Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,669 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

Is Foreign Child Adoption Possible For Africans? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Foreign Child Adoption Possible For Africans? (1815 Views)

My Friend Faces Dilemmas Over A Partner's Child Adoption. / Why Is Child Adoption Unpopular In Nigeria? / I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Foreign Child Adoption Possible For Africans? by Ritaokafor(f): 7:28pm On Jul 17, 2019
I have been pondering over this issue for a long time now and decided to bring it up for debate. Is it possible and easy to adopt foreign child like European or American by African? If yes, what's the process involved? If no, why? Sensible reply is welcomed.
Re: Is Foreign Child Adoption Possible For Africans? by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:18pm On Jul 17, 2019
Ritaokafor:
I have been pondering over this issue for a long time now and decided to bring it up for debate. Is it possible and easy to adopt foreign child like European or American by African? If yes, what's the process involved? If no, why? Sensible reply is welcomed.

It is difficult for any foreigners to adopt a child in EU or US. A French couple cannot go and adopt a child in the US.
Re: Is Foreign Child Adoption Possible For Africans? by Pavore9: 8:33pm On Jul 17, 2019
You already know the answer! cheesy

On a serious note, there are millions of African children that are there for adoption.

2 Likes

Re: Is Foreign Child Adoption Possible For Africans? by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:39pm On Jul 17, 2019
Pavore9:
You already know the answer! cheesy

On a serious note, there are millions of African children that are there for adoption.

Sadly, with juju/rituals and all the Mambo jambo Harry Potter nonsense that Nigerians believe in, orphans in Nigeria have very little chance to be adopted.
Re: Is Foreign Child Adoption Possible For Africans? by Pavore9: 8:40pm On Jul 17, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

Sadly, with juju/rituals and all the Mambo jambo Harry Potter nonsense that Nigerians believe in, orphans in Nigeria have very little chance to be adopted.

You are right about that, the space is not safe.
Re: Is Foreign Child Adoption Possible For Africans? by Ritaokafor(f): 10:36pm On Jul 17, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

It is difficult for any foreigners to adopt a child in EU or US. A French couple cannot go and adopt a child in the US.

Why will it not be possible?
Re: Is Foreign Child Adoption Possible For Africans? by Ritaokafor(f): 10:37pm On Jul 17, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

Why will it not be possible? Give reasons please.
Re: Is Foreign Child Adoption Possible For Africans? by armyofone(m): 10:41pm On Jul 17, 2019
Black/African Americans can't even adopt white kids talk less of foreigners. Never seen one - Lionel Richie adopted Nicole - she is not fully caucasian.
Ans is nope not possible...they will frustrate you grin

3 Likes

Re: Is Foreign Child Adoption Possible For Africans? by Ritaokafor(f): 10:43pm On Jul 17, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

There you get it wrong! Even the whites believe and practice voodoo beyond African imagination. I never believed until I read a book titled "he came to set the captive free" by a white woman. Can't recall the name again.

1 Like

Re: Is Foreign Child Adoption Possible For Africans? by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:55pm On Jul 17, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

i beg to differ, it is possible but it depends with main reason for adoption eg though its vice versa madonna adopted because she was going to give a better future for the child, in most adoption kids are adopted to have family growing up atmosphere, like any other kids

back to the question, it is not very clear, by african what does it mean, africans living in the west or adopt to bring over to africa ?
Re: Is Foreign Child Adoption Possible For Africans? by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:59pm On Jul 17, 2019
ZIMDRILL:

i beg to differ, it is possible but it depends with main reason for adoption eg though its vice versa madonna adopted because she was going to give a better future for the child, in most adoption kids are adopted to have family growing up atmosphere, like any other kids

back to the question, it is not very clear, by african what does it mean, africans living in the west or adopt to bring over to africa ?

Foreigners adopting African or 3rd world country kids is WAY different than foreigners adopting US/European kids (unless you are talking of places like Romania/Bulgaria etc)
Re: Is Foreign Child Adoption Possible For Africans? by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:01pm On Jul 17, 2019
Ritaokafor:

There you get it wrong! Even the whites believe and practice voodoo beyond African imagination. I never believed until I read a book titled "he came to set the captive free" by a white woman. Can't recall the name again.

