Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,089 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

BREAKING: Faceapp: Russians Now Own All Your Old Photos... Shocking Details - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / BREAKING: Faceapp: Russians Now Own All Your Old Photos... Shocking Details (3131 Views)

Davido’s Faceapp Challenge Gets RMD Talking / Regina Daniels Says She's 16 Years Old (Photos) / I Make N600,000 Every Week’ – Bobrisky Reveals Shocking Details Of His Lifestyle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Faceapp: Russians Now Own All Your Old Photos... Shocking Details by donaldeke(m): 11:01pm On Jul 17, 2019
The strange FaceApp photo filter, which uses AI to digitally age your face, has gone viral, with millions on social media sharing their sagging simulacrum, including celebs such as Drake, the Jonas Brothers and Kevin Hart.

However, experts warn that the free “old age filter,” created in 2017 by developers at Wireless Lab in St. Petersburg, Russia, poses security concerns that may give them access to your personal information and identity.

The Russian app is one of the most downloaded across the globe, with fans on social media using the hashtag #faceappchallenge to share their results. The tool augments your face to look double or triple your current age — with wrinkles, sagging and yellowed teeth — and also allows you to look younger, swap genders and try out a beard.

But be warned: FaceApp, which you grant permission to access your photo gallery, also includes in their Terms and Conditions that they have the right to modify, reproduce and publish any of the images you process through its AI.

That means that your face could end up being commercialized — or worse.

UK-based Digitas strategist James Whatley said on Twitter, “You grant FaceApp a perpetual, irrevocable… royalty-free… license to use, adapt, publish, distribute your user content… in all media formats… when you post or otherwise share.”

That means they can also use your real name, your username or “any likeness provided” in any format without notifying, much less paying, you. They can retain that material as long as they want, even after you delete the app, and you won’t be able to stop them. Even those who set their Apple iOS photo permissions to “never,” as Tech Crunch points out, are not protected against the terms.

Security expert Ariel Hochstadt told Daily Mail that hackers, who are not infrequently agents of the Russian government, can log the websites visited and “the activities they perform in those websites,” though they might not know the identity of the person being tracked.
But when we also give them access to our phone’s camera, they can “secretly record” someone — who could be a targeted or prosecuted member of society, says Hochstadt, such as “a young gay person.” Now the hackers (and Russian government by proxy) can cross-reference your face and phone information with the websites you’re using.

Continue HERE:

https://www.reporterswall.com/breaking-faceapp-russians-now-old-photos/
Re: BREAKING: Faceapp: Russians Now Own All Your Old Photos... Shocking Details by Fadomero(m): 11:09pm On Jul 17, 2019
Men that app mad ooo

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Faceapp: Russians Now Own All Your Old Photos... Shocking Details by happybee: 11:21pm On Jul 17, 2019
Inside life...
grin

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Faceapp: Russians Now Own All Your Old Photos... Shocking Details by Tosindwise(m): 12:28am On Jul 18, 2019
I got all a whole lot of time ...I ensure I read the review of any apps I wanna download, and I also check out the terms and conditions.
To quote a man who told me long time ago that "If you wanna sell Nigeria just put everything in black and white _why ? Because the black man don't read"
And I totally agree with him... We usually do things before asking question....
That is why some people in Nigeria needs common sense to always ask the question 'why'?
.....if you agree with me like!

9 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Faceapp: Russians Now Own All Your Old Photos... Shocking Details by Stanweezy(m): 5:55am On Jul 18, 2019
This whole write up is bullshit, so they wan tell me say those Tiwa and Wizkid old pics say na them do am by themselves.

Even the person that wrote this and the OP that brought it here, I can use the faceapp without ur permission to double or tripple ur age as far as I have it picture.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Faceapp: Russians Now Own All Your Old Photos... Shocking Details by toms55(m): 6:35am On Jul 18, 2019
Tosindwise:
I got all a whole lot of time ...I ensure I read the review of any apps I wanna download, and I also check out the terms and conditions.
To quote a man who told me long time ago that "If you wanna sell Nigeria just put everything in black and white _why ? Because the black man don't read"
That is why some people in Nigeria needs common sense to always ask the question 'why'?
why should I agree with you?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Faceapp: Russians Now Own All Your Old Photos... Shocking Details by TANID(m): 6:52am On Jul 18, 2019
Tosindwise:
I Read That Terms And Conditions As Well, And That's Why I Step Back For Now.
Re: BREAKING: Faceapp: Russians Now Own All Your Old Photos... Shocking Details by Cashmanbreeze: 7:53am On Jul 18, 2019
Because the app came from Russia.
If it was done by the US, then no problem

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Faceapp: Russians Now Own All Your Old Photos... Shocking Details by whizbee(m): 7:58am On Jul 18, 2019
Forbes actually used a security metaphor against this app creators on Twitter yesterday...

