Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,833 members, 7,828,040 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

Future, 50 Cent And More To Perform In Saudi Arabia After Nicki Minaj - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Future, 50 Cent And More To Perform In Saudi Arabia After Nicki Minaj (414 Views)

50 Cent And Fans React To Virgil Designs Of Pop Smoke's Posthumous Album / Janet Jackson Performs In Saudi Concert After Nicki Minaj Pulled Out / Eminem Reacts After Nicki Minaj Publicly Admit To Dating Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Future, 50 Cent And More To Perform In Saudi Arabia After Nicki Minaj by fedrick901(m): 1:54am On Jul 19, 2019
Over a week after Nicki Minaj pulled out of a music festival in Saudi Arabia, Future, 50 Cent and more have been added to the lineup.

On Wednesday (July 17), organizers for the Jeddah World Fest in Saudia Arabia posted flyers for the updated line-up for the concert, which goes down today. In addition to Hendrix and Fif, Chris Brown, Tyga and even Janet Jackson are also set to perform.

Artists who've chosen to perform in Saudi Arabia have faced criticism because of reports of alleged human rights violations the government has facilitated in the past. Nicki Minaj is one such artist.
Upon the announcement of her headlining set at Jeddah World Fest, the New York rapper immediately faced criticism. The Human Rights Foundation based in her home state issued an open letter to Minaj, in which they asked the Queen spitta to pull out of the show. The foundation educated her on the purported blatant civil rights violations and unfair treatment of the LGBTQ+ community by the country's "absolute monarchy." Afterward, she confirmed that she will no longer headline the show.

“After careful reflection I have decided to no longer move forward with my scheduled concert at Jeddah World Fest," the Young Money rapper told the Associated Press on July 9. "While I want nothing more than to bring my show to fans in Saudi Arabia, after better educating myself on the issues, I believe it is important for me to make clear my support for the rights of women, the LGBTQ community and freedom of expression."

As of this report, all the announced artists will still perform at the festival. Check out the festival's announcement instagram posts below.
https://www.instagram.com/jeddahworldfest/

24hrs
“We did this show in Atlanta on Ty [Dolla $ign]’s tour. We were all on the tour bus and it was a bunch of people I didn’t meet. Ty’s tour bus was like the fuckin’ Source Awards. But everybody was on there—Trouble, Migos, everybody. I’m going to introduce myself to everybody and everybody would be like, ‘Come on, dog, we know who you are. When we workin’? What we doin’?’ That was crazy, but I brought Jermaine [Dupri] out. I brought Hoodrich Pablo Juan out and he did a song; I brought [Lil] Scrappy out and he did 'Head Bussa.' And then I closed my set with Jermaine and he did 'Welcome to Atlanta' in Atlanta and the whole crowd went crazy. Like, no one really brings JD out to do that, so I’m thinking that’s Jay-Z level. That’s crazy. Do we have footage? I need that.”

However, Future recently grated an interview and talks about his relationship, His Biggest Regret + Spoiling His Woman. watch video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6t6Xb_e_Azk
According to porumba.com, Future net worth is estimated. $30 million

(1) (Reply)

Female Nigerian Twitter User Claims Voice Of BBN "Biggie" Sexually Assaulted Her / BBN Contestants Mercy And Tasha Are Known Old Prostitutes Say Ushbebe (see) / Nollywood Yoruba Actress Princess Allwell Ademola Celebrates Her 36th Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.