Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,227 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:02 AM

"We're Satisfied With Third Place, Mikel Obi Played His Role" - Gernot Rohr - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "We're Satisfied With Third Place, Mikel Obi Played His Role" - Gernot Rohr (14915 Views)

Nigeria Vs Germany: FIFA U17 Women's WC Third Place Match (3 - 2) pens / AFCON: Nigeria has The Highest Third Place Finishes In AFCON (see) / Tunisia Vs Nigeria: AFCON Third Place (0 - 1) Full Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"We're Satisfied With Third Place, Mikel Obi Played His Role" - Gernot Rohr by gistvicreports: 5:03am On Jul 18, 2019
@Gistvic.com

Nigeria have secured 3rd place in the 2019 African Cup Of Nations after a 1-0 win against Tunisia. Gistvic Reports.

Gernot Rohr speaks about the match and their past games as he said they are satisfied with the third place as they managed to beat Africa's second best team.

Gernot Rohr also said Mikel Obi needs to be thanked for his career in Nigeria and playing his role as Captain.

The Super Eagles were awarded their bronze medals and Striker Odion Ighalo is currently the highest goal scorer at the tournament in Egypt.
Gernot Rohr also will remain on as Nigeria head coach, despite the country’s Africa Cup of Nations disappointment in Egypt. Gistvic Reports.

He said:
"I am happy to have won my first #AFCON medal. It was a hard tournament... But the future is very bright for my team. We have a lot of young talent coming through.

We conceded some goals in the tournament, due to some mistakes and we have to work on those individual mistakes... But I am happy that each and every player in my @NGSuperEagles squad of 23 played.

What was good in my team, during this tournament, was the mental strength of my players. We lost to Madagascar but came back strongly against Cameroon. And even after our loss in the semi-final, they had a good attitude for the match of today.

we have to thank @mikel_john_obi for the career that he has had with Nigeria. It’s very important we do that. He may not have played throughout the tournament, but he played his role as Captain.

We're satisfied with the third place. We managed to beat Africa's second best team. It was hard so we're good with it. I told the players that winning a small final is better than losing a big one. I'm very positive about the future. Gistvic Reports."

Source: https://www.gistvic.com/2019/07/tunngr-were-satisfied-with-third-place.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We're Satisfied With Third Place, Mikel Obi Played His Role" - Gernot Rohr by Nobody: 5:08am On Jul 18, 2019
Rohr is good enough.

The problem with Nigeria is that we have a lot of exceptional individual players but we don't have a team.

And I found out yesterday that Iwobi is very useless

12 Likes

Re: "We're Satisfied With Third Place, Mikel Obi Played His Role" - Gernot Rohr by Nogodye(m): 5:59am On Jul 18, 2019
Somebody should tell this man that as a Nigerians, we don't settle for less...We are not satisfy with the medal.

21 Likes

Re: "We're Satisfied With Third Place, Mikel Obi Played His Role" - Gernot Rohr by Nbote(m): 5:59am On Jul 18, 2019
Awol1:
Rohr is good enough.

The problem with Nigeria is that we have a lot of exceptional individual players but we don't have a team.

Rohr is gud enough? Jus read ur comment again and see how U are contradicting urself.. D fact dat we celebrate mediocrity is why we are always underachieving and may continue to... It is d duty of d coach to find a balance for d exceptional individual players HE selected.. So far Rohr has proven to not know much about formation and tactics and how to use his players... Musa was d worst player on d pitch yesterday, poor touches, poor ideas and choices, I don't think he completed one single pass in d opposition half yesterday.. D coach has an Onyekuru on d bench in all d matches but somehow his changes are always d same; always bring in Moses Simon who can neither dribble nor run for a Musa, Simon Kalu and Osimhen who have all not proven why dey came to d tournament.. Why not give some of these players a run in demselves.. Yesterday's game was testament to d fact dat Akpenyi wasn't our best hands but somehow d coach kept picking him

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "We're Satisfied With Third Place, Mikel Obi Played His Role" - Gernot Rohr by Nobody: 8:00am On Jul 18, 2019
Nbote:

Rohr is gud enough? Jus read ur comment again and see how U are contradicting urself.. D fact dat we celebrate mediocrity is why we are always underachieving and may continue to... It is d duty of d coach to find a balance for d exceptional individual players HE selected.. So far Rohr has proven to not know much about formation and tactics and how to use his players... Musa was d worst player on d pitch yesterday, poor touches, poor ideas and choices, I don't think he completed one single pass in d opposition half yesterday.. D coach has an Onyekuru on d bench in all d matches but somehow his changes are always d same; always bring in Moses Simon who can neither dribble nor run for a Musa, Simon Kalu and Osimhen who have all not proven why dey came to d tournament.. Why not give some of these players a run in demselves.. Yesterday's game was testament to d fact dat Akpenyi wasn't our best hands but somehow d coach kept picking him

If you took your time, you'd understand that being "good" and being "good enough" has a wide margin between them.

I agree to your submissions especially about the Keeping position. Uzoho was more confident in goal yesterday than Akpeyi has been in the entire tournament.

And the strikers, onyekuru was supposed to be our natural second choice behind Ighalo but the coaches had their reasons.

Overall, lets give Rohr more chance, possibly he'd make things better. I can't support the call for his sack.

So far so good!

12 Likes

Re: "We're Satisfied With Third Place, Mikel Obi Played His Role" - Gernot Rohr by emeijeh(m): 10:17am On Jul 18, 2019
I hope we get the gold in 2021.

Enough of the bronzes

Up Super Eagles

7 Likes

Re: "We're Satisfied With Third Place, Mikel Obi Played His Role" - Gernot Rohr by MooreJozo(m): 10:17am On Jul 18, 2019
ok
Re: "We're Satisfied With Third Place, Mikel Obi Played His Role" - Gernot Rohr by chinavs9ja(m): 10:18am On Jul 18, 2019
Ok oo

I will design your business website today...check my signature
Re: "We're Satisfied With Third Place, Mikel Obi Played His Role" - Gernot Rohr by iTearHerToto: 10:18am On Jul 18, 2019
Nogodye:
Somebody should tell this man that as a Nigerians, we don't settle for less...We are not satisfy with the medal.
Mediocres not satisfied with a medal. Just lookat!

Pukesangry

5 Likes

Re: "We're Satisfied With Third Place, Mikel Obi Played His Role" - Gernot Rohr by chizzyreal: 10:18am On Jul 18, 2019
Fuckoff mikel
Re: "We're Satisfied With Third Place, Mikel Obi Played His Role" - Gernot Rohr by stzy(m): 10:18am On Jul 18, 2019
grin
Re: "We're Satisfied With Third Place, Mikel Obi Played His Role" - Gernot Rohr by StupidVoters: 10:19am On Jul 18, 2019
My perspective towards issues are unique hence I give this guys kudos for winning the bronze. Why?

24 teams compete at the tournament, Egypt the host nation got struck by lightening at round of 16 and here we are downplaying these guys efforts for winning something. It's not passion that makes most of us think like we like the super eagle more, it's extreme stupidity. No be una dey complain on forum every weekend lamenting how one european team or other spoiled your ticket?
No be the same country we dey together while the Northerners said they want the super eagle out at early stage because the team is dominated by Igbos?
On why we lost to Madagascar during the closing group matches, it's a football norm....why do PSG and co keep repeating loosing matches after they've won their respective leagues? To cash on. Yea. You heard me. Football is business, they stake on non important matches too. Ask any of your European or south American based street savvy relatives.

Bad eggs are inevitable in a team, Chukwueze can toil and score 5 goals in 30 minutes, he cost Akpeyi nothing to let 6 comes in under same minutes.