because the app is viral and successful "but" comes from Russia, it poses a security threat, really?

this is a partisan remark and should be withdrawn, what about instagram, Facebook and Snapchat with similar or same storage permission requests, they never posed any threat even after several indications from the us Congress they were compromised...

this is not right, and because they say it, all other nations should propagate the news? no way... that app is good and the us can kick rocks in their embitterment against Russian and other nations innovations

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Faceapp: Russians Now Own All Your Old Photos... Shocking Details by babylonjah: 7:58am On Jul 18, 2019
...... Cut that crab because it Russian's the US will float all sorts of conspiracy theories

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Faceapp: Russians Now Own All Your Old Photos... Shocking Details by Cletus77(m): 8:24am On Jul 18, 2019
I wonder if Americans want everything to be produced in the US..that was how they said Huawei posed a security threat now it's Russia

Wonder what they are scared of

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Faceapp: Russians Now Own All Your Old Photos... Shocking Details by Roon9(m): 8:37am On Jul 18, 2019
Tosindwise:

What information do you think the Russians could possibly need from you?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Faceapp: Russians Now Own All Your Old Photos... Shocking Details by Nobody: 8:57am On Jul 18, 2019
Cashmanbreeze:
Because the app came from Russia.
If it was done by the US, then no problem
I wish I could like this post a million times.

The app now poses a security threat because it's from Russia, the USA does not want the likes of China to overtake them militarily/technologically so they won't challenge their hegemony.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Faceapp: Russians Now Own All Your Old Photos... Shocking Details by Rayd502(m): 9:13am On Jul 18, 2019
If it was a US made app it would be ok,now that it is Russia it's an issue...Yeye dey smell.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Faceapp: Russians Now Own All Your Old Photos... Shocking Details by Came4amod: 9:21am On Jul 18, 2019
Was watching Elon Musk the Tesla CEO was talking about (Neuralink) this AI - Human Brain Symbiosis .. using a computer to upload and download information from the brain .. and he was very confident , once this is achieved the next generation may have the choice to live forever, either by Genetic Engineering or by transferring the memory (consciousness ) into a perfect body that doesn't age with time.
watching all this in the nearest future, it will be very hard to prove the existence of God >>>>> AI is Replicating the mind of God and the beginning of a type 2 civilization ..... and hopefully a deeper understanding of the galaxy ... If the world powers (USA,CHINA,RUSSIA,IRAN) don't wipe the earth clean with Nuclear power before we get there .... this is the most interesting time to be alive ...anything is possible
Re: BREAKING: Faceapp: Russians Now Own All Your Old Photos... Shocking Details by Came4amod: 9:27am On Jul 18, 2019
Tosindwise:
lol if you live in bulgaria and you are above 18 ..sorry case hackers have all your data .. the whole country was hacked ...
Re: BREAKING: Faceapp: Russians Now Own All Your Old Photos... Shocking Details by Cashmanbreeze: 10:49am On Jul 18, 2019
kemicalreaction:
I wish I could like this post a million times.

The app now poses a security threat because it's from Russia, the USA does not want the likes of China to overtake them militarily/technologically so they won't challenge their hegemony.

Massive media propaganda at its best.
Re: BREAKING: Faceapp: Russians Now Own All Your Old Photos... Shocking Details by nicepoker101(m): 12:49pm On Jul 18, 2019
Cletus77:
I wonder if Americans want everything to be produced in the US..that was how they said Huawei posed a security threat now it's Russia

Wonder what they are scared of
See, in life aiming for a top spot is easy. By retaining it for a long time takes a lot of courage and willpower.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Faceapp: Russians Now Own All Your Old Photos... Shocking Details by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jul 18, 2019
If they commercialize my face, that will be a dream come true. Please, they should go ahead.
Re: BREAKING: Faceapp: Russians Now Own All Your Old Photos... Shocking Details by Chydobe: 8:12am On Jul 22, 2019
While you were so eager to join the trendy train of the FaceApp mobile download, did you read the terms of service? Where it states that:

"You grant FaceApp a perpetual, irrevocable, nonexclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, fully-paid, transferable sub-licensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, publicly perform and display your User Content and any name, username or likeness provided in connection with your User Content in all media formats and channels now known or later developed, without compensation to you..."

Virtually everyone that engaged in the FaceApp Mobile download did not... CLICK ON LINK BELOW TO GET FULL GIST

https://www.techlearnhow.com/2019/07/21/faceapp-download-for-mobile-free-is-face-app-safe-to-download/

(1) (Reply)

Romangoddes Shares Sultry Pictures / Meet Psquare Son Camron Who Is A Footballer And Also A Social Media Model / Juventus To Pay Ozo N1.8 Billion As Monthly Salary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.