Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,468 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

Matthijs de Ligt And Luis Suarez At Ajax (Throwback Photos) - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Matthijs de Ligt And Luis Suarez At Ajax (Throwback Photos) (45259 Views)

Matthijs De Ligt Scores Own Goal In His First Start For Juventus / Juventus Signs Matthijs De Ligt For €75m Until 2024 / Lionel Messi And Luis Suarez Jet Off To England (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Matthijs de Ligt And Luis Suarez At Ajax (Throwback Photos) by Adakintroy2: 9:37am On Jul 19, 2019
Some will say Europeans are lying l. We forget that we are suffering from acute case of malnutrition.

I went to my uncle house, saw his fifteen yr old daughter. If not for the fact I was around when she was born I would doubt her age. Girl look like pawpaw weh dem plant for shiiitt.

2 Likes

Re: Matthijs de Ligt And Luis Suarez At Ajax (Throwback Photos) by Adakintroy2: 9:37am On Jul 19, 2019

1 Like

Re: Matthijs de Ligt And Luis Suarez At Ajax (Throwback Photos) by godwinony(m): 9:40am On Jul 19, 2019
mvem:
premier league best player

That one Na conquering?..Zaha could be the premier league's best player at crystal palace while the club finish 10th on the table, will he say he conquered the league?
Re: Matthijs de Ligt And Luis Suarez At Ajax (Throwback Photos) by mvem(m): 9:42am On Jul 19, 2019
godwinony:

That one Na conquering?..Zaha could be the premier league's best player at crystal palace while the club finish 10th on the table, will he say he conquered the league?
depends on what your context you mean... It can mean that he was the best player in the whole league therefore he conquered it.. It depends sha
Re: Matthijs de Ligt And Luis Suarez At Ajax (Throwback Photos) by andrew444(m): 9:43am On Jul 19, 2019
godwinony:

Oga Na conquering,Epl best player doesn't come from a team who finished 10th on the table

Van dijk also conquered the Epl as Suarez gas done ,you think say he easy ? Why dem no give player from people wey win league

1 Like

Re: Matthijs de Ligt And Luis Suarez At Ajax (Throwback Photos) by fx45(m): 9:46am On Jul 19, 2019
gift01:
Nigeria players hardly would produce a major throwback picture. it would be good to see Uzoho's 2010 pishure since he was just 10+ years back then
Uzoho in 2015. I hope this helps

1 Like

Re: Matthijs de Ligt And Luis Suarez At Ajax (Throwback Photos) by godwinony(m): 9:49am On Jul 19, 2019
andrew444:

Oga Na conquering,Epl best player doesn't come from a team who finished 10th on the table

Van dijk also conquered the Epl as Suarez gas done ,you think say he easy ? Why dem no give player from people wey win league

Look at it from the prism of another sport. Basketball. Giannis Antetekuompo of the Milwaukee Bucks won the MVP award while Kawhi Leonard single handedly propelled the Toronto Raptors to winning their first ever NBA title. Which of them go beat their chests say them conquer the league? I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: Matthijs de Ligt And Luis Suarez At Ajax (Throwback Photos) by Codyt(m): 10:05am On Jul 19, 2019
movingclouds:

I tire for this Oyinbo... For 10yrs, I still dey hope growth
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Me sef

1 Like

Re: Matthijs de Ligt And Luis Suarez At Ajax (Throwback Photos) by AbujaBlue: 10:06am On Jul 19, 2019
DesChyko:

Copy and paste.

You must have missed the url linking to the original article? It's not as if I'm trying to pass this as my own like many do on Nairaland, I just found this story elsewhere and attached link to give it some context. Some out dated context as it turns out, apologies for that.

