Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,776 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:43 PM

Tribute Night For Funke Olakunrin, Daughter Of Afenifere Leader (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribute Night For Funke Olakunrin, Daughter Of Afenifere Leader (Photos) (20276 Views)

Crowd March For Funke Akindele As She Declares Her Political Ambition / Funke Olakunrin: Herdsmen React To The Killing Of Afenifere Leader's Daughter / Funke Olakunrin: Atiku Reacts To Death Of Afenifere Chairman Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tribute Night For Funke Olakunrin, Daughter Of Afenifere Leader (Photos) by RockHard2: 5:48am On Jul 20, 2019
Friday, July 19, 2019

By Taiwo Okanlawon

The burial rites for late Mrs. Funke Olakunrin, the daughter of Chairman of Pan Yoruba socio-political group, Afenifere, Pa Reuben Fasoranti, are underway today with a commendation and night of tributes in her honour at Harbour Point, Wilmot Road, Ahmadu Bello Way, Victoria Island, Lagos.

Olakunrin was shot and killed by masked gunmen in a kidnap attempt, between Kajola and Ore along Ondo-Ore Road on Friday, when she was travelling to Lagos.

The second daughter of Afenifere leader was 58.

6:30 PM
Family, loyal friends and relatives as well as political bigwigs are at the commendation service of Mrs Funke Olakunrin.

Mr Olakunrin at the commendation service held for his late wife, Mrs Olufunke Olakunri in Lagos. Photo By Ayodele Efunla

Daughters of the deceased at the event. Photo By Ayodele Efunla

Family of the deceased at the event. Photo By Ayodele Efunla

6: 35 PM
The guests at the event include National Leader Of the ruling party, All Progressives Congress, Bola Ahmed Tinubu, former Governor Of Ogun State, Otunba Gbenga Daniel, The Speaker Of House of Representatives, Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila.

Cross section of the guests at the event

Cross-section of the guests at the event

L-R Otunba Gbenga Daniel, Asiwaju Ahmed Bola Tinubu at the event. Photo By Ayodele Efunla

6:37pm: National Leader Of the ruling party, All Progressives Congress, Bola Ahmed Tinubu, while delivering his speech described late Olakunrin as an exceptional woman whom he shared ideas with from time to time ranging from politics to family matters.

Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu while paying tribute to the late Mrs Olufunke Olakunrin – Photo By Ayodele Efunla

Tinubu also said the attackers of the deceased were wrong thinking they killed her, adding that her spirit is still alive.

Tinubu prays that God will be with the family she left behind.

Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and Femi Fani-Kayode exchanging plesantries at the commendation service held for the late Mrs Olufunke Olakunrin in Lagos. Photo By Ayodele Efunla

Speaker, House of Representatives, Mr Femi Gbajabiamila(middle) at the event. Photo By Ayodele Efunla

6:50pm – The Speaker Of House of Representatives, Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila exchanging pleasantries with other guests before leaving the venue of the event.

The Speaker Of House of Representatives, Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila and Femi Fani Kayode

The Speaker Of House of Representatives, Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila and Chief Ayo Adebanjo

The Speaker Of House of Representatives, Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila. and Otunba Gbenga Daniel

The Speaker Of House of Representatives, Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila leaving the venue of the event.

7:10pm: Former Governor Of Ogun State, Otunba Gbenga Daniel, Chief Ayo Adebanjo and Former Minister of Aviation, Femi Fani Kayode departing the venue of the event.

7:25pm – Late Funke Olakunrin’s colleagues while in Lagos State University, LASU paying their last respect to the deceased.

Late Funke Olakunrin’s colleagues

7:50pm – The commendation and night of tributes in her of the deceased has been brought to an end sign friends and family departing the venue.

Friends of the Late Mrs Olufunke Olakunrin gathered to pay their last respect, in Lagos

Friends of the Late Mrs Olufunke Olakunrin gathered to pay their last respect, in Lagos

A mourner at the commendation service held for the late Mrs Olakunrin in Lagos

Guests departing the venue.

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2019/07/19/liveupdates-tribute-night-for-funke-olakunrin-daughter-of-afenifere-leader/
Re: Tribute Night For Funke Olakunrin, Daughter Of Afenifere Leader (Photos) by BIAFRONIGERIAN(m): 11:14am On Jul 20, 2019
RIP
Nigerians brace up,we have 3yrs 10 months and 13days to go.
#Nextlevel#

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribute Night For Funke Olakunrin, Daughter Of Afenifere Leader (Photos) by Ladygenny: 11:16am On Jul 20, 2019
May her soul rest in peace AMEN
Re: Tribute Night For Funke Olakunrin, Daughter Of Afenifere Leader (Photos) by Edu3Again: 11:17am On Jul 20, 2019
Its a pity it took the death of this lady to wake up our Yoruba neighbors !

