Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,207 members, 7,829,318 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Obaseki To Oshiomhole: Won’t Allow Edo Become A Pawn In Your Political Chess Gam - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki To Oshiomhole: Won’t Allow Edo Become A Pawn In Your Political Chess Gam (381 Views)

Obaseki Makes U-Turn, Gives Kudos To Oshiomhole For Making Him Governor (Photo) / Political Chess That Brought Chimaroke Back To Relevance After 8yrs Of Oblivion / Coalition To Oshiomhole: 'Resign Now Or Be Forced Out You PDP Mole' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Obaseki To Oshiomhole: Won’t Allow Edo Become A Pawn In Your Political Chess Gam by chibuadanne: 10:48am On Jul 19, 2019
The Governor of Edo State, Godwin Obaseki has said as long as he remains governor of the state, he would not allow the state “to be a pawn in anybody’s political chess game.”

Obaseki, in the statement directed at Adams Oshiomhole, his predecessor and National chairman of the All Progressives Party, APC, said the former governor was using “people to fight him and remove him from office.”

The governor who said but for his patience in the 2019 election, Edo would have been in the same situation like Zamfara, added that he would fight back forces trying to “pocket Edo state.”

Obaseki, while speaking to newsmen in the state, further knocked Oshiomhole for creating “disruption at home” and allowing “outsiders to take over.”

Recall that the crisis rocking the Edo State House of Assembly skyrocketed after the lower chamber of the National Assembly ordered the Inspector General of Police (IGP) and the Director-General of the Department of State Services (DSS) to seal off the state complex.

The green chamber ordered that the complex remained shut until a ‘proper inauguration’ was done.

Obaseki said, “If your children are fighting and you cannot settle them, then what authority do you have to be a father?

“Even If I was the worst governor in Nigeria, but I’m the only governor for my party in the whole of south-south and south-east.

“Even if I was a mad man, would you or whoever it is at the top, not protect and cover me? Are you the one that will now begin to create disruption at home? No matter how serious our problems are, would you tell outsiders to come and take over your home?

“Do you want me as your governor to keep quiet and allow all these happen? Should I not fight back? You should not be afraid. Because this can only provide good for Edo State.

https://thewhistler.ng/obaseki-to-oshiomhole-i-wont-allow-edo-become-a-pawn-in-your-political-chess-game-video/
Re: Obaseki To Oshiomhole: Won’t Allow Edo Become A Pawn In Your Political Chess Gam by 9jahotblog: 12:06pm On Jul 19, 2019
Godfatherism: Gov Obaseki vs Chairman Oshiomole Something is cooking in Edo honestly.
Watch
Credit : maiyegun diary politico

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePKAQN3Bt_w

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Saraki, Akume, Akpabio, 40 Others Make Buhari’s Ministerial List / Nigeria Sues South African Police Over Assault On BBA Star, Tayo Faniran / A'ibom : Ikpatt Threatens To Show Gov's Aide Hell In Uyo(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.