I'm not de Ligt's dad who has been carrying this photo around for 9 years grin

3 Likes

Re: Matthijs de Ligt And Luis Suarez At Ajax (Throwback Photos) by leoaso(m): 10:20am On Jul 19, 2019
godwinony:
Op..how did Luis Suarez conquer the premier league?..did Liverpool win the league during his time? Abeg modify your second paragraph.. angry

Lol. Bros calm down na. They said Suarez conquered the league, not Liverpool. Person wey dey score 30 goals in one season, wetin him wan do again? No be him fault say Loserpool no fit hold 3-0 lead against Crystal Palace.
Re: Matthijs de Ligt And Luis Suarez At Ajax (Throwback Photos) by AsaBlackheart(m): 10:23am On Jul 19, 2019
Stale article :$
Before Barca - Liverpool sef
Mtcheww
Re: Matthijs de Ligt And Luis Suarez At Ajax (Throwback Photos) by Bizibi(m): 10:24am On Jul 19, 2019
clive2u:
Imagine our 20year old keeper (uzoho) posing with Suarez at that age and time.
why why!!! Leave our grand pa 19 year old keeper alone
Re: Matthijs de Ligt And Luis Suarez At Ajax (Throwback Photos) by Nobody: 10:30am On Jul 19, 2019
White men has the believe that once thier kids plays in a football academy, the percentage of them playing for senior team is 80% but here in Nigeria, if your child tells u he is going for a football training; my brother investigate bcus that football training is a donation centre where coaches ask them to bring ₦20 every day before they can train and after that they end up been scammed. calculate ₦20 for over 20players for 2yrs...

Nigeria football na scammed, if u get ur money find good agent waka jeje go play ur ball outside.

2 Likes

Re: Matthijs de Ligt And Luis Suarez At Ajax (Throwback Photos) by nnokwa042(m): 10:30am On Jul 19, 2019
odave:
Now if he plays in U20 some people go dey shout say na football age... See how the guy dey progress
nobody dey shout for european players age, even buffon 41 years still dey keep but for naija players .32 years dem don retire to show that 32 is not there real age
Re: Matthijs de Ligt And Luis Suarez At Ajax (Throwback Photos) by Sanchez01: 10:55am On Jul 19, 2019
Stanweezy:
This is the case of Old men in Nigerian politics refusing to give way to the younger ones, See Suarez years and Delight
Delight ko, Rejoice ni grin
Re: Matthijs de Ligt And Luis Suarez At Ajax (Throwback Photos) by olumalcolm(m): 11:14am On Jul 19, 2019
AbujaBlue:
Here is a quote from one of his former teachers:

"If someone in his class or his sibling gets bullied, Matthijs would not do what most people would do...that is "run away". Instead, He would stand in for the bullied"

https://lifebogger.com/matthijs-de-ligt-childhood-story-plus-untold-biography-facts/
Thats the kinda defenders Juventus like, no nonsense. angry if u see messi, stand ur ground. angry

1 Like

Re: Matthijs de Ligt And Luis Suarez At Ajax (Throwback Photos) by Mryacks: 11:16am On Jul 19, 2019
godwinony:
Op..how did Luis Suarez conquer the premier league?..did Liverpool win the league during his time? Abeg modify your second paragraph.. angry

I no know ooh...had one good last season and then moved to Barcelona
Re: Matthijs de Ligt And Luis Suarez At Ajax (Throwback Photos) by seanjy4konji: 12:02pm On Jul 19, 2019
if na naija,its either he is in studio,smoking and rapping aspiring to be davido or zlatan, or on instagram waaiting for give away,or at home counting ceiling die to ASUU strike or in first bank bulk room sweating like a pig onto 40 k naira salary or probably dead from sars bullet or saving every last kobo to make travel trhough Libya to enter europe...

unless from rich parents and a bit intelligent will he have a jolly ride in Nigeria.
Re: Matthijs de Ligt And Luis Suarez At Ajax (Throwback Photos) by Glycosunde: 12:04pm On Jul 19, 2019
and uzoho was supposed to be his mate abi. Imagine uzoho who is 20years old but has a 19years old daughter. Is baba God not wonderful.

1 Like

Re: Matthijs de Ligt And Luis Suarez At Ajax (Throwback Photos) by abuuzy(m): 12:24pm On Jul 19, 2019
godwinony:
Oga name a better player than Suarez when he was in Liverpool in the whole of the EPL,he won the European golden boot along with ronaldo even when that 1 had penalties added to his tallies ,bale dominated too without winning the league, no player came close to suarez when in the EPL
Re: Matthijs de Ligt And Luis Suarez At Ajax (Throwback Photos) by toscolee(m): 12:25pm On Jul 19, 2019
TheExecutioner:
That kind of age cheating only applies to Nigeria and some other African countries.

South Americans cheat too, but not as much as we do.
Re: Matthijs de Ligt And Luis Suarez At Ajax (Throwback Photos) by abuuzy(m): 12:30pm On Jul 19, 2019
Mryacks:

I no know ooh...had one good last season and then moved to Barcelona
Salah won the league? But he conquered,Suarez was the best,when he played in Liverpool,when last an English player won the European golden boot without scoring a penalty nonsense.
Re: Matthijs de Ligt And Luis Suarez At Ajax (Throwback Photos) by kiddkash(m): 12:37pm On Jul 19, 2019
odave:
Now if he plays in U20 some people go dey shout say na football age... See how the guy dey progress
exactly people don't know that if you are an athlete your body grows big and the testosterone level increase a lot. they just shout its a lie
Re: Matthijs de Ligt And Luis Suarez At Ajax (Throwback Photos) by decco1878: 1:25pm On Jul 19, 2019
AbujaBlue:
This an incredible picture of Matthijs de Ligt and Luis Suarez during the latter's Ajax times. How the time flies!

The Uruguayan has managed to conquer the Premier League, the La Liga and the Champions League while the Dutchman has grown to be the hottest prospect in the world's football and close to the Barcelona move. There is a 12-year gap between the two, however, they share the same roots.

There is still a chance that Ajax and Barcelona face each other in the Champions League final which is set to take place at the Wanda Metropolitano stadium in Madrid on 1 June. However, they need to overcome Tottenham and Liverpool first. Still, the possibility of the Johan Cruyff-inspired final at the biggest European stage is a real dream.

Moreover, according to ESPN and other top sources, De Ligt could still end up at the Camp Nou stadium as he is expected to follow the example of his Ajax teammate Frenkie de Jong. The midfielder cost Barcelona 75 million euros and they are likely to pay the same amount of money for the defender as well.

De Ligt has been at Ajax since 2009 when he was just 10 years old. He was promoted to the first team in October 2016. Since then, he has made 110 appearances for the seniors and scored 11 goals, including the crucial winner against Juventus this week. Incredibly, the 19-year-old is currently Ajax captain.

Luis Suarez's Ajax tenure, meanwhile, lasted between 2007 and 2011. He scored 111 goals in 159 matches for the Eredivisie giants.

https://tribuna.com/en/fcbarcelona/news/3355719/
Re: Matthijs de Ligt And Luis Suarez At Ajax (Throwback Photos) by ejemamaka: 2:52pm On Jul 19, 2019
Re: Matthijs de Ligt And Luis Suarez At Ajax (Throwback Photos) by Alejobs: 4:48pm On Jul 22, 2019
We are the change the world is waiting for....
Re: Matthijs de Ligt And Luis Suarez At Ajax (Throwback Photos) by DarlingEmojist(m): 4:00pm On Jul 24, 2019
Wait!! Is that De light orh Suarez Son?
Re: Matthijs de Ligt And Luis Suarez At Ajax (Throwback Photos) by DarlingEmojist(m): 4:04pm On Jul 24, 2019
Eyah.. See as Suarez son is steering at me

(1) (2) (Reply)

Liverpool Players, Coach In Tears After 4-3 Barcelona Comeback (Photos) / Ahmed Musa And Juliet Ejue's Wedding In Abuja (Photos) / Iheanacho Sends Message To Guardiola & Man City After Leicester Move

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.