Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,124 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:39 AM

This Nonsense Must Stop – Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Nonsense Must Stop – Jonathan (1122 Views)

Breaking: Court Urged To Stop Jonathan From Running / 2015: NOTHING Can Stop Jonathan – Fayose / Court Refuses To Stop Jonathan’s Impeachment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Nonsense Must Stop – Jonathan by Beaf: 10:17pm On Oct 13, 2010
[size=14pt]MEND’s Threat: This Nonsense Must Stop – Jonathan[/size]
Tuesday, 12 October 2010 23:58 Iyobosa Uwugiaren And Golu Timothy

Abuja   .President Goodluck Jonathan has reiterated his promise that the Federal Government would no longer allow some criminal-minded persons to hide underneath the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) to perpetrate heinous crimes.

The president, who spoke last night through his spokesman, Mr. Ima Niboro on his arrival from Sokoto and Zamfara states, said his trip to the two states was successful in spite of the MEND's threat.

"The president just returned from Zamfara and Sokoto states.  It was successful and incident-free, in spite of the bomb threats by MEND," Mr. Niboro stated in a statement last night,"But these threats bring to focus the president's position that no one must hide underneath MEND to perpetrate evil.  This is even more so since the MEND known to Nigerians has willingly renounced violence.

"So which MEND was this? The Zamfara variant? This nonsense must stop, and this is precisely the president's position."

Meanwhile, the president has commended the Sultan of Sokoto Alhaji Sa'ad Abubakar for his exemplary leadership and contributions to peace in Nigeria.

Speaking yesterday during a courtesy call on the Sultan, as part of his official visit to Sokoto and Zamfara states, the president noted that the Sultan's contributions are exemplary and that he has been acknowledged worldwide as a man of peace.

President Jonathan assured the Sultan that his administration is committed to taking Nigeria to greater heights so that, by its centennial celebrations, Nigerians will have a country all can be proud of.

"We are determined to give the required leadership.  This is our only country, we have no other one; so we must reposition it to attain great heights," he said.

He commiserated with the Sultan over the floods which ravaged sections of Sokoto and Kebbi states, and said that the Federal Government has given and will continue to give major assistance to alleviate the situation.

In his remarks, Sultan Abubakar commended the president for successfully steering the ship of state so far. He stated that, as a religious and traditional ruler, he is committed to doing what is right, and would not deviate from the path.

The Sultan later presented the president a white horse as a royal gift on behalf of himself and the sultanate.

Earlier, the president was conferred with the traditional title of "Santuraki Talata Mafara", by the Emir of Talata Mafara, Zamfara State, Muhammadu Bello Barmo. The president was honoured just before he commissioned the 132/33 KVA transmission substation located in the community.

At the commissioning, President Jonathan praised the efforts of the local contractor, noting that government is committed to encouraging local contractors.

He disclosed that, from the next fiscal year, the Federal Government would set aside a percentage of contracts dedicated to local contractors. "This the only way we can improve capacity and grow our economy," he said.

http://www.leadershipeditors.com/ns/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=17285:mends-threat-this-nonsense-must-stop--jonathan&catid=51:cover-stories&Itemid=101
Re: This Nonsense Must Stop – Jonathan by Mobinga: 10:49pm On Oct 13, 2010
cry
Re: This Nonsense Must Stop – Jonathan by Nobody: 11:25pm On Oct 13, 2010
Ok!

I think G I Joe needs to talk less or better still quit talking altogether.
Is he trying to become MEND's spokes person by force? na wa ooo.

Dude, just relax mein!
Re: This Nonsense Must Stop – Jonathan by Beaf: 11:31pm On Oct 13, 2010
OMO IBO:

Ok!

I think G I Joe needs to talk less or better still quit talking altogether.
Is he trying to become MEND's spokes person by force? na wa ooo.

Dude, just relax mein!

So, there is a bomb threat in Zamfara and your advice is that the President should keep quiet? shocked
I really don't get you point.
Re: This Nonsense Must Stop – Jonathan by Nobody: 11:35pm On Oct 13, 2010
Beaf:

Tuesday, 12 October 2010 23:58 Iyobosa Uwugiaren And Golu Timothy

Abuja   .President Goodluck Jonathan has reiterated his promise that the Federal Government would no longer allow some criminal-minded persons to hide underneath the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) to perpetrate heinous crimes.

The president, who spoke last night through his spokesman, Mr. Ima Niboro on his arrival from Sokoto and Zamfara states, said his trip to the two states was successful in spite of the MEND's threat.

"The president just returned from Zamfara and Sokoto states.  It was successful and incident-free, in spite of the bomb threats by MEND," Mr. Niboro stated in a statement last night,"But these threats bring to focus the president's position that no one must hide underneath MEND to perpetrate evil.  This is even more so since the MEND known to Nigerians has willingly renounced violence.

"So which MEND was this? The Zamfara variant? This nonsense must stop, and this is precisely the president's position."

Meanwhile, the president has commended the Sultan of Sokoto Alhaji Sa'ad Abubakar for his exemplary leadership and contributions to peace in Nigeria.

Speaking yesterday during a courtesy call on the Sultan, as part of his official visit to Sokoto and Zamfara states, [size=18pt]the president noted that the Sultan's contributions are exemplary and that he has been acknowledged worldwide as a man of peace.[/size]

President Jonathan assured the Sultan that his administration is committed to taking Nigeria to greater heights so that, by its centennial celebrations, Nigerians will have a country all can be proud of.

"We are determined to give the required leadership.  This is our only country, we have no other one; so we must reposition it to attain great heights," he said.

He commiserated with the Sultan over the floods which ravaged sections of Sokoto and Kebbi states, and said that the Federal Government has given and will continue to give major assistance to alleviate the situation.

In his remarks, Sultan Abubakar commended the president for successfully steering the ship of state so far. He stated that, as a religious and traditional ruler, he is committed to doing what is right, and would not deviate from the path.

The Sultan later presented the president a white horse as a royal gift on behalf of himself and the sultanate.

Earlier, the president was conferred with the traditional title of "Santuraki Talata Mafara", by the Emir of Talata Mafara, Zamfara State, Muhammadu Bello Barmo. The president was honoured just before he commissioned the 132/33 KVA transmission substation located in the community.

At the commissioning, President Jonathan praised the efforts of the local contractor, noting that government is committed to encouraging local contractors.

He disclosed that, from the next fiscal year, the Federal Government would set aside a percentage of contracts dedicated to local contractors. "This the only way we can improve capacity and grow our economy," he said.

http://www.leadershipeditors.com/ns/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=17285:mends-threat-this-nonsense-must-stop--jonathan&catid=51:cover-stories&Itemid=101

Somebody remind me, when did this ever take place? grin
Re: This Nonsense Must Stop – Jonathan by Nobody: 11:51pm On Oct 13, 2010
Beaf:

So, there is a bomb threat in Zamfara and your advice is that the President should keep quiet? shocked
I really don't get you point.
C'mon now,
Dude has been doing a whole lot of talking.
His continuous shielding of MEND is unbecoming. . . .Even an unborn child knows he believes MEND has nothing to do with it.

He can at least let the security operatives get on with the business of finding who is behind the attrocities rather than point them in the direction of a certain group or person(s)
Re: This Nonsense Must Stop – Jonathan by excanny: 12:06am On Oct 14, 2010
What happened to Jomo Gbomo, the official spokesman for MEND? Or is he the same person as Henry Okah? If the latter is true, that may explain his sudden silence.
Re: This Nonsense Must Stop – Jonathan by xterra2(m): 12:27am On Oct 14, 2010
IN fact, he should exnorate Boko Baram from the killing of Bauchi People grin
Re: This Nonsense Must Stop – Jonathan by xterra2(m): 12:29am On Oct 14, 2010

So shut your mouth Sir,and make it stop , cheesy wink
Re: This Nonsense Must Stop – Jonathan by IbroYaya: 12:47am On Oct 14, 2010
excanny:

What happened to Jomo Gbomo, the official spokesman for MEND? Or is he the same person as Henry Okah? If the latter is true, that may explain his sudden silence.

Thats very true! Why the sudden silence of Jomo Gbomo? He suppose to be speaking by now to clear the air.

I am beginning to suspect Okah well.
Re: This Nonsense Must Stop – Jonathan by Beaf: 12:55am On Oct 14, 2010
OMO IBO:

C'mon now,
Dude has been doing a whole lot of talking.
His continuous shielding of MEND is unbecoming. . . .Even an unborn child knows he believes MEND has nothing to do with it.

He can at least let the security operatives get on with the business of finding who is behind the attrocities rather than point them in the direction of a certain group or person(s)

Do you realise there was a bomb threat by a group claiming to be MEND in Zamfara state?
I don't see how condemning a bomb threat purportedly from MEND amounts to "continuous shielding of MEND."
Can you explain? If the man say's nothing, you guy's will be the first to jump up and scream that Zamfara people don't matter.
Re: This Nonsense Must Stop – Jonathan by Beaf: 1:04am On Oct 14, 2010
xterra2:

IN fact, he should exnorate Boko Baram from the killing of Bauchi People grin

Dude, you have more sense than this na. embarassed

If a group claiming to be Boko Haram were to go and set off bombs at the governornment house in Enugu. The President will be correct to call it terrorism by a group masquerading as Boko haram. Its simple really! cool
MEND has never operated outside of creeks and waterways, Boko Haram has never operated outside Muslim and Savanah areas. Simple as ABC.
Re: This Nonsense Must Stop – Jonathan by Nobody: 2:01am On Oct 14, 2010
Beaf:

If a group claiming to be Boko Haram were to go and set off bombs at the governornment house in Enugu. The President will be correct to call it terrorism by a group masquerading as Boko haram. Its simple really! cool
MEND has never operated outside of creeks and waterways, Boko Haram has never operated outside Muslim and Savanah areas. Simple as ABC.
Would it be wrong for one to say that as fly dey follow mess/poo poo, na so MEND follow Jonathan come Abuja? Just asking
Re: This Nonsense Must Stop – Jonathan by Beaf: 2:08am On Oct 14, 2010
jabbok:

Would it be wrong for one to say that as fly dey follow mess/poo poo, na so MEND follow Jonathan come Abuja? Just asking

Foolish post.
Re: This Nonsense Must Stop – Jonathan by Nobody: 2:41am On Oct 14, 2010
Beaf:

Foolish post.

But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

- Matthew 5:22
Re: This Nonsense Must Stop – Jonathan by Beaf: 2:58am On Oct 14, 2010
jabbok:

But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

- Matthew 5:22

First of all, I prove my case against you;

He that hideth hatred with lying lips, and he that uttereth a slander, is a fool.

- Proverbs 10:18

Having proven my case, I go for the jugular and offer caution and intensive advice;

How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?

- Proverbs 1:22

. . .More;

The lips of the righteous feed many, But fools die for want of wisdom.

- Proverbs 10:21; cf. 1:20-33

. . .More;

Why is there a price in the hand of a fool to buy wisdom, When he has no sense

- Proverbs 17:16.

. . .More;

The mind of the intelligent seeks knowledge, But the mouth of fools feeds on folly.

- Proverbs 15:14

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: This Nonsense Must Stop – Jonathan by Nobody: 3:16am On Oct 14, 2010
@ Beaf, if you are an adult, then u certainly had no childhood. I can buy you some toys if u let me know where u are
Re: This Nonsense Must Stop – Jonathan by Beaf: 3:48am On Oct 14, 2010
jabbok:

@ Beaf, if you are an adult, then u certainly had no childhood. I can buy you some toys if u let me know where u are