Yes they do tarot (aka reading card) and stuff like that but the %age is very minimal, and they certAinly won't kill for it... Like the plague that it is in Africa

1 Like

Re: Is Foreign Child Adoption Possible For Africans? by Ritaokafor(f): 11:13pm On Jul 17, 2019
ZIMDRILL:

Both but more of bringing the child to Africa.
Re: Is Foreign Child Adoption Possible For Africans? by Graduateacher(f): 11:20pm On Jul 17, 2019
If you can afford it, you can adopt Indian, Chinese, or Eastern European but you must be very wealth. If you want to adopt a Nigerian child, you will spend close to 2 million.

1 Like

Re: Is Foreign Child Adoption Possible For Africans? by armyofone(m): 11:21pm On Jul 17, 2019
The below quote was written by someone who read the book.

""I have never thrown a book away or destroyed one...but I did with this one! Rebecca might truly believe the stuff that she writes about - if so ...God help her! This book does nothing but build fear -unnecessarily. It is one thing to be aware of the scary people and strange behaviors out there - it is quite another to believe that there are horned beasts, werewolves, actual vampires and other mythical creatures running around trying to destroy humans and their souls. And...PLEASE!!! does she actually believe that the Devil is the one behind all us vegetarians - according to her - I'm possessed many times over - as are my children and friends - by demonic creatures! WHATEVER! I threw this book away to protect innocent and naive people for falling victim to this hogwash! One should not live their life in fear - but in rejoicing at the beauty and wonder that God has created for us and to look forward to what lies beyond this earthly life! ""

Ritaokafor:

Re: Is Foreign Child Adoption Possible For Africans? by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:24pm On Jul 17, 2019
Ritaokafor:
Why will it not be possible? Give reasons please.

In the US for example, The domestic state adoption law stipulates that You 1st and foremost have to live in the US to be able to adopt a child (either living as a US citizen or Lawful permanent resident).... So as a foreigner not living in the US you wouldn't be eligible

1 Like

Re: Is Foreign Child Adoption Possible For Africans? by armyofone(m): 11:47pm On Jul 17, 2019
You are right. Even if the child is homeless in the US, they still feel and believe that no country under the sun would do better or provides a more conductive environment for the child's growth and pursuit of happiness.

MrBrownJay1:

Re: Is Foreign Child Adoption Possible For Africans? by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:55pm On Jul 17, 2019
Ritaokafor:

Both but more of bringing the child to Africa.

that one its bit tough remember, adoption is on the best insterest of the child taking a child off an environment that there are used, wont be good to the child hence it would be a battle
Re: Is Foreign Child Adoption Possible For Africans? by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:35am On Jul 18, 2019
armyofone:
You are right. Even if the child is homeless in the US, they still feel and believe that no country under the sun would do better or provides a more conductive environment for the child's growth and pursuit of happiness.

Exactly, can you imagine the US (calling itself the greatest country on earth) having its orphans being adopted by Mexicans or Chinese?! Trump would have a heart attack, lol!

A Nigerian permanent US resident could adopt so long as they stay living in the US, but having the adopted child move to Surulere would be quite impossible. How would they even be able to check on the child's wellbeing?

1 Like

Re: Is Foreign Child Adoption Possible For Africans? by armyofone(m): 2:18am On Jul 18, 2019
grin trust our president! The law allowing it will be changed next day if it ever happens. The adoption people will frustrate that plan anyway. By the time they start sending background check paperwork sef, wifey will born quick quick grin

MrBrownJay1:

Exactly, can you imagine the US (calling itself the greatest country on earth) having its orphans being adopted by Mexicans or Chinese?! Trump would have a heart attack, lol!

A Nigerian permanent US resident could adopt so long as they stay living in the US, but having the adopted child move to Surulere would be quite impossible. How would they even be able to check on the child's wellbeing?

1 Like

Re: Is Foreign Child Adoption Possible For Africans? by babyfaceafrica: 4:27am On Jul 18, 2019
why will I want to adopt an american for example,when there are many Nigerian children homeless?..not rational!!..and which western country in their right sense,will allow you adopt a child and being them to Africa?..even if u are rich?..it is a slap on their face!

1 Like

Re: Is Foreign Child Adoption Possible For Africans? by Ritaokafor(f): 9:59am On Jul 18, 2019
armyofone:
The below quote was written by someone who read the book.