Igbos and Yorubas you have two choices

1) Igbos & Yorubas work together and defeat this Fulani menace together
2) Igbos & Yorubas work separately and are defeated by Fulani menace together

Choose one, I recommend No1

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tribute Night For Funke Olakunrin, Daughter Of Afenifere Leader (Photos) by celeb4reallife(f): 11:17am On Jul 20, 2019
Rest on
Re: Tribute Night For Funke Olakunrin, Daughter Of Afenifere Leader (Photos) by willexyaho(m): 11:19am On Jul 20, 2019
Rip
Re: Tribute Night For Funke Olakunrin, Daughter Of Afenifere Leader (Photos) by 9jaBloke: 11:20am On Jul 20, 2019
The crying dude sad
Re: Tribute Night For Funke Olakunrin, Daughter Of Afenifere Leader (Photos) by NwaJozi: 11:23am On Jul 20, 2019
RIP Nigeria failed You
Re: Tribute Night For Funke Olakunrin, Daughter Of Afenifere Leader (Photos) by kittykollinxx(m): 11:25am On Jul 20, 2019
Her death reminded me of that song titled “sotay”
Re: Tribute Night For Funke Olakunrin, Daughter Of Afenifere Leader (Photos) by tydi(m): 11:26am On Jul 20, 2019
angry

I think I will start begging money on nairaland just like the bros been quoted above.
I don't even know how those people do that shit.
Re: Tribute Night For Funke Olakunrin, Daughter Of Afenifere Leader (Photos) by myrates: 11:33am On Jul 20, 2019
RIP Mrs Olakunrin
Re: Tribute Night For Funke Olakunrin, Daughter Of Afenifere Leader (Photos) by SeekingHelp56: 11:36am On Jul 20, 2019
mmadu5:

anybody wey give you 1 naira is a big fool and will die poor so will you .

Harsh but why though?
Re: Tribute Night For Funke Olakunrin, Daughter Of Afenifere Leader (Photos) by lollybizzu(m): 11:36am On Jul 20, 2019
[quote author=tydi post=80452233] angry

I think I will start begging money on nairaland just like the bros been quoted above.
I don't even know how those people do that shit. [/quote

That's what some people call courage grin
Re: Tribute Night For Funke Olakunrin, Daughter Of Afenifere Leader (Photos) by SeekingHelp56: 11:36am On Jul 20, 2019
chrischukszy01:

U day mad?

No, am quite sane just hubgry
Re: Tribute Night For Funke Olakunrin, Daughter Of Afenifere Leader (Photos) by mmadu5(m): 11:48am On Jul 20, 2019
SeekingHelp56:

Harsh but why though?

your idiot thunder fire you .
Re: Tribute Night For Funke Olakunrin, Daughter Of Afenifere Leader (Photos) by Omotaday(m): 11:50am On Jul 20, 2019
Rehrh
Re: Tribute Night For Funke Olakunrin, Daughter Of Afenifere Leader (Photos) by Nobody: 11:53am On Jul 20, 2019
Edu3Again:

But the yorubas have told you that there is no problem with the Fulanis. They have told the herdsmen not to leave the region. They claim they are on top of the situation. They have decided to dwell in denial.

Leave them alone.

The people of Nigeria delta, south East and middle belt will work together....

1 Like

Re: Tribute Night For Funke Olakunrin, Daughter Of Afenifere Leader (Photos) by eddieguru(m): 12:10pm On Jul 20, 2019
Edu3Again:

if only they would listen

1 Like

Re: Tribute Night For Funke Olakunrin, Daughter Of Afenifere Leader (Photos) by Dshocker(m): 12:19pm On Jul 20, 2019
The family shouldn't have let Tinubu be there
Re: Tribute Night For Funke Olakunrin, Daughter Of Afenifere Leader (Photos) by Generalyemi(m): 12:43pm On Jul 20, 2019
k.

knowledge is not power.
power is power.

the yorubas are the most educated (as claimed) in this zoo, but the way they worship the non educated fulanis is a wonder to me

1 Like

Re: Tribute Night For Funke Olakunrin, Daughter Of Afenifere Leader (Photos) by Lanre4uonly(m): 1:10pm On Jul 20, 2019
This is sad.
My thoughts and prayers are with the Fasorantis/Olakunrins and all other families who have lost their loved ones to this security challenges facing our dear country.
Re: Tribute Night For Funke Olakunrin, Daughter Of Afenifere Leader (Photos) by Toonice(m): 1:31pm On Jul 20, 2019
Where is aketi?
Re: Tribute Night For Funke Olakunrin, Daughter Of Afenifere Leader (Photos) by StoneLucifer: 2:20pm On Jul 20, 2019
Na wa o..So this woman was just killed like that by Fulanis and i can see the guests all gathered smiling and showing off their gorgeous attires. Chai!!!! Nigeria is the global capital of hypocrisy..

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Appoints Nuhu Ribadu As Chairman Petroleum Revenue Task Force / List Of Top Cases Abandoned By EFCC / Work Begins On $50m Modular Refinery In Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.