Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,905 members, 7,817,681 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

I Will Provide Efficient Rail And Waterways Transportation - Sanwo-olu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Provide Efficient Rail And Waterways Transportation - Sanwo-olu (7493 Views)

Militant Group Suspected Of Okuama Killing Begs For Waterways Security Contract / Kaduna Secure $6 Million Loan For Light Rail And BRT Projects / Lagos Light Rail And The Problem Of Accountability - Businessday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Provide Efficient Rail And Waterways Transportation - Sanwo-olu by AutoJoshNIG: 12:13pm On Jul 19, 2019

Yesterday, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, the Lagos State governor, promised to provide Lagosians with alternatives to road transportation.

He also said that these alternatives would be made to be efficient and safe for Lagosians and those who choose to visit the state.

In a statement at the 4th Lagos Traffic Radio Lecture Series, Sanwo-Olu said the government has identified the need for intermodal transport to resolve gridlock, adding that that was why the blue line was initiated and BRT lanes constructed.

He also identified the need for intermodal transport to resolve gridlock, adding that that was why the blue line was initiated and BRT lanes constructed.

He noted that the water transport sector is grossly underutilised in terms of harnessing its economic potential.

According to him, “the current traffic situation indicates that 95 per cent of transportation is done by road in our state of over 22 million people, with about 25 per cent of the landmass consisting of waterways.”

Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu was represented by Deputy Governor Obafemi Hamzat, at the event with the theme: ‘Lagos beyond road: the intermodal transport option’.

The event had in attendance, the Minister for Roads, Housing and Power, Babatunde Fashola, former, Speaker, Lagos State House Of Assembly and National Inland Waterways Authority (NIWA) Managing Director, Senator Olorunnimbe Mamora, etc.

Source:

https://autojosh.com/i-will-provide-efficient-rail-and-waterways-transportation-as-alternative-to-road-transport/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Will Provide Efficient Rail And Waterways Transportation - Sanwo-olu by kernniejay(m): 12:27pm On Jul 19, 2019
Sanwo-Olu wants to recoup the money spent during his electioneering campaign, reason for the outrageous fines for traffic offences in Lagos. Sanwo-Olu means "pay Olu's money". He should better create alternative channels of transport before enforcing his obnoxious traffic rules.

4 Likes

Re: I Will Provide Efficient Rail And Waterways Transportation - Sanwo-olu by theenchanter: 12:37pm On Jul 19, 2019
kernniejay:
Sanwo-Olu wants to recoup the money spent during his electioneering campaign, reason for the outrageous fines for traffic offences in Lagos. Sanwo-Olu means "pay Olu's money". He should better create alternative channels of transport before enforcing his obnoxious traffic rules.
i like that lagos traffic rule, nobody is above it, not even d lastma. Lagos is filled with rogue drivers and need something/someone to format their system to an organized way of doing things.

It has nothing to do with d trash u put up there....

16 Likes

Re: I Will Provide Efficient Rail And Waterways Transportation - Sanwo-olu by Sirpaul(m): 12:39pm On Jul 19, 2019
If only Tinubu won't stop you.......

1 Like

Re: I Will Provide Efficient Rail And Waterways Transportation - Sanwo-olu by id911(m): 12:39pm On Jul 19, 2019
Hope you've not joined the 'I will', 'We will', gang in Aso Rock?
I wish you the best sha
Re: I Will Provide Efficient Rail And Waterways Transportation - Sanwo-olu by mknigeriagreat: 12:40pm On Jul 19, 2019
Easy baba o with all these promises.

Click on my profile or signature for a shinning machine that is sparkling.

1 Like

Re: I Will Provide Efficient Rail And Waterways Transportation - Sanwo-olu by Amehdgreat01(m): 12:41pm On Jul 19, 2019
Can you just start doing it and not announce it before you start?
You are not campeign again
For now
We don't need "I will"
We need "I am doing"
We don't need promise now, we need the action

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Provide Efficient Rail And Waterways Transportation - Sanwo-olu by Klington: 12:41pm On Jul 19, 2019
Something he will deny after 4yrs shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: I Will Provide Efficient Rail And Waterways Transportation - Sanwo-olu by decco1878: 12:41pm On Jul 19, 2019
AutoJoshNIG:

Yesterday, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, the Lagos State governor, promised to provide Lagosians with alternatives to road transportation.

He also said that these alternatives would be made to be efficient and safe for Lagosians and those who choose to visit the state.

In a statement at the 4th Lagos Traffic Radio Lecture Series, Sanwo-Olu said the government has identified the need for intermodal transport to resolve gridlock, adding that that was why the blue line was initiated and BRT lanes constructed.

He also identified the need for intermodal transport to resolve gridlock, adding that that was why the blue line was initiated and BRT lanes constructed.

He noted that the water transport sector is grossly underutilised in terms of harnessing its economic potential.

According to him, “the current traffic situation indicates that 95 per cent of transportation is done by road in our state of over 22 million people, with about 25 per cent of the landmass consisting of waterways.”

Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu was represented by Deputy Governor Obafemi Hamzat, at the event with the theme: ‘Lagos beyond road: the intermodal transport option’.

The event had in attendance, the Minister for Roads, Housing and Power, Babatunde Fashola, former, Speaker, Lagos State House Of Assembly and National Inland Waterways Authority (NIWA) Managing Director, Senator Olorunnimbe Mamora, etc.

Source:

https://autojosh.com/i-will-provide-efficient-rail-and-waterways-transportation-as-alternative-to-road-transport/

Re: I Will Provide Efficient Rail And Waterways Transportation - Sanwo-olu by QUALITYX100022: 12:41pm On Jul 19, 2019

Re: I Will Provide Efficient Rail And Waterways Transportation - Sanwo-olu by sammchuck1: 12:41pm On Jul 19, 2019
Initial gra gra
Re: I Will Provide Efficient Rail And Waterways Transportation - Sanwo-olu by Bizibi(m): 12:43pm On Jul 19, 2019
That is how they start!!! Who would have thought that oshiomole will own an airline via proxy abroad.I just pray the rumour is not true.....they will make you clap for them in the beginning then they start showing their true colours later
Re: I Will Provide Efficient Rail And Waterways Transportation - Sanwo-olu by kolakolex: 12:43pm On Jul 19, 2019
Nice one
Re: I Will Provide Efficient Rail And Waterways Transportation - Sanwo-olu by tstx(m): 12:44pm On Jul 19, 2019
That's how promised us steady light before 2010

Re: I Will Provide Efficient Rail And Waterways Transportation - Sanwo-olu by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jul 19, 2019
Just fix that damn badagry road. Fvck trains and waterway transport.
Re: I Will Provide Efficient Rail And Waterways Transportation - Sanwo-olu by DameB(f): 12:44pm On Jul 19, 2019
Just do, and let's see that you have done...
Re: I Will Provide Efficient Rail And Waterways Transportation - Sanwo-olu by olumalcolm(m): 12:44pm On Jul 19, 2019
kernniejay:
I doubt u read what was written up there and thats very poor of u. sad

1 Like

Re: I Will Provide Efficient Rail And Waterways Transportation - Sanwo-olu by OmoOshodi(m): 12:45pm On Jul 19, 2019
grin
After 3yrs of nothing to show
Channels Tv
Sanwo-Olu :"I never said anything like rail transport and water ways....."

Blame it on oba Akiolu

Anytime I see this man smiling picture... Wetin Ambode talk about him dey always come to my head.

How can this stop Pls help

Re: I Will Provide Efficient Rail And Waterways Transportation - Sanwo-olu by diportivo: 12:45pm On Jul 19, 2019
repair potholes first
Re: I Will Provide Efficient Rail And Waterways Transportation - Sanwo-olu by Lexusgs430: 12:46pm On Jul 19, 2019
He would say, he never said it again...... Deliver and let's see..... Enough of verbal executions..........
Re: I Will Provide Efficient Rail And Waterways Transportation - Sanwo-olu by ejemamaka: 12:46pm On Jul 19, 2019
Re: I Will Provide Efficient Rail And Waterways Transportation - Sanwo-olu by kernniejay(m): 12:46pm On Jul 19, 2019
olumalcolm:
I doubt u read what was written up there and thats very poor of u. sad
I doubt you have wisdom to understand what I wrote too and i also doubt your comprehension ability.

1 Like

Re: I Will Provide Efficient Rail And Waterways Transportation - Sanwo-olu by Goldenheart(m): 12:46pm On Jul 19, 2019
Yo ride on... grin/
Re: I Will Provide Efficient Rail And Waterways Transportation - Sanwo-olu by ajayiopy: 12:49pm On Jul 19, 2019
AutoJoshNIG:

Source:

BABA YOU TOO DEY RUN YOUR MOUTH LIKE TAP
Re: I Will Provide Efficient Rail And Waterways Transportation - Sanwo-olu by Karemarealty288(m): 12:49pm On Jul 19, 2019
"I will, I will...when will you start implementing the " I wills" Ambode set high jump for you infrastructurally.I hope you can scale through. Your 4yrs is counting.... Our Addo/Ajah pothole is frustrating.

Re: I Will Provide Efficient Rail And Waterways Transportation - Sanwo-olu by kernniejay(m): 12:51pm On Jul 19, 2019
theenchanter:
i like that lagos traffic rule, nobody is above it, not even d lastma. Lagos is filled with rogue drivers and need something/someone to format their system to an organized way of doing things.

It has nothing to do with d trash u put up there....
You will understand it is no trash until someone in your family is accosted by a Lastma official and given a ticket of N100,000 to pay for a negligible traffic error. I am sure you dont have a bicycle let alone a bike, not to mention a rickety car so no need to say you will be caught.

1 Like

Re: I Will Provide Efficient Rail And Waterways Transportation - Sanwo-olu by SendAbroad: 12:52pm On Jul 19, 2019
Okay
Re: I Will Provide Efficient Rail And Waterways Transportation - Sanwo-olu by easyfem(m): 12:55pm On Jul 19, 2019
Fasola started already but I still don't understand y ambode didn't touch that train line
Re: I Will Provide Efficient Rail And Waterways Transportation - Sanwo-olu by olumalcolm(m): 1:00pm On Jul 19, 2019
kernniejay:

I doubt you have wisdom to understand what I wrote too and i also doubt your comprehension ability.
go and read what was written again. If u r saying he shuld provide alternatives to road transport before imposing high tariffs on traffic offenders, den u neva understood the message in the write up.
Re: I Will Provide Efficient Rail And Waterways Transportation - Sanwo-olu by olumalcolm(m): 1:01pm On Jul 19, 2019
kernniejay:

You will understand it is no trash until someone in your family is accosted by a Lastma official and given a ticket of N100,000 to pay for a negligible traffic error. I am sure you dont have a bicycle let alone a bike, not to mention a rickety car so no need to say you will be caught.
if you cannot obey simple traffic rules, pack ur load and go back to ur villa just like the herdsmen were told. dumbass angry
Re: I Will Provide Efficient Rail And Waterways Transportation - Sanwo-olu by Teejayphillip(m): 1:04pm On Jul 19, 2019
Next month now Sanwo Olu go deny say em no talk grin grin

Nah so e talk say em go end the Wahala for Apapa road,later baba deny am...

Naija and propaganda politicians

(1) (2) (Reply)

Viral Video How Nnamdi Kanu Fought Kenyan Police At The Airport Before His Kidna / Immigration Fails To Submit Annual Financial Statements Since 2012 / Crowd At IBB Presidential Declaration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.