Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,970 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

Lagos Begins Night Road Construction Across The State, See Their Timetable - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Begins Night Road Construction Across The State, See Their Timetable (32877 Views)

Uber, Bolt Drivers Face Uncertain Future As Lagos Begins New Regulations / Lagos Begins Commercial Water Transportation, As Sanwo-Olu Launches Speed Boats / Lagos Begins Test Run Of New BRT Buses With Free Services - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Begins Night Road Construction Across The State, See Their Timetable by ridbell01(m): 10:43am On Jul 18, 2019
GISpro:
I don't mean to belittle the work of Lagos State Government. It's just that were not judging Lagos in the right context.

We only think Lagos is superb because we're comparing it to our neglected rural areas.

The Nigerian system allocates 80% of it's resources for urban centres. So in South West only Lagos and Ibadan share not less than 50% of federal development allocation. Add that to all the extortion from public toilets, toll gates, NURTW and stuff. We should be getting a city like Ankara, Johannesburg and Cairo.

For example that Sango to Oshodi road should be nothing less than six lanes on each side.

My point is Lagos is not close to what it should look like.
but you know that the road does not belong to the state alone
Re: Lagos Begins Night Road Construction Across The State, See Their Timetable by Nobody: 10:44am On Jul 18, 2019
Post this on his twitter.
stzy:
Please whomever gave those contractors working on Cele - Oshodi express way contract... God shall do to you what they are doing to mankind.

I hae never seen clueless contractors like that... Since they started work.. we are still yet to understand what is it they are doing... are they laying pipings for telecommunications companies or pipes for oil and gas companies or are they improving the height of the road divider or doing the road contruction?

the worst part is their road diversion strategy... How do you divert traffic to a smaller lane which is yet to be fixed(e.g balet bus stop, ilasa bus stop and now mandilas bus stop.

Please Baba Sanwo Olu… remember to look holistically at Isolo LCDA... all our roads are in an amazingly bad state.

thank you
Re: Lagos Begins Night Road Construction Across The State, See Their Timetable by ridbell01(m): 10:45am On Jul 18, 2019
straighttalk:
Early Gra gra
they it also in abia
Re: Lagos Begins Night Road Construction Across The State, See Their Timetable by ridbell01(m): 10:46am On Jul 18, 2019
chinchonglee:
So badagry road nor deh lagos map

D agony i pass 2ru everyday jst to get home is way too much 4 me(not only me sha). Many rich families in my close don japa go ikoyi.

Fashola, Ambode! Thunder will will decend on both of u whereever u are.

Sanwo-olu ur own thunder is still warming up.
the road is federal road
Re: Lagos Begins Night Road Construction Across The State, See Their Timetable by Lakside1955(m): 10:56am On Jul 18, 2019
Femich18:

Please can you tell me the exact spot on the Igando-Ikotun road that is bad because i cant picture where is bad there?

College bustop on both sides is terrible, especially the other side at olowo Ina bustop, I mean that treasure palace.
Even if u pass that school gate a bit, u will see a big deep hole that's enough to swallow a part of car, that's a big trap for someone who's coming at full speed and doesn't notice it on time
Re: Lagos Begins Night Road Construction Across The State, See Their Timetable by remirez07(m): 11:14am On Jul 18, 2019
What about okokomiko, ajangbadi road? Abi that place no be Lagos again?
Re: Lagos Begins Night Road Construction Across The State, See Their Timetable by chinchonglee(m): 11:17am On Jul 18, 2019
ridbell01:
the road is federal road
Anambra state is repairing federal roads so as Enugu state.

Wen its time to scatter pples shops nd sources of income in dat road, dey wouldnt knw its a federal road but time to repair wat dey av scattered, dats wen d owner of d road story comes to play.
Re: Lagos Begins Night Road Construction Across The State, See Their Timetable by 3rdavefarms(m): 11:26am On Jul 18, 2019
Baba fixing all the area sure babes Dey cheesy

Meanwhile where is Nwawamkpe
Re: Lagos Begins Night Road Construction Across The State, See Their Timetable by SOJOSEPH(m): 11:36am On Jul 18, 2019
When are they going to start in ibeju lekki including sangotedo, Abijo, bogije, eleko, ibeju etc.

