Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,538 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Chidozie Ojobor, A first Class graduate of UNN, makes waves At the global scene - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Chidozie Ojobor, A first Class graduate of UNN, makes waves At the global scene (32913 Views)

Back Of UNN Female Hostel Building, Enugu Campus (Disturbing Photos) / ESUT Female Student Who Hawks ‘Okpa’ In School Makes Waves (Photo) / Poor State Of UNN Boys' Hostel (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chidozie Ojobor, A first Class graduate of UNN, makes waves At the global scene by anonimi: 10:00am On Jul 20, 2019
calculator123:
@bolded, what's the difference between all what you wrote and infrastructure?
The word infrastructure is all encompassing.

mrvitalis:

I said infrastructure

What I pointed out was the maintenance part of the infrastructure as opposed to the infrastructure itself.
It is to encourage us to also focus on this important aspect- maintenance- which is even more essential for a poor country like Nigeria.
Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Chidozie Ojobor, A first Class graduate of UNN, makes waves At the global scene by Mires: 10:00am On Jul 20, 2019
calculator123:

Why the laughter?
His comment hasn't been tested and proven yet.
Thus it's an hypothesis

Bro it's a thesis and not hypothesis judging by my earlier comment that I have passed through UNN and UI. UI is ranked the best in Nigeria due to research output by faculty members. When it gets to infrastructural maintenance, it is far 100 times better than UNN. But when it comes to quality of teaching given to undergraduate students, Ui is far below when compared to UNN.

From my experience, UNN students are subjected to hard life style while I might be wrong to say undergraduate students at Ui are pampered.

1 Like

Re: Chidozie Ojobor, A first Class graduate of UNN, makes waves At the global scene by Daewang: 10:01am On Jul 20, 2019
Igbo Amaka.
Re: Chidozie Ojobor, A first Class graduate of UNN, makes waves At the global scene by ebuka10box(m): 10:07am On Jul 20, 2019
Amuluonyenaego:

What of one bed room
I have got 200k, 250and 350 and above
Re: Chidozie Ojobor, A first Class graduate of UNN, makes waves At the global scene by bonnyhope: 10:09am On Jul 20, 2019
VisibleDreamz:

I actually meant distinction and pass, not exactly as in conventional undergraduate grading. Sorry for confusing you. smiley

tnx
Re: Chidozie Ojobor, A first Class graduate of UNN, makes waves At the global scene by ebuka10box(m): 10:12am On Jul 20, 2019
ReeLoaDead:
u no de shame? At least give a shout out to the person first, u just de advertise your business ... undecided
My broda I no dey shame cuz u no go help me if I ask u for assistance.
Re: Chidozie Ojobor, A first Class graduate of UNN, makes waves At the global scene by HANSEEL(m): 10:12am On Jul 20, 2019
ok
Re: Chidozie Ojobor, A first Class graduate of UNN, makes waves At the global scene by calculator123(m): 10:14am On Jul 20, 2019
anonimi:

What I pointed out was the maintenance part of the infrastructure as opposed to the infrastructure itself.
It is to encourage us to also focus on this important aspect- maintenance- which is even more essential for a poor country like Nigeria.
Cheers.
Okay, I get your drift. Next time don't leave your readers hanging. Just hit the nail on the head in few words.

2 Likes

Re: Chidozie Ojobor, A first Class graduate of UNN, makes waves At the global scene by calculator123(m): 10:16am On Jul 20, 2019
Mires:

Bro it's a thesis and not hypothesis judging by my earlier comment that I have passed through UNN and UI. UI is ranked the best in Nigeria due to research output by faculty members. When it gets to infrastructural maintenance, it is far 100 times better than UNN. But when it comes to quality of teaching given to undergraduate students, Ui is far below when compared to UNN.

From my experience, UNN students are subjected to hard life style while I might be wrong to say undergraduate students at Ui are pampered.
The subjectivity of his comment makes it an hypothesis.
A results must be generally agreed to. To one, UNN is better, to another, UI is better.
Re: Chidozie Ojobor, A first Class graduate of UNN, makes waves At the global scene by Mires: 10:38am On Jul 20, 2019
calculator123:

The subjectivity of his comment makes it an hypothesis.
A results must be generally agreed to. To one, UNN is better, to another, UI is better.

Bro, since I have passed through both institutions for my BSc, MSc and PhD, can't I analyzed objectively the systems I have passed through? Of a truth, if undergraduate students at UNN are treated the same way their counterparts are treated at UI (The First and the Best), believe me, majority of the students will graduate with First Class and Second Class Upper Division.

I personally don't want to mention my department at Ui, otherwise I would have shocked you that Ui graduates with 2.1 from the same department hardly make PhD grade at MSc whereas you see 2.1 products from ABU, UNN, and even OOU scaling the hurdle in the same department. In all shall, give it to UI given that it is the frontier in research in Nigeria. Ui to me is more of a sane society when compared to UNN. I went through UNN and for once, I was never issued transcript before graduation to keep track of my progress. But it is the other way round at Ui where undergraduate students are issued their transcript beginning of every semester. That alone, deserves kudos. At UNN, academics are waiting to celebrate students failure.

3 Likes

Re: Chidozie Ojobor, A first Class graduate of UNN, makes waves At the global scene by obynno7(m): 10:40am On Jul 20, 2019
well-done my nsukka brother
Re: Chidozie Ojobor, A first Class graduate of UNN, makes waves At the global scene by lastmessenger: 10:47am On Jul 20, 2019
The most important thing is that he is igbo
Re: Chidozie Ojobor, A first Class graduate of UNN, makes waves At the global scene by calculator123(m): 10:48am On Jul 20, 2019
Mires:

Bro, since I have passed through both institutions for my BSc, MSc and PhD, can't I analyzed objectively the systems I have passed through? Of a truth, if undergraduate students at UNN are treated the same way their counterparts are treated at UI (The First and the Best), believe me, majority of the students will graduate with First Class and Second Class Upper Division.

I personally don't want to mention my department at Ui, otherwise I would have shocked you that Ui graduates with 2.1 from the same department hardly make PhD grade at MSc whereas you see 2.1 products from ABU, UNN, and even OOU scaling the hurdle in the same department. In all shall, give it to UI given that it is the frontier in research in Nigeria. Ui to me is more of a sane society when compared to UNN. I went through UNN and for once, I was never issued transcript before graduation to keep track of my progress. But it is the other way round at Ui where undergraduate students are issued their transcript beginning of every semester. That alone, deserves kudos. At UNN, academics are waiting to celebrate students failure.
Glad to know I am conversing with a Ph.D holder. I give you kudos.
The major reason I said his comment is an hypothesis is that it's subjective. I am not disputing your ability to make objective inferences, but if another person passes through same institutions like you did, do you think they will come to the same conclusion?
In science, an hypothesis must be proven and the result generally accepted.
Thus, the subjectivity of his claim makes it an hypothesis since there is a no general acceptance if it.

1 Like

Re: Chidozie Ojobor, A first Class graduate of UNN, makes waves At the global scene by Okoroawusa: 11:40am On Jul 20, 2019
PatrickOkunima:

There's no First Class in Masters.
I don laugh tire!
Re: Chidozie Ojobor, A first Class graduate of UNN, makes waves At the global scene by Lilimax(f): 11:42am On Jul 20, 2019
For eight years, no Microbiology student of University of Nigeria Nsukka(UNN) could emerge with First Class Honours, until 2012, when Ojobor Chidozie came, saw the situation and conquered it, emerging the best graduating is his department with first class. He went head in his Master’s Degree to clinch 5.0 CGP. But Chidozie, now a lecturer at the UNN, was not a typical book worm. He socialized, participated in campus politics and was an executive in his fellowship. How did he achieve this feat? In this interview* with JOSEPH DINWOKE of BROJID.COM, he shares his secrets.

Read on…

Tell us a bit about your sojourn on campus. How was the sojourn?

It was not an easy ride; but it was memorable and quite experiential.

There are times when students in a bid to study hard, dissociate themselves from other people so much that their lives are all about reading and they know nothing about other things. What do you think about this?

I think stereotype is not a good thing. Not even in this get age; this age of civility. But you understand that what is obtainable now is that when it’s time to socialize, students do it effectively. When it comes to football matches, they do it effectively. They do every other thing right but academics.

Stereotype is not a good thing but when you learn how to things at the right time, you won’t be steroyped.

This is the problem. Some students attend fellowship when they are supposed to be reading; that’s wrong! I’m a Christian but that’s wrong. You should your allot time well and that basically settles every other thing. When you allot your time well, you don’t have to be a triangular student. I was not a triangular student. I am even among those that organized my departmental picnic in final year.

When I was an undergraduate, I was a departmental union president, an executive in my fellowship; yet by God’s grace, I still came out the best graduating student in my department after about eight years of no one getting a first class.

So, these things are very obtainable but they have to do with your ability to allot your

1 Like

Re: Chidozie Ojobor, A first Class graduate of UNN, makes waves At the global scene by Mires: 11:46am On Jul 20, 2019
calculator123:

Glad to know I am conversing with a Ph.D holder. I give you kudos.
The major reason I said his comment is an hypothesis is that it's subjective. I am not disputing your ability to make objective inferences, but if another person passes through same institutions like you did, do you think they will come to the same conclusion?
In science, an hypothesis must be proven and the result generally accepted.
Thus, the subjectivity of his claim makes it an hypothesis since there is a no general acceptance if it.

Well, I am not disputing your submission. If you look at mine objectively, you will see it is a balanced analysis. Like you said, most people will always say their mama soup is the sweetest even when it has sour taste. I have a good friend and younger colleague who by God's grace will be rounding up his PhD at UI next year, having earlier obtained his MSc from UI with PhD grade. He keeps saying that the worst thing that happened to his life was to have passed through UNN where he was awarded 2.2 when he's far better than a lot of people who had 2.1 in his MSc class.

Bro, UNN believe me is known for what I termed unnecessary stress. At times, I wonder whether all the gragra is because the school wants her products to behave like lions. Lol. Give and take, I prefer UI for a number of reasons. Please, don't ask me why.

2 Likes

Re: Chidozie Ojobor, A first Class graduate of UNN, makes waves At the global scene by VisibleDreamz: 12:14pm On Jul 20, 2019
Lilimax:
For eight years, no Microbiology student of University of Nigeria Nsukka(UNN) could emerge with First Class Honours, until 2012, when Ojobor Chidozie came, saw the situation and conquered it, emerging the best graduating is his department with first class. He went head in his Master’s Degree to clinch 5.0 CGP. But Chidozie, now a lecturer at the UNN, was not a typical book worm. He socialized, participated in campus politics and was an executive in his fellowship. How did he achieve this feat? In this interview* with JOSEPH DINWOKE of BROJID.COM, he shares his secrets.

Read on…

Tell us a bit about your sojourn on campus. How was the sojourn?

It was not an easy ride; but it was memorable and quite experiential.

There are times when students in a bid to study hard, dissociate themselves from other people so much that their lives are all about reading and they know nothing about other things. What do you think about this?

I think stereotype is not a good thing. Not even in this get age; this age of civility. But you understand that what is obtainable now is that when it’s time to socialize, students do it effectively. When it comes to football matches, they do it effectively. They do every other thing right but academics.

Stereotype is not a good thing but when you learn how to things at the right time, you won’t be steroyped.

This is the problem. Some students attend fellowship when they are supposed to be reading; that’s wrong! I’m a Christian but that’s wrong. You should your allot time well and that basically settles every other thing. When you allot your time well, you don’t have to be a triangular student. I was not a triangular student. I am even among those that organized my departmental picnic in final year.

When I was an undergraduate, I was a departmental union president, an executive in my fellowship; yet by God’s grace, I still came out the best graduating student in my department after about eight years of no one getting a first class.

So, these things are very obtainable but they have to do with your ability to allot your

He graduated in 2011, not 2012 as you stated.
Re: Chidozie Ojobor, A first Class graduate of UNN, makes waves At the global scene by selemempe: 1:04pm On Jul 20, 2019
PatrickOkunima:

There's no First Class in Masters.
no distinction? I'm sure u knw wat i meant
Re: Chidozie Ojobor, A first Class graduate of UNN, makes waves At the global scene by ReeLoaDead(m): 2:20pm On Jul 20, 2019
ebuka10box:
My broda I no dey shame cuz u no go help me if I ask u for assistance.
”assistance” is 4 beggars cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chidozie Ojobor, A first Class graduate of UNN, makes waves At the global scene by calculator123(m): 2:29pm On Jul 20, 2019
Mires:

Well, I am not disputing your submission. If you look at mine objectively, you will see it is a balanced analysis. Like you said, most people will always say their mama soup is the sweetest even when it has sour taste. I have a good friend and younger colleague who by God's grace will be rounding up his PhD at UI next year, having earlier obtained his MSc from UI with PhD grade. He keeps saying that the worst thing that happened to his life was to have passed through UNN where he was awarded 2.2 when he's far better than a lot of people who had 2.1 in his MSc class.

Bro, UNN believe me is known for what I termed unnecessary stress. At times, I wonder whether all the gragra is because the school wants her products to behave like lions. Lol. Give and take, I prefer UI for a number of reasons. Please, don't ask me why.
Ba wahala!
I respect your choice �. For the records, I am not a graduate of any of the institution.

1 Like

Re: Chidozie Ojobor, A first Class graduate of UNN, makes waves At the global scene by oluwafemibenji: 8:40am On Jul 22, 2019
Chidozie Ojobor has been a brilliant student tight from his primary school days to secondary school.

He was overall best student in Lagos State when he wrote his WAEC. This guy is so nice, God fearing and fear God. He stayed away from early sex, when others are doing it, he distance his self from it. The guy started with humble beginning. But his determination brought him up. All thanks to the best mother who gave it all to her children after she lost her husband many years ago

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ogun: Classrooms In Agbado Comprehensive High School Collapse After Heavy Rain / Enugu State University (ESUT) in pictures / Final Year LASU Student Killed In An Accident Caused By Stray Cow.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.