""I have never thrown a book away or destroyed one...but I did with this one! Rebecca might truly believe the stuff that she writes about - if so ...God help her! This book does nothing but build fear -unnecessarily. It is one thing to be aware of the scary people and strange behaviors out there - it is quite another to believe that there are horned beasts, werewolves, actual vampires and other mythical creatures running around trying to destroy humans and their souls. And...PLEASE!!! does she actually believe that the Devil is the one behind all us vegetarians - according to her - I'm possessed many times over - as are my children and friends - by demonic creatures! WHATEVER! I threw this book away to protect innocent and naive people for falling victim to this hogwash! One should not live their life in fear - but in rejoicing at the beauty and wonder that God has created for us and to look forward to what lies beyond this earthly life! ""

You are right. It was written by Rebecca Brown or something. I still have the book but not able to finish it cos of its negative effect. Just that it made know that both Africans and the Whites practice voodoo.
Re: Is Foreign Child Adoption Possible For Africans? by Ritaokafor(f): 10:05am On Jul 18, 2019
[quote author=babyfaceafrica post=80377134]why will I want to adopt an american for example,when there are many Nigerian children homeless?..not rational!!..and which western country in their right sense,will allow you adopt a child and being them to Africa?..even if u are rich?..it is a slap on their face![/quote.

A slap to their face you say yet they adopt and take back African child home with them. Is that not racism?
I believe if it's possible for the whites to adopt African child easily, it should be vice versa.
Re: Is Foreign Child Adoption Possible For Africans? by Ritaokafor(f): 10:18am On Jul 18, 2019
Graduateacher:
If you can afford it, you can adopt Indian, Chinese, or Eastern European but you must be very wealth. If you want to adopt a Nigerian child, you will spend close to 2 million.

2 million ko, 2 million ni. I knew of some one who adopted a Nigerian child for 300K only. With poverty staring them in the face, any amount is acceptable. So, it's easier to adopt African child but I still wonder why it's so hard to adopt a white child.
I know an alternative may be " get a white to bleep you" to have mixed race but morally, it's not right. Except you marry one. But where you choose not to, adoption should be the only means.
Re: Is Foreign Child Adoption Possible For Africans? by ChristineC: 3:07pm On Jul 20, 2019
Ritaokafor:

2 million ko, 2 million ni. I knew of some one who adopted a Nigerian child for 300K only. With poverty staring them in the face, any amount is acceptable. So, it's easier to adopt African child but I still wonder why it's so hard to adopt a white child.
I know an alternative may be " get a white to bleep you" to have mixed race but morally, it's not right. Except you marry one. But where you choose not to, adoption should be the only means.
why you want a white kid that badly?

2 Likes

Re: Is Foreign Child Adoption Possible For Africans? by Ritaokafor(f): 10:43am On Jul 21, 2019
ChristineC:
why you want a white kid that badly?

My dear, you won't understand,I wish I could answer your question. I only know the urge to have one is natural and has been in me from childhood. I just can't explain it.
Re: Is Foreign Child Adoption Possible For Africans? by Graduateacher(f): 12:13pm On Jul 21, 2019
Ritaokafor:

My dear, you won't understand,I wish I could answer your question. I only know the urge to have one is natural and has been in me from childhood. I just can't explain it.

Adopt from Chad
Re: Is Foreign Child Adoption Possible For Africans? by Ritaokafor(f): 1:56pm On Jul 21, 2019
Graduateacher:

Adopt from Chad

Heaven and Earth forbid! Even God forbid! Chad ko, Libya ni. I thought you had something better to suggest.

1 Like

Re: Is Foreign Child Adoption Possible For Africans? by tensazangetsu20(m): 2:03pm On Jul 21, 2019
Op you are heartless. You want to adopt a white child and bring him/her down to Africa to come and suffer. Chei lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Is Foreign Child Adoption Possible For Africans? by ChristineC: 5:02pm On Jul 21, 2019
Ritaokafor:

Ok you can go to a hospital in the country of your choice and visit a sperm bank. That will solve your curiosity.

1 Like

Re: Is Foreign Child Adoption Possible For Africans? by Ritaokafor(f): 10:46pm On Jul 21, 2019
ChristineC:

Ok you can go to a hospital in the country of your choice and visit a sperm bank. That will solve your curiosity.

Jeez! My dear,the pain of artificial insemination is beyond words. Can't subject myself to it. I want ready made.
Re: Is Foreign Child Adoption Possible For Africans? by ifyalways(f): 6:24am On Jul 22, 2019
Resident in Africa, go all the way to developed Countries to adopt and bring back to Africa? That's my definition of witchcraft! cheesy

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help- My Kunu Is Too Thick / Uterine Fibroids And Pregnancy / A 27-year-old Man Havingsexual Intercourse Withchicken

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.