Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,701 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

It’s Tough To Convince Nigerians That Disc Jockeys Can Sing – DJ Ecool - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / It’s Tough To Convince Nigerians That Disc Jockeys Can Sing – DJ Ecool (367 Views)

Baby Shower Of DJ Ecool And Joyce (Pictures) / Davido Reacts To DJ Ecool N16 Million Diamond Encrusted Watch / Davido, His DJ, Ecool And Ladies In Swimsuit Strike A Pose (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It’s Tough To Convince Nigerians That Disc Jockeys Can Sing – DJ Ecool by GistmoreNG: 6:48am On Jul 20, 2019
Ebianga Inang Ikpeme, popularly known as DJ ECool, has said it is difficult for him to convince his fans who know him as a disc jockey that he is also a musician. Ikpeme, who recently released a new single – Personally, told Saturday Beats that the inspiration behind his new song came from the urge to explore the musical side of his talent.

He said, “The industry in Nigeria doesn’t respect DJs’ fees. I was thinking of the business side of the artistry, and that was why I decided to do my new single. It came from a bid to improve my brand since I am musically inclined. It is very hard to convince Nigerians that it is okay for a DJ to become an artiste . Actors sing, singers act; so why can’t DJs sing?

“Being a DJ is not a means to an end for me. I branded myself properly and that was how I was able to make money from it. In the early years of my career, there were not too many DJs in Atlanta, so the market was open for me. I had to withdraw from school because a lot of people required my service. I told my mother I wasn’t happy in school and that I found happiness in being a DJ. A year later, I started my art as a DJ.

“I started making money from it and my mother was shocked. I was accepted in Atlanta and I took advantage of it. I make more money now; I moved down to Nigeria because I needed another kind of challenge. I had to accept that I was an up-and-coming DJ when I moved back to Nigeria.”

Speaking about how he had been able to sustain his relationship despite being an entertainer, he described his ability to respect his girlfriend of seven years as the secret of his relationship.

“I have been in a relationship for four years now; my girlfriend gets uncomfortable sometimes, but I don’t disrespect her because she had been there (for me) before I became famous. Women come around but I try to draw the line. I try to communicate with her every time to conquer distance,” he told Saturday Beats.

See more; http://gistmore.com/its-tough-to-convince-nigerians-that-disc-jockeys-can-sing-dj-ecool

Re: It’s Tough To Convince Nigerians That Disc Jockeys Can Sing – DJ Ecool by GistmoreNG: 6:48am On Jul 20, 2019
wink
Re: It’s Tough To Convince Nigerians That Disc Jockeys Can Sing – DJ Ecool by Nbote(m): 6:59am On Jul 20, 2019
With what we have seen from Cuppy in Nigeria and Khalid in d America, we don't need further conviction... All U ppl do is shout like d speakers
Re: It’s Tough To Convince Nigerians That Disc Jockeys Can Sing – DJ Ecool by Kingpee2(m): 8:10am On Jul 20, 2019
Just stick to what you started with ,Nigerians don’t like people who tend to navigate from one road to another....Just continue with Wetin blow you ...
Re: It’s Tough To Convince Nigerians That Disc Jockeys Can Sing – DJ Ecool by cassbeat(m): 9:32am On Jul 20, 2019
Wow I never he was the one that sang that song. The song is dope...
Re: It’s Tough To Convince Nigerians That Disc Jockeys Can Sing – DJ Ecool by itspzpics(m): 11:52am On Jul 20, 2019
Can u sing

(1) (Reply)

I Met Adekunle Gold On Facebook Says Simi / Bobrisky Identifies As Transgender / Toyin Lawani Flaunts Her Bare Bum In Revealing Lingerie (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.