Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

This Fuse Cut In My 1999camry Engine - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / This Fuse Cut In My 1999camry Engine (1467 Views)

Cut And Join Danfo Spotted In Lagos (pic/vid) / Abs Malfunction. I Just Removed The Fuse From The Fusebox. Who Abs Epp ? No Time / When Your Battery Fuse Is Blown: Symptoms And Fixes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Fuse Cut In My 1999camry Engine by badoh(m): 7:37am On Jul 21, 2019
Good Morning,
Please I was washing my car and I decided to check the Engine. Immediately I discovered this wire linked to a fuse has cut and melted. I started the car and it started normally. What purpose does the fuse serve and is it risky taking the car out to church this morning.
Please I need urgent answer.

Re: This Fuse Cut In My 1999camry Engine by homeboy205: 7:44am On Jul 21, 2019
Remove the socket from the plug and find an office pin, pop out that green rubber left at the tip you should be able to join the wire somehow
Re: This Fuse Cut In My 1999camry Engine by Teeders(m): 7:47am On Jul 21, 2019
Cc gazzuzz
Re: This Fuse Cut In My 1999camry Engine by Lexusgs430: 7:50am On Jul 21, 2019
badoh:
Good Morning,
Please I was washing my car and I decided to check the Engine. Immediately I discovered this wire linked to a fuse has cut and melted. I started the car and it started normally. What purpose does the fuse serve and is it risky taking the car out to church this morning.

Your guiding Holy Spirit that has been looking after you, would still look after you..... Just buy a capacitor sensor kit and change it ..........
Re: This Fuse Cut In My 1999camry Engine by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:48am On Jul 21, 2019
badoh:
Good Morning,

It's a ceramic capacitor, not a fuse, it's job is to filter interference that might be caused by high voltage from the ignition coils. Ensure the wire is insulated and take it to an electrician to fix.

Re: This Fuse Cut In My 1999camry Engine by autologic: 9:54am On Jul 21, 2019
badoh:
Good Morning,
Your ignition coil during operation produces unwanted ac components signal technically refered to as "noise" and the essence of that capacitor is to removed those noise as to prevent those noise causing intereference or signal jamming with devices that operates at high frequency like knock sensor and radios , Hence their is possibility of occasionally "pinging" or "knocking sound " due to intereferences with knock sensor signal,however you can still take the car to church but ensure the naked end of the wire is not touching the engine body ,.insulate it properly .
Re: This Fuse Cut In My 1999camry Engine by ayodele2012(m): 12:29pm On Jul 21, 2019
Pls house my Chevrolet Malibu 2008 mark when changing gear.what might be the caused.the house should guide me.though av changed 2 out of the 3 engine sit.
Re: This Fuse Cut In My 1999camry Engine by Lexusgs430: 12:40pm On Jul 21, 2019
ayodele2012:
Pls house my Chevrolet Malibu 2008 mark when changing gear.what might be the caused.the house should guide me.though av changed 2 out of the 3 engine sit.

What does 'mark' mean?.....

Still an incomplete question..........
Re: This Fuse Cut In My 1999camry Engine by kingreign(m): 1:02pm On Jul 21, 2019
Lexusgs430:

What does 'mark' mean?.....

Chevy Malibu MAXX hatchback.
Re: This Fuse Cut In My 1999camry Engine by Lexusgs430: 1:11pm On Jul 21, 2019
kingreign:

Chevy Malibu MAXX hatchback.

Still an incomplete question.......
Re: This Fuse Cut In My 1999camry Engine by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:24pm On Jul 21, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Still an incomplete question.......

I'm still looking for the question too cheesy
Re: This Fuse Cut In My 1999camry Engine by AutoMoTech(m): 9:58pm On Jul 21, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

I'm still looking for the question too cheesy
Shidren of the world.
Re: This Fuse Cut In My 1999camry Engine by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:04pm On Jul 21, 2019
AutoMoTech:

Shidren of the world.

child of heaven, what is the queshon?
Re: This Fuse Cut In My 1999camry Engine by AutoMoTech(m): 10:49pm On Jul 21, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

child of heaven, what is the queshon?
May the Loooor forgif all ur sinz o
Hehehehe
Is like the qweshun is that the motor is shanken when is change jear grin

(1) (Reply)

How To Paint Your Car With A Paint Sprayer / Another Car Emptied By Part Thieves (video) / Toyota Camry Gear Not Working After Oil Change

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.