I hope the omission is not intentional. This is tolled road on which we are not suppose to complain before they are fixed.
Re: Lagos Begins Night Road Construction Across The State, See Their Timetable by Nobody: 11:36am On Jul 18, 2019
COMPAQ:
We need to stop this practice of using substandard road maintenance practices. Going by the picture I saw, I can tell you that the road maintenance being done will not last more than one year. By next years rains, particularly if there is poor drainage there, it will likely wash away.

Left to me, we should use proper civil contractors like hi tech, RCC, even JB if necessary etc to do our road maintenance. While many may say we need to give our local contractors a chance, the truth is that they are not doing themselves any favours. It's much better to spend more to do top quality road works that last than spending less to do road maintenance that washes away in 6 months.

You've made some good point but i need to remind you that this is Nigeria. Most of our local contractors are top notch, in fact visit Julius Berger, Chinese Concession company and the rest, Nigerians are the ones handling day -to-day operations, most of these white men are just there as figureheads. But then again, the Nigeria kickback factor always come to play. They would have deducted 40% of the total contract sum to bribe godfathers, commissioners, local government chairman, House of Assembly member, Sanwo-Olu himself would take a cut leaving the contractor scrambling to even make enough for himself.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Begins Night Road Construction Across The State, See Their Timetable by mobilemykel: 11:44am On Jul 18, 2019
Sezua:

that road needs a total overhaul
I swear down, broda man
Re: Lagos Begins Night Road Construction Across The State, See Their Timetable by olowofariwo(m): 11:46am On Jul 18, 2019
ijegun - ikotun should be 1st in the list
Re: Lagos Begins Night Road Construction Across The State, See Their Timetable by drmikeadams(m): 11:49am On Jul 18, 2019
grin grin tinubu patch road,fash,patch road,ambo patch road,sanwo is patching another governor Will enter and thé patching Will continue till year 2050....governmnent Will always be patching yet pot holes every where
Re: Lagos Begins Night Road Construction Across The State, See Their Timetable by indomitableme: 11:51am On Jul 18, 2019
I am not seeing Ajah -Epe express road.
If the rehabilitation of the dilapidated access road to the refinery can't be considered as imminent, then I smell a foul play.
anyway thanks for the good initiative of this new administration.
Re: Lagos Begins Night Road Construction Across The State, See Their Timetable by wasbas(f): 11:54am On Jul 18, 2019
What about marketing, Akilo road
Re: Lagos Begins Night Road Construction Across The State, See Their Timetable by FrenchyL(m): 12:08pm On Jul 18, 2019
AutoReportNG:
Eko oni baje...

See more of the roads constructed overnight here

https://www.autoreportng.com/2019/07/lagos-begins-night-road-construction.html

Please i hope they do not forget the roads in VI and Ikoyi. Those roads are really bad

1 Like

Re: Lagos Begins Night Road Construction Across The State, See Their Timetable by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jul 18, 2019
dominique:
No Badagry road?
Greetings domi, I sent you a message.

I will appreciate it if you reply.

Thanks!
Re: Lagos Begins Night Road Construction Across The State, See Their Timetable by phenol33(m): 12:13pm On Jul 18, 2019
somebody should tell imo state governor that others have started work already!!!
Re: Lagos Begins Night Road Construction Across The State, See Their Timetable by bonnyhope: 12:41pm On Jul 18, 2019
AS USUAL, THERE IS NO IBEJU LEKKI IN THE TIME TABLE .....ALWAYS NEGLECTED
Re: Lagos Begins Night Road Construction Across The State, See Their Timetable by bonnyhope: 12:46pm On Jul 18, 2019
SOJOSEPH:
When are they going to start in ibeju lekki including sangotedo, Abijo, bogije, eleko, ibeju etc.

I hope the omission is not intentional. This is tolled road on which we are not suppose to complain before they are fixed.

