Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,277 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:27 AM

Former Nigerian Coach Drops Bombshell On Alleged Match-fixing Of AFCON Final - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Former Nigerian Coach Drops Bombshell On Alleged Match-fixing Of AFCON Final (503 Views)

Isaac Promise Is Dead! Former Nigerian Captain Dies / FIFA Bans Eight Players, Agent For Life Over Match-fixing / Nigerian Coach And Two Athletes Disappear At Commonwealth Games (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Former Nigerian Coach Drops Bombshell On Alleged Match-fixing Of AFCON Final by alibiguy: 2:27pm On Jul 17, 2019
Former Nigeria national team coach, Adegboye Onigbinde has alleged the 1984 AFCON final against Cameroon was “traded” by what he described as elements in the Nigerian football fraternity and he has vowed to reveal every detail.

Onigbinde gave this stunning admission in a telephone interview with footballlive.ng while reacting to Nigeria’s semi-final defeat to Algeria at the ongoing AFCON.

The highly respected Coach and former Caf instructor who has continued to advocate for an indigenous Coach leading the Eagles, insists there is a conspiracy at the highest levels of Nigeria football administration.

“In 1984 Nigeria came second under my watch at the finals of Afcon against Cameroon in Cote d’ivoire, I lost that because the administrators traded the match and I will soon reveal their names soon,” Onigbinde said.

The Eagles lost the finals of the 1984 Afcon finals against the indomitable lions 3-1; the only goal was scored by Mudashiru Lawal.
Re: Former Nigerian Coach Drops Bombshell On Alleged Match-fixing Of AFCON Final by overdrive(m): 2:31pm On Jul 17, 2019
You will soon reveal the details. Oga when you wanna shoot u shoot don't talk!!!
Eli Wallach 1966.

1 Like

Re: Former Nigerian Coach Drops Bombshell On Alleged Match-fixing Of AFCON Final by Kingosytex(m): 2:46pm On Jul 17, 2019
I don't understand, did the match officials tell the super eagles not to score?

hope he has concrete evidence to back up his claim?

1 Like

Re: Former Nigerian Coach Drops Bombshell On Alleged Match-fixing Of AFCON Final by Chrisbeks: 2:52pm On Jul 17, 2019
Oga talk jare, every time I will, I will.. ...talk make we hear word

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Arsenal Star Player Threatened To Quit Club. / Premier League 2019-20 Completed Transfers: Hazard, Rodri, Wan-bissaka & All New / Moses Simon Academy Is A Dream Come True: Queen Of Kada City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.