Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,596 members, 7,820,140 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

Buhari Condemns Sokoto Killings, Plans New Security Measures - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Condemns Sokoto Killings, Plans New Security Measures (21458 Views)

Find Bello Turji Dead Or Alive - MURIC Identifies Man Behind Sokoto Killings / President Buhari Approves New Security Measures For S/East, S/South / Operation Àmọ̀tẹ́kùn In Southwest: Vans And Motorcycles Of New Security Outfit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Condemns Sokoto Killings, Plans New Security Measures by JosEast(m): 10:31pm On Jul 20, 2019
President Muhammadu Buhari has condemned the killing of 37 persons by bandits in Goronyo Local Government Area of Sokoto State.

Commiserating with the victims of the attacks, the government and people of Sokoto State, the President vowed to respond fiercely against “these brutal and remorseless enemies of humanity.”

“This frequent and large scale killings of poor villagers by gangs of mass murderers must be met with the fiercest force the government can mobilise,” Garba Shehu, the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media & Publicity, quoted the President as saying. He announced that troops had been deployed to the affected areas and aerial security measures put in place.

“The Police commissioner as well as the Sultan of Sokoto, His Eminence, Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar III, has since visited the affected local government area, Goronyo. “The Presidency is consulting with states racked by this tit-for-tat violent attacks with a view to complementing the security measures being put in place by getting the communities to dialogue with one another. “The results we are getting from Zamfara State where this sort of engagement is ongoing at the instance of the local authorities working with the police and other security agencies are very encouraging.

“Other states in the federation where there are similar security challenges are encouraged to emulate Zamfara in the hope that the solution to the problems will be found,” he said. He said the Buhari Administration will continue to encourage dialogue and disarmament of communities and bandits, but will not tolerate any situation where the spirit of ceasefire is made a mockery of by continued violence against innocent people.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/buhari-condemns-sokoto-killings-plans-new-security-measures.html

Re: Buhari Condemns Sokoto Killings, Plans New Security Measures by nzeobi(m): 10:35pm On Jul 20, 2019
why has northern Nigeria turned into an abbatoir, their governors should still invest in education and building human capacity.

I doubt the criminals in the south can frequently go on this type of killing spree.

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Condemns Sokoto Killings, Plans New Security Measures by weyreypey: 10:35pm On Jul 20, 2019
It's a friendly game... Charity begins at home

If you know the numbers of foreigners Sokoto State has imported into Nigeria and legalized them as Sokoto State indigenes you'll be amazed....

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Condemns Sokoto Killings, Plans New Security Measures by healthserve(m): 10:39pm On Jul 20, 2019
Condemn SW killings first hypocrite. Even so, your condemnation amounts to nothing, horrible clueless entity

99 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Condemns Sokoto Killings, Plans New Security Measures by AntiBalaka: 10:41pm On Jul 20, 2019
NE on fire from BH lunatics

NC on fire from Fulani herdsmen

NW burning as a result of Bandits from both within and from across the Sahel

SW about to get rugalized by BH, fulani herdsmen, bandits and foreign invaders.

All these agents of hades are all Buhari's allies whom he deployed in 2015 prior to the elections in case he lost so that they can unleash anarchy.

Now he has forgotten them and they've resorted to self help through jihad.

God bless the 5% region

God bless the Better South.

149 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Buhari Condemns Sokoto Killings, Plans New Security Measures by baliyubla: 10:43pm On Jul 20, 2019
Buhari Ubanka!

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Condemns Sokoto Killings, Plans New Security Measures by healthserve(m): 10:49pm On Jul 20, 2019
AntiBalaka:
NE on fire from BH lunatics

NC on fire from Fulani herdsmen

NW burning as a result of Bandits from both within and from across the Sahel

SW about to get rugalized by BH, fulani herdsmen, bandits and foreign invaders.

All these agents of hades are all Buhari's allies whom he deployed in 2015 prior to the elections in case he lost so that they can unleash anarchy.

Now he has forgotten them and they've resorted to self help through jihad.

God bless the 5% region

God bless the Better South.

I agree. Deployed in case he lost. Very accurate spot on. Yet some persons want to die for a murderer. I got an Intel from a source this guy stationed some brutal forces to invade and mass kill if their rigging was unsuccessful. They went very far in this preparation co-championed by B.A.T and middle east. I hope their supporters are enjoying his performance sha

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Condemns Sokoto Killings, Plans New Security Measures by EricBloodAxe: 10:51pm On Jul 20, 2019
Islamic fundamentalism and a certain tribe's penchant to uphold it's barbaric culture and way of life will destroy the north.

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Condemns Sokoto Killings, Plans New Security Measures by Ojiofor: 10:53pm On Jul 20, 2019
Bad luck dey follow Buhari everywhere.

