Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,752 members, 7,809,884 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:36 PM

Can A Professional Boxer Beat A Street Thug? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Can A Professional Boxer Beat A Street Thug? (1091 Views)

Video: Professional Boxer Runs After Hearing His Opponent Is A Nigerian / Former Red Devil’s Star Rio Ferdinand Set To Become Professional Boxer / Check: Heartbreaking Reason Rio Ferdinand Wants To Become A Professional Boxer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Professional Boxer Beat A Street Thug? by BizLifeE: 6:24am On Jul 20, 2019
Is it possible for a skilled boxer to lose a street fight against an untrained fighter?

Mickey Walker, one of the greatest Middleweights ever, got his ass handed to him by the local Butcher in an Apartment building landing. I think some of the newspapers at the time ran cartoons about it. I think he bothered the man’s wife.

There are guys out there who have unnatural brute strength and can take tremendous punishment. Couple that with the proper motivation (like the boxer spits in their 3 yr old daughters face) and adrenaline, and you have a situation where an untrained man may kill a boxer. Street fights are no joke.

A boxer will have an edge in a lot of confrontations, but it does not guarantee victory. Best not to bother people for no reason. Be humble, never mean, and gentle. You have no idea what is going on in another mans life. Leave people alone.

Source: https://www.quora.com/Is-it-possible-for-a-skilled-boxer-to-lose-a-street-fight-against-an-untrained-fighter

Perfect Money/Payeer/Epay/Neteller/Skrill: ItuGlobal
Re: Can A Professional Boxer Beat A Street Thug? by CosmicPhoenix: 7:14am On Jul 20, 2019
in a boxing ring?YES
in a street fight?maybe
Re: Can A Professional Boxer Beat A Street Thug? by ituglobal(m): 1:51pm On Jul 20, 2019
CosmicPhoenix:
in a boxing ring?YES

in a street fight?maybe

Yes, logical answer.
Re: Can A Professional Boxer Beat A Street Thug? by lilbarracuda(m): 8:40pm On Jul 20, 2019
Different fighting styles. No rules. So it's every possible
Its like gidigbo against boxing
Re: Can A Professional Boxer Beat A Street Thug? by ibez007(m): 10:22pm On Jul 20, 2019
Actually, it depends.

In a boxing ring with rules?, Hell YES!.

On the street?! I DON'T THINK SO,because obviously no rules in street fights.
Re: Can A Professional Boxer Beat A Street Thug? by Nostradamus: 9:31am On Aug 26, 2019
lilbarracuda:
Different fighting styles.
No rules.
So it's every possible

Its like gidigbo against boxing
a trained boxer against an unskilled fighter in a streetlight8)

If the boxer is healthy, I expect him to beat the streetthug(it has happened severally in real life).but the boxer also has to be careful so a friend of the thug don't creep up to him and stab him with a knife while he's busy dealing with his opponent.

About gidigbo and boxing,the boxer will lick the gidigbo man like tomtom...

Gidigbo is not a defined fighting style. No techniques involved.i still prefer judo(even judo sef is also trash,it's only useful at the Olympics)

(1) (Reply)

Lewandowski Leads Ranking Of Most Goals In 2019/20 , No Messi In Top 5 / Messi: “It hurts my soul, but... this chapter has been closed.” / See The Serie A Club That Have 12 Players Aged 31 And Above (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.