Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,746 members, 7,827,752 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

Slaughterhouse :: Dopest Lyricists - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Slaughterhouse :: Dopest Lyricists (1873 Views)

Top Naija Lyricists Features On Dj Jimmy Jatt's New Single / Mode9 Is Not The Dopest Rapper In Nigera. / Wh Is Da 10 Best Lyricists To Eva Be In Da Game (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Slaughterhouse :: Dopest Lyricists by Ibime(m): 12:16pm On Oct 15, 2010
Come on dudes MM1 and MM2 had far more buzz than bar exam. Top producers wanting to work with Nickel9 doesn't mean it had sales volume. Guys like premo been working with Royce since the Boom track on his first album.

Joey gave Amalgam Digital name and carried the label on his back. I'm not aware of strong street buzz for Bar Exam.
Re: Slaughterhouse :: Dopest Lyricists by DBR: 4:47pm On Oct 15, 2010
Hehehe . .if Eldee has said this it wont bother me, but comin from u . .?
Are we now talkin sales? Tot BE was a mixtape project.
Plus, top producer wantin to be on ur sh!t at the period u claim he was dead n burried
didnt just sit well. The fact is Royce was bringin heat on the street at tht point, so it cudnt be
Joey who put him on.
Plus u only mentioned Preme as workin with him on Boom. .
so how dyu xplain green Lantern, 9th wonder, Nas. .and even Puff who wants part of the pie
Im not takin anythin away from Budden . .im sure u kno that,
but u sayin Budden put Nickle on is blasphemous.

oNe
Re: Slaughterhouse :: Dopest Lyricists by 04kaa: 7:51pm On Oct 15, 2010
DBR:

Hehehe . .if Eldee has said this it wont bother me, but comin from u . .?
.im sure u kno that,

are u saying eldee is dumb or ur calling him a fool, this looks like DBR VS ELDEE audio battle grin grin
eldee u dey fear to battle dbr? grin grin
Re: Slaughterhouse :: Dopest Lyricists by Ibime(m): 7:55pm On Oct 15, 2010
@ DBR,

I think you pinpointed it yourself. Budden was releasing albums whilst you only remember Royce's mixtapes. Royce last album sold 10,000 copies, Joeys sold about 50,000.

Just think what would happen if only Royce, Crooked and Ortizz formed a group. Would any label even give em platform to release on? Would they have any buzz? They would prolly be dismissed as failed rappers taking one more shot at glory.

Budden had mad buzz last year, a label situation and all that, and thats the platform from which they were released. He even gave em all the publicity they needed through Budden TV and his presence on the "internets".

If you look at sales of Padded Room, you will see sales are almost the same as Slaughterhouse. And you can bet anybody die-hard enough to buy Padded Room will also be die-hard enough to buy Slaughterhouse. In other words, many of the buyers of Slaughterhouse are Joey fans.

Royce leadership came through his dominance on the actual recordings rather than any logistic work he put in. And by the way, no one is saying Budden put anyone on. . . . Royce already had name, but no marketing strategy or leverage.
Re: Slaughterhouse :: Dopest Lyricists by DBR: 8:51pm On Oct 15, 2010
I getchu perfectly Ibime.
But consider the origin of this discuss:
U said Royce aint foxin wit Crook . .and i said Royce is The dude, the heart of the group.

U went:
And correction, Joe Budden is the heart and soul of Slaughta. He's the one that brought fanbase with him, promoted the whole shits and had the internets buzzing.

I thot We were talkin Skill, dexterity b4 u introduced the fan base twist.
Remember u were talkin bouthow u culd learn from crook , ?
And when u said:
Come on DBR, Nickel9 was dead and buried, a beatdown alcoholic who had almost disappeared from the scene, and who was ripped by Mistah Fab at AllHipHop awards. Joey gave em all direction and hustle. Crooked has always been hustling with COB, but Royce and Ortizz needed the Slaughtahouse project more than anything.
U even went ahead to say Crooked has more street buzz than Nickle!.

However the points i'v raised bout the buzz and co-signs and BE 1 and 2 had takes care of all that.
Plus forget that Mistah Fabs sh!t, that was a set up! Just like Graig G set up Supernat.
Tho i kno Royce aint to good with off dome freestyle, on wax he kill Mistah hands down. .no debates!

However when i said Nickle is the heart of the group, i didnt think nor imagine that sales and promos are the indices.
Even tho he packs good enuf punches in that department as well. .dude in respected by lots of pple.
Now check this; imagine Gucci mane, SouljaBoy B.O.B and Mickey Factz in a group.
If i said Mickey is the heart of the group would i be wrong??

i think not.

oNe
Re: Slaughterhouse :: Dopest Lyricists by DBR: 8:56pm On Oct 15, 2010
04kaa:

are u saying eldee is dumb or your calling him a fool, this looks like DBR VS ELDEE audio battle grin grin
eldee u dey fear to battle dbr? grin grin
OFOKAAAAA the EBORAAAAA. . .i didnt dey o grin
No be only audio battle na video war! lol

oNe
Re: Slaughterhouse :: Dopest Lyricists by bouzymill(m): 1:42am On Oct 17, 2010
This is one of the few good and "make sense" threads I would want to drop my opinions. . . cos I've read intelligent posts so far!!!

In My Opinion =================

When these guys formed the group around december 08 or 09, can't really remember.  .  . I read it online, before "Slaughterhouse" the album came out. . .  these were my thoughts

that .  .   . out of the four MCs, Royce Da 5'9", Crooked I, Joel Orttiz and Joe Budden, I'm a staunch follower of two of them (5'9" and Crooked I)  and I know for sure they wouldn't form a group with just any average MC. . . I believe Four of them are dope MCs. They are like the "contemporary" (for lack of more appropriate word) type of "EMC" (Wordsmith, Punchline and Masta Ace).

The aspect where "realheads" would have issues now would be style of each MC and their history. . . and this is where my sentiments against Joe Budden comes in. I have come to respect him more in slaughterhouse though, I really think he's my lowside in the group. He's a good MC. MM Mixtape straight dope but Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. I don't like Joe Budden. He's not just my kinda MC. and it's like that for a lot of people I have asked. It's either they don't just like him or they hate his style.

I think it is wrong, in my opinion, to place Budden before 5'9", cos, that nigg!h Royce is the closest thing to hiphop in the group.   .   . I believe it is after him that comes Crooked I, who to me has been a topnotch lyricist since the days of me listening to ChinoXL.  .  . I always love his collabs with Crooked. Joell Ortiz, I can't really talk for him but I've heard few of his previous joints to know he's above average.  .  .

MY favourite ofcourse of all the four is Royce Da 5'9" and the most favourite track from him is "HipHop" produced by Premo!!!!

bu for real. . . maybe joe budden is average or below or crooked is wack or not. . . the "slaughterhouse" album is maaaaaaaad DOPE!!! and those guys came correct in the album!!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

New Video: Davido - Skelewu (download) / MUSIC: Simi - Joromi / Watch Emcee Africa Battle Finals In South Africa Teeto(nigeria) Vs J-town (ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.