Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,964 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

Pinnick Reacts To Removal As CAF Vice President - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Pinnick Reacts To Removal As CAF Vice President (28357 Views)

Oshoala In Running For 5th Award As CAF Releases Shortlist. / CAS Reinstates Ahmad Ahmad As CAF President / Danger For The Super Falcons As CAF Reinstates Equatorial Guinea To AWCON 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pinnick Reacts To Removal As CAF Vice President by RDPMAN: 7:39am On Jul 19, 2019
B
Re: Pinnick Reacts To Removal As CAF Vice President by papiddo(m): 7:43am On Jul 19, 2019
*Overtaking is Allowed*

Eroms4life17:
So this guy was actually scheming to overthrow CAF president. See politics in football!
Re: Pinnick Reacts To Removal As CAF Vice President by Lugianostar(m): 7:48am On Jul 19, 2019
Hmmmmm!!!

Always having stories to backup their shortcomings.

The glass house administrative figure head that is questionable of some hard currency that dissappeared before his watch linked in the last edition of FiFA world cup.

One good great achievement deserves another but not for Amadu Pinnick.

You have questions to answer before Nigerian watch dogs (EFCC) better now crest your shirt as "EFCC am here" and report with your bed and pillow cases before they come after you.

Tinubu as baptise this one as a well labelled Oshokosho

�����
Re: Pinnick Reacts To Removal As CAF Vice President by AdemolaA2: 7:52am On Jul 19, 2019
Eroms4life17:
So this guy was actually scheming to overthrow CAF president. See politics in football!

To me , There is nothing wrong overthrowing your superior.. as long as it is done with civility and not force . After all , CAF president can’t be there forever !!!
Re: Pinnick Reacts To Removal As CAF Vice President by Aystarz: 7:59am On Jul 19, 2019
Anduku:

You believe that rubbish news? Amaju wasn't even elected, he just stepped in to complete the tenure of kwesi nyantaki of Ghana who was removed for corruption. Now his tenure is over and a new executive elected. Try to get facts before rushing to comment on things you know nothing about. Amaju is still a member of the CAF executive committee as we speak

Ideally, after the closure of the tenure of any CAF 1st Vice President, the President of the body recommends him for another tenure of service. Now, Ahmad Ahmad, to the amazement of many, didn't do this, which somehow corroborates the rumour that there is bad blood between the two. Pinnick is no saint here.
Re: Pinnick Reacts To Removal As CAF Vice President by kipesco(m): 8:08am On Jul 19, 2019
hisgrace090:
Mr pinnick it was alleged that you attempted overthrowing your boss to take over from him, guilty or not guilty?

Hahahaha

Technically, are you Tanko?
Re: Pinnick Reacts To Removal As CAF Vice President by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:17am On Jul 19, 2019
Eroms4life17:
how was he he scheming cos he was telling Ahmad the truth... the mess that brought FIFA to clean is it a good omen... same amaju championed hayatou removal when he supported Ahmad... if elections are up tomoro amaju can fancy his chances...to contest against...after all caf is not in best shape now
Re: Pinnick Reacts To Removal As CAF Vice President by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:18am On Jul 19, 2019
Princedapace:
This guy would have done worse if he was made caf President.

Take a look at our own league. Nothing to write home about.
u no sabi anything...na amaju cause as the league de now...
Re: Pinnick Reacts To Removal As CAF Vice President by Nobody: 8:21am On Jul 19, 2019
I'm guilty my lord. But I have $2m for you in cash.
hisgrace090:
Mr pinnick it was alleged that you attempted overthrowing your boss to take over from him, guilty or not guilty?
Re: Pinnick Reacts To Removal As CAF Vice President by DarkJeddi(m): 8:25am On Jul 19, 2019
kenzo25:
That’s a good consolation for himself, inside him he’s a bitter person.
However he feels inside is immaterial,

His outward reaction to the news is what matters..

And what is important is that he showed maturity and grace in his response to the news.

1 Like

Re: Pinnick Reacts To Removal As CAF Vice President by Caseless: 8:26am On Jul 19, 2019
Richdad50:
shocked

Those who mock you here may, in their lifetime, never dust the shoes you have worn less wear them.

I have learnt in life to never criticize very successful men. I rather criticize public officials or corrupt politicians than a man who have walked the thin lines of success and deeds.

My Father once told me that success have ears and conscience thus can tell a mockery from afar.
In other words, you are toast.

Richdad
You're contradicting yourself. Pinnick is a public official. Maybe your post is a general message not related to the topic.
Re: Pinnick Reacts To Removal As CAF Vice President by Soso990240(m): 8:27am On Jul 19, 2019
lexyman:
Why are people saying he was removed ? His tenure is over ...

He is the best NFF Chairman ... very articulate , goal driven and knows how best to attract investors ... for the first time in many years our national team goes to competition fully prepared ...

Super falcon, flying eagles ,Super Eagles ..can testify to this .
Fully prepared how? was it not during his tenure that Mikel used his Money to pay for their hotel accommodation? wat about d protests by the players both male and female?
Re: Pinnick Reacts To Removal As CAF Vice President by Godsonx2012: 8:40am On Jul 19, 2019
Richdad50:
shocked

Those who mock you here may, in their lifetime, never dust the shoes you have worn less wear them.

I have learnt in life to never criticize very successful men. I rather criticize public officials or corrupt politicians than a man who have walked the thin lines of success and deeds.

My Father once told me that success have ears and conscience thus can tell a mockery from afar.
In other words, you are toast.

