment-a-must-use/ Mrs. E. Oforofuo (08097890448)
"Stem Cell therapy"... STC30

(1) (Reply)

Doctors’ Strike And Health Ministry’s Threats. / Industrial Court Orders Resident Doctors To Resume Work Immediately. / Heartbroken

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.