16 Likes

Re: Buhari Condemns Sokoto Killings, Plans New Security Measures by doctokwus: 10:55pm On Jul 20, 2019
Jokers.
Buhari is the beginning and most probably end of Nigeria's problems.
Getting him out of power is the only way to start getting a solution.
Anyone that still hasn't come to this realisation is a joker.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Condemns Sokoto Killings, Plans New Security Measures by Lovelive: 10:58pm On Jul 20, 2019
Shey he (Buhahrhy) shey he can plan? Shey he knows how to do something meaningful and concrete or commendable ? Even talk [to his people (Nigerians) he not fit but while out of the country [abroad ] you go hear am bragging,." cow:ard "

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Condemns Sokoto Killings, Plans New Security Measures by greatdreamer(m): 11:11pm On Jul 20, 2019
I just resumed from ban. I won't write what I wrote before the moderator banned me. How ever the truth must be told Buhari is a disaster come rain come shine

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Condemns Sokoto Killings, Plans New Security Measures by Lawalatm: 4:23am On Jul 21, 2019
All they do is make empty promises...... Karma is real undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Buhari Condemns Sokoto Killings, Plans New Security Measures by Nobody: 4:34am On Jul 21, 2019
healthserve:

I agree. Deployed in case he lost. Very accurate spot on. Yet some persons want to die for a murderer. I got an Intel from a source this guy stationed some brutal forces to invade and mass kill if their rigging was unsuccessful. They went very far in this preparation co-championed by B.A.T and middle east. I hope their supporters are enjoying his performance sha

Never knew that there are people who knows what is happening.

They have spiralled out of control and he and his team couldn't contain them again.
Exactly how boko haram became very powerful after tasting money and weapons.
Now they have many names, bandits, kidnappers, herdsmen etc.

I'm hoping that this will open the eyes of northerners to see fulanis and Buhari as who they are; greedy expansionist that can do anything to take over your identity in a bid to control you.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Condemns Sokoto Killings, Plans New Security Measures by 1shortblackboy: 4:55am On Jul 21, 2019
If he changes d constitution and decides to run for a third term theyll still vote for him. Rewarding failure

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Condemns Sokoto Killings, Plans New Security Measures by healthserve(m): 7:10am On Jul 21, 2019
sassysure:

Never knew that there are people who knows what is happening.

They have spiralled out of control and he and his team couldn't contain them again.
Exactly how boko haram became very powerful after tasting money and weapons.
Now they have many names, bandits, kidnappers, herdsmen etc.

I'm hoping that this will open the eyes of northerners to see fulanis and Buhari as who they are; greedy expansionist that can do anything to take over your identity in a bid to control you.

wink Person dey sabi

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Condemns Sokoto Killings, Plans New Security Measures by FarahAideed: 7:14am On Jul 21, 2019
Still planning after 5 years. ? This man is a certified failure believe me

23 Likes

Re: Buhari Condemns Sokoto Killings, Plans New Security Measures by BigIyanga: 7:26am On Jul 21, 2019
Evans and his gang terrorizing Sokoto??
Cc: Tinubu and GMB

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Condemns Sokoto Killings, Plans New Security Measures by JohnFrankling(m): 7:32am On Jul 21, 2019
Mr condemn.
Re: Buhari Condemns Sokoto Killings, Plans New Security Measures by Criticaltemp: 7:35am On Jul 21, 2019
Always planning

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Condemns Sokoto Killings, Plans New Security Measures by NoBetterNigeria: 7:35am On Jul 21, 2019
He's to dull for my likening. As a former military man, Buhari should've know what measures to take before getting out of hand. Shows he didn't pass all his military exams, he succeeded by the slang 'let my people go'

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Condemns Sokoto Killings, Plans New Security Measures by nototribalist: 7:37am On Jul 21, 2019
He's been condemning everything like condemn oil since 2016.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Condemns Sokoto Killings, Plans New Security Measures by mrvitalis(m): 7:37am On Jul 21, 2019
Plan after 4 years

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Condemns Sokoto Killings, Plans New Security Measures by Thatibizaboy: 7:38am On Jul 21, 2019
He better do
Re: Buhari Condemns Sokoto Killings, Plans New Security Measures by chrisluci: 7:39am On Jul 21, 2019
Who else noticed that Buhari is always reacting...

1 Like

Re: Buhari Condemns Sokoto Killings, Plans New Security Measures by googlelove: 7:42am On Jul 21, 2019
chrisluci:
Who else noticed that Buhari is always reacting...
the Nigerian government is never proactive. The best they do is react to tragedies across the country via press briefing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Condemns Sokoto Killings, Plans New Security Measures by overall90: 7:43am On Jul 21, 2019
its going to get worse.
they have not even started spending their 100 billion

1 Like

Re: Buhari Condemns Sokoto Killings, Plans New Security Measures by Successmind(m): 7:43am On Jul 21, 2019
Continue planning inside Air-condition..... while innocent people are slaughtered on the street...

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ugwuanyi's Telephone Line Hacked By Fraudsters / Governorship Election: INEC Releases Press Statement / Buhari Leaves For India Tuesday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.