Richdad

You sound like a philosopher sometimes.
Re: Pinnick Reacts To Removal As CAF Vice President by MrOIO(m): 8:40am On Jul 19, 2019
Gistpeeps:
President of the Nigeria Football Federation, NFF, Amaju Pinnick, has reacted to his removal as the Confederation of African Football, CAF, 1st Vice President.

Pinnick, reacting said his tenure has been an excellent opportunity to serve as the Number Two football administrator on the continent and my commitment to the game is perpetual while my support for my colleagues in the Executive Committee remains steadfast.

“I congratulate Omari, Lekjaa and Danny on the assumption of their new roles as 1st, 2nd and 3rd Vice CAF Presidents respectively,” Pinnick said.

https://all-gists..com/2019/07/pinnick-reacts-to-removal-as-caf-vice-president.html
Re: Pinnick Reacts To Removal As CAF Vice President by MrOIO(m): 8:41am On Jul 19, 2019
I see
Re: Pinnick Reacts To Removal As CAF Vice President by Nobody: 8:47am On Jul 19, 2019
Anduku:

You believe that rubbish news? Amaju wasn't even elected, he just stepped in to complete the tenure of kwesi nyantaki of Ghana who was removed for corruption. Now his tenure is over and a new executive elected. Try to get facts before rushing to comment on things you know nothing about. Amaju is still a member of the CAF executive committee as we speak
You're the one who needs to get facts. Amaju said that he was not nominated caf president due to differences in his post. So it's obvious he has issues with the caf president
Re: Pinnick Reacts To Removal As CAF Vice President by ubcandid(m): 9:19am On Jul 19, 2019
Aystarz:

Ideally, after the closure of the tenure of any CAF 1st Vice President, the President of the body recommends him for another tenure of service. Now, Ahmad Ahmad, to the amazement of many, didn't do this, which somehow corroborates the rumour that there is bad blood between the two. Pinnick is no saint here.

The CAF president you are referring to has been under suspension for some time now and would not have had the opportunity to nominate pinnick. If you have been watching AFCON, you wouldn't notice that he wasn't recognized, even when the camera screens him.
Re: Pinnick Reacts To Removal As CAF Vice President by ubcandid(m): 9:20am On Jul 19, 2019
Buckubuck:

You're the one who needs to get facts. Amaju said that he was not nominated caf president due to differences in his post. So it's obvious he has issues with the caf president

It could also be obvious that a different group which successfully placed the CAF president under suspension are the ones he is having issues with.
Re: Pinnick Reacts To Removal As CAF Vice President by Kingoscar: 9:44am On Jul 19, 2019
The best Chairman ever on the helms of affair of NFF,By God's grace and power,you shall be the new CAF PRESIDENT
Re: Pinnick Reacts To Removal As CAF Vice President by henrysam(m): 10:53am On Jul 19, 2019
kenzo25:
That’s a good consolation fosr himself, inside him he’s a bitter person.
Na traditional stool? Even life, there's a day to come and another day to exit.
Re: Pinnick Reacts To Removal As CAF Vice President by Aystarz: 11:23am On Jul 19, 2019
ubcandid:

The CAF president you are referring to has been under suspension for some time now and would not have had the opportunity to nominate pinnick. If you have been watching AFCON, you wouldn't notice that he wasn't recognized, even when the camera screens him.

If that's the case, then how come the 2nd and 3rd Vice Presidents were promoted, while he, the first of them all, was axed? Everybody else moved up the ranks, even Danny Jordan who prior to now, was only a committee member. Something is fishy and you know it bro grin

1 Like

Re: Pinnick Reacts To Removal As CAF Vice President by Litmus: 1:07pm On Jul 19, 2019
One of the reasons I do not want Nigeria to be part of any African Union. Europeans control these other African nations in any such union and often Europeans side with these other Africans to the exclusion of Nigerians whom Europeans find more challenging and difficult to control. Europeans often use the excuse of corruption to sideline Nigerians. Yet, if you look at all these organisations; lets take those to do with sport for example, you’ll see that from the Olympics to football all the Africans they have placed in positions of authority, often from French Africa or Southern Africa, all have ended up found guilty of corruption anyway.

Frankie Fredric from Namibia - corrupt; that black one from Senegal –corrupt grin that one from the caribbean in FIFA- corrupt

Nigeria is making a monumental mistake joining that African Free Trade thing...
Re: Pinnick Reacts To Removal As CAF Vice President by decco1878: 1:37pm On Jul 19, 2019
Gistpeeps:
President of the Nigeria Football Federation, NFF, Amaju Pinnick, has reacted to his removal as the Confederation of African Football, CAF, 1st Vice President.

Pinnick, reacting said his tenure has been an excellent opportunity to serve as the Number Two football administrator on the continent and my commitment to the game is perpetual while my support for my colleagues in the Executive Committee remains steadfast.

“I congratulate Omari, Lekjaa and Danny on the assumption of their new roles as 1st, 2nd and 3rd Vice CAF Presidents respectively,” Pinnick said.

https://all-gists..com/2019/07/pinnick-reacts-to-removal-as-caf-vice-president.html
Re: Pinnick Reacts To Removal As CAF Vice President by ubcandid(m): 5:32pm On Jul 19, 2019
Aystarz:

If that's the case, then how come the 2nd and 3rd Vice Presidents were promoted, while he, the first of them all, was axed? Everybody else moved up the ranks, even Danny Jordan who prior to now, was only a committee member. Something is fishy and you know it bro grin

Well I think the powers that ousted the president felt pinnick is a threat to them. Sure political games are always fishy.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dettol Cool Announces Odion Ighalo As New Brand Ambassador / Victor Osimhen Ranked 4th-best Player In Serie A [top 10] / The Best FIFA Football Awards 2021 Winners (updates)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.