Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,413 members, 7,815,925 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

Online But Invisible - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Online But Invisible (1167 Views)

Help!!the Icons On My Desktop Are Invisible / Invisible Sites That Track Users / How To Make Ip Invisible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Online But Invisible by rowlandwhy: 5:19pm On May 11, 2007
Why does almost everybody like to by invisible when logged into Yahoo?
Is it not trickish?
Re: Online But Invisible by cuteass1(f): 6:32pm On May 11, 2007
No dear, in as much as you don't approve of it, its called choice of preference wink

You can't decide how or when people should be offline and online, its their piece of cake, and if you feel you have to get even, do the same.

And if you're angry with them, when/if they send you an instant message, don't reply . . atimes people just feel the urge to be left alone, you do understand that, don't you?? wink
Re: Online But Invisible by Amigoz(f): 11:30pm On Aug 31, 2007
@ Poster I agree with you, a lot of the people that do it are been trickish. My motto if you want to talk to me, show urself!!!

@ Cute-ass, I agree on your last point, probably some of them want to be left alone, if that be the case y invisible, y even log unto yahoo in the first place?? undecided

Still everyone to their own sha.  grin
Re: Online But Invisible by cuteass1(f): 11:39pm On Aug 31, 2007
@ amigoz

It could be that they want to be left alone, but maybe want to talk to a particular person . . thereby being offline, but at the same time able to chat with the particular person of their desire wink

So every other person thinks you're offline, except the person/people you're talking to!!
Re: Online But Invisible by McOmo(m): 6:41am On Sep 03, 2007
so I shd log in as visible to all so that I will instantly get IMs 4rm almost 100 friends ? Now thats ridiculous . .
Re: Online But Invisible by yimiton(f): 8:26am On Sep 03, 2007
Yes, cute-ass is very correct. Most times, I sign in invisible because I might just want to talk to a sister or a particular friend and could ignore anyother person that tries to IM me unless I just feel like acknowledging his or her presence.

Mc Omo, did you say 100 friends?, mine is not that bad, maybe 15 @ once, but I'd rather choose whom I'd like to talk to or not.
Re: Online But Invisible by cuteass1(f): 3:30pm On Sep 03, 2007
yimiton:

Yes, cute-ass is very correct. Most times, I sign in invisible because I might just want to talk to a sister or a particular friend and could ignore anyother person that tries to IM me unless I just feel like acknowledging his or her presence.

Mc Omo, did you say 100 friends?, mine is not that bad, maybe 15 @ once, but I'd rather choose whom I'd like to talk to or not.

wink

Its not every time you you feel like being kept company, or keeping someone else company . .I think its a choice everyone should be given the right to make. Not a necessity!

@Mc omo

Continue deluding yourself thinking you're that important and popular tongue
Re: Online But Invisible by abohrandy: 7:52pm On Sep 03, 2007
its a free world, isn't it?

do what pleases u as long as it won't hurt others.
Re: Online But Invisible by nazzyon(m): 2:56am On Sep 04, 2007
It is good if you always want to maintain your privacy.

IMs like MSN Messenger and others makes it much more convenient.

You may want to discuss biz and other things people do and may not want interruption.
Re: Online But Invisible by McOmo(m): 8:05pm On Sep 07, 2007
Cutey

but I honestly am that popular and u know it tongue cool
Re: Online But Invisible by bigrovar(m): 10:08am On Sep 08, 2007
what the heck i use a yahoo msger client that allows me to see every contact on my list whether "Invincible" or not, so has long has u are on my list, then i can see u unless u are truely offline.cus if u are not Gyache messenger would show me u are online but hiding, i see everybody, but if i go invincible, no body would see me , unless of cus u are using Gyache messenger
grin MUHAHAHA grin
Re: Online But Invisible by cuteass1(f): 11:57am On Sep 08, 2007
Mc Omo:

Cutey

but I honestly am that popular and u know it tongue cool

There are more delusional people in the world than i thought oo, and you my guy, you're deluded no. 1, dream on jare, no be your fault tongue tongue
Re: Online But Invisible by McOmo(m): 5:01am On Oct 25, 2007
e dey pain u undecided tongue cheesy
Re: Online But Invisible by Bawss1(m): 8:26am On Oct 25, 2007
@ bigrovar
What exactly did u say is the name of the software you use? Gyache? Did u download it off the net? Its got my curiousity up, and I'd like to know how to get that kind of messenger platform. Thanx
Re: Online But Invisible by nazzyon(m): 6:47am On Oct 27, 2007
There used to be a website that shows the people who are hiding as invisible and contacts who blocked you from noticing there presence or chattng with them.

But I seem to have forgotten because it is now goiing to a year since I have typed booble gum and cheese in my messenger. Even my contacts only see me online but I don't have time that no more.

If you contact me I would rather bore you.
Re: Online But Invisible by iice(f): 6:53am On Oct 27, 2007
Please its a free world and if e make you vex, just ignore the pesin shioooo
Re: Online But Invisible by folahann(m): 12:42am On Oct 28, 2007
It's only neccesary when discussing something important and that's the the only reason you logged on
Re: Online But Invisible by theboy0808(m): 2:00am On Oct 28, 2007
Some people are online just to talk to one person, so it wouldn't do it for them if everyone that has them on their friends list to know that they online, thereby resulting to disturbance
Re: Online But Invisible by ojesymsym: 4:11pm On Mar 13, 2008
I have Gyache on my Ubuntu rite now, but it does n't see those who are offline. Or do I have to set it for it to work.

(1) (Reply)

Almost New Hp Laptop 4 Sale / Fastecash Paypal / Toshiba Satellite C660-14h 4 Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.