Be wise and appreciate these guys for been there when no one even the president is there to make us happy.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We're Satisfied With Third Place, Mikel Obi Played His Role" - Gernot Rohr by femi4: 10:19am On Jul 18, 2019
What role....nonsense ....Even White coach is not immune to favouritism

Mikel and Balogun have no biz in that squad based on continuity and current form
Re: "We're Satisfied With Third Place, Mikel Obi Played His Role" - Gernot Rohr by konnetu: 10:19am On Jul 18, 2019
we can't take this (orubebe)

Get Access to All Video Courses on Lynda.com as a Premium Member to Watch and even Download videos for offline viewing,send your name to my whatsapp line(on signature)to get instant access.
Re: "We're Satisfied With Third Place, Mikel Obi Played His Role" - Gernot Rohr by pyrex23(m): 10:20am On Jul 18, 2019
Awol1:
Rohr is good enough.

A coach should be able to make a team out of exceptional players..

How did chukwueze fair.. yesterday didn't watch the match
Re: "We're Satisfied With Third Place, Mikel Obi Played His Role" - Gernot Rohr by kolafolabi(m): 10:20am On Jul 18, 2019
Winning a small final is better than losing a big final. Kudos to the Super Eagles

2 Likes

Re: "We're Satisfied With Third Place, Mikel Obi Played His Role" - Gernot Rohr by Owaincouncil: 10:22am On Jul 18, 2019
You are not serious mr rohr. When your mates are going fir gold. It's not your fault. If not that picnic and NFF, you should be on your way back to your country now.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We're Satisfied With Third Place, Mikel Obi Played His Role" - Gernot Rohr by dfrost: 10:24am On Jul 18, 2019
Now can he (Mikel Obi) leave Super Eagles in peace? angry

1 Like

Re: "We're Satisfied With Third Place, Mikel Obi Played His Role" - Gernot Rohr by Nairalandmentor(m): 10:24am On Jul 18, 2019
sad
Re: "We're Satisfied With Third Place, Mikel Obi Played His Role" - Gernot Rohr by Unik3030: 10:25am On Jul 18, 2019
something keeps telling me nff is on a sharing formula with this guy that is y they are hell bent on keeping him, y not train our own local coaches? no matter how much u invest on a stranger he will leave u someday

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We're Satisfied With Third Place, Mikel Obi Played His Role" - Gernot Rohr by Lugianostar(m): 10:26am On Jul 18, 2019
Well said Gernot Rohr

Congratulations on your 1st ever medal for the country

Iwobi and Akpeyi are the herdsmen we must do without next season if we must have a soaring high team...

#Super Eagle#

African underdogs of all times

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: "We're Satisfied With Third Place, Mikel Obi Played His Role" - Gernot Rohr by Anduku: 10:28am On Jul 18, 2019
Next one will be played in Cameroon, make sure you win it

2 Likes

Re: "We're Satisfied With Third Place, Mikel Obi Played His Role" - Gernot Rohr by Anduku: 10:29am On Jul 18, 2019
Nogodye:
You didn't even qualify for the last two editions, be thankful for what you have

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We're Satisfied With Third Place, Mikel Obi Played His Role" - Gernot Rohr by Beverlyjean(f): 10:30am On Jul 18, 2019
No team in AFCON history has finished third like Nigeria...no team comes close ... Semi finals is always their bus stop ... They don't joke with it as if it's their target... 92 bronze, 2002 bronze, 2004 bronze, 2006 bronze, 2010 bronze ...they dint compete in 96, 98, 2012, 2015, 2017 ...they return in 2019 with their bronze again

4 Likes

Re: "We're Satisfied With Third Place, Mikel Obi Played His Role" - Gernot Rohr by SmartyPants(m): 10:31am On Jul 18, 2019
Nogodye:

I don't want to believe my ears... Winning third place is better than coming second... This guy needs to go!

1 Like

Re: "We're Satisfied With Third Place, Mikel Obi Played His Role" - Gernot Rohr by Horus(m): 10:32am On Jul 18, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_kmo8Ac2oU

Nigeria Gets Medals for 3rd Place

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

WAFU Cup: Ezenwa Voted Best Player In Super Eagles Win Vs Sierra Leone / Know The 20 NPFL Teams Competing In The 2017/18 Season / John Ogu & Chiugo Welcome A Baby Girl (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.