MY BROTHER I DONT KNOW WHY IBEJU LEKKI AXIS IS TREATED LIKE IS NOT WITHIN THE LANDMASS OF LAGOS
Re: Lagos Begins Night Road Construction Across The State, See Their Timetable by henrimoto(m): 12:59pm On Jul 18, 2019
bibianna:
Governor Sanwo, Pls i only want you to come to Ijagemu in Ikotun for road inspection. Everywhere there is just hellish. That's all.
Ijegemo!! Is there a tarred road there? Na tarred road wey bad dem dey do now.
Re: Lagos Begins Night Road Construction Across The State, See Their Timetable by Femich18(m): 1:05pm On Jul 18, 2019
Lakside1955:

College bustop on both sides is terrible, especially the other side at olowo Ina bustop, I mean that treasure palace.
Even if u pass that school gate a bit, u will see a big deep hole that's enough to swallow a part of car, that's a big trap for someone who's coming at full speed and doesn't notice it on time

Wow. Thanks
Re: Lagos Begins Night Road Construction Across The State, See Their Timetable by henrimoto(m): 1:16pm On Jul 18, 2019
Every part of Lagos is complaining of severe bad roads (As in major state roads). It clearly shows that the last Lagos state government before now under Governor Ambode did nothing about repairs on major state roads during his tenure.

He was busy with his monumental projects @ oshodi. Just observe the present Roads and Environment in Lagos State, Is this how Fashola left it before he (Ambode) came in?
Re: Lagos Begins Night Road Construction Across The State, See Their Timetable by Curry30: 1:23pm On Jul 18, 2019
All these eye service road repairs. The roads repaired in my area 3 days before the election (yes 3 days before the election), is now in a worse state than before the repairs.

Mile 2-Iyana Oba-Okokomaiko road is pleading for attention. Even Tippers and Trucks divert from that road (Road wey tipper dey fear...una no fear am?) the govt has turned a blind eye to it.

Despite the various taxes, legal and illegal, LASG is collecting there's nothing to show for it.

Anyway, we'll give Sanwo-Olu benefit of a doubt. He's just starting his tenure. We'll judge after 2 years.

Good luck with the project though!
Re: Lagos Begins Night Road Construction Across The State, See Their Timetable by jahswill99: 2:25pm On Jul 18, 2019
get your wirelessly earpod @guveaway price of #2500 this july DM / whatsapp 08102206877

Re: Lagos Begins Night Road Construction Across The State, See Their Timetable by piagetskinner(m): 2:38pm On Jul 18, 2019
Surulere nko...?
Re: Lagos Begins Night Road Construction Across The State, See Their Timetable by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jul 18, 2019
Where us MUSHIN
Re: Lagos Begins Night Road Construction Across The State, See Their Timetable by Mojoy88(m): 4:09pm On Jul 18, 2019
deepumpy:
No Badagry.. Who did we offend Gan ?
Life na turn by turn.
Re: Lagos Begins Night Road Construction Across The State, See Their Timetable by Damod88: 4:23pm On Jul 18, 2019
Stormyweather:
Rome wasn't built in a day. Lagos is pushing it compared to other states.

The argument that Rome was not built in a day is nonsense. It is used by failed people to justify their failure. I have heard politicians in Lagos say if the city were a country it would be the 5th largest economy in the continent, yet Lagos remains a slum with poor infrastructures for its dwellers.You should just come to Ikorodu and have a loot at how backward and poor the place is. Almost all the roads are impassable for motorists. Even my home town I consider backward fares better than some parts in Ikorodu. With the money Lagos State is generating nothing should have stopped the politicians in the city to build first class infrastructures.
Re: Lagos Begins Night Road Construction Across The State, See Their Timetable by Prompto: 6:25pm On Jul 18, 2019
Your wailing never start, 4 more miserable years of unending sorrowful wailing to your elbow.

stzy:

As if there was zero vote for APC...

Take your frustration to your house and cool off A-hole
Re: Lagos Begins Night Road Construction Across The State, See Their Timetable by Phyde: 6:35pm On Jul 18, 2019
deepumpy:
No Badagry.. Who did we offend Gan ?
Baba me too tire ooo cry
Re: Lagos Begins Night Road Construction Across The State, See Their Timetable by Beautyaddy: 7:37pm On Jul 18, 2019
Hmmm...So who is funding all these road constructions in Lagos State?

And why can't the same be done with the other 35 States Nigeria has embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Truck Driver Parks On Ore-Ijebu Road To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam / Man's Wife And 3 Children Die In Fatal Accident In Benue (Photos) / Terrible Accident As Car Speeds Into BRT Lane Demarcation In Lagos (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.