Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

De Ligt Denies Ronaldo Influenced €75m Juventus Move - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / De Ligt Denies Ronaldo Influenced €75m Juventus Move (377 Views)

Luis Suarez Edges Closer To Juventus Move / Juventus Signs Matthijs De Ligt For €75m Until 2024 / Chelsea Confirm Sarri Departure And Juventus Move (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

De Ligt Denies Ronaldo Influenced €75m Juventus Move by olayinkaboss11(m): 6:48pm On Jul 19, 2019
The Dutch defender has completed a big-money switch to the Serie A champions, but insists a Portuguese superstar played no part in his decision
Matthijs de Ligt insists his €75 million (£68m/$84m) move to Juventus was driven by personal ambition, with Cristiano Ronaldo having no influence on his decision to head for
Italy .
After seeing his future become the subject of much speculation over recent months, the Netherlands international has finally brought a long-running saga to a close .
The reigning Serie A champions have won the race for his signature, with a highly-rated 19-year-old opting to take on a new challenge in Turin after heading for the exits at Ajax.
Barcelona and Manchester United were among those said to be providing competition to the Bianconeri in a protracted transfer chase, but they were ultimately left empty-handed.
It had been suggested that a chat with Portuguese superstar Ronaldo after the UEFA Nations League final in June helped to sway De Ligt’s thinking, but he insists that is not the case.
“After the Nations League final I was already sure that I wanted to join Juventus, but it was still a big compliment to have Cristiano ask me to join here but it didn't make the difference,” De Ligt told reporters at his first press conference as a Juve player.
“I came here because Italy is one of the most traditional countries for defenders. Juventus is a great forwards step for me.
“I spoke to [Maurizio] Sarri on the phone before coming just to get to know each other. He was one of the reasons that I wanted to join here, I've heard a lot of good things about him and I like his footballing philosophy and how he prepares his defence.
“The photo of me in a Juventus shirt was taken when I was about six or seven, at that time Fabio Cannavaro was a defender that I admired. I always had a good feeling about Juventus and I've always been a fan.”

Source:https://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/de-ligt-denies-ronaldo-influenced-75m-juventus-move/ju6chvp42t911m655crmlhgvi

Re: De Ligt Denies Ronaldo Influenced €75m Juventus Move by olayinkaboss11(m): 6:48pm On Jul 19, 2019
Ronaldo fanboy will be disappointed with Dr ligt

Like for Messi and share for Ronaldo
cc lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: De Ligt Denies Ronaldo Influenced €75m Juventus Move by Natoski5(m): 6:50pm On Jul 19, 2019
Best news so far, I was highly motivated cheesy

2 Likes

Re: De Ligt Denies Ronaldo Influenced €75m Juventus Move by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jul 19, 2019
Ronaldo's fanboys must avoid this thread or else

(1) (Reply)

FIFA The Best- Voting Guide / Pls Which Decoder Will Be The Best To Display Match In My Betting Shop / Transfer: Why I Couldn’t Resist Arsenal, David Luiz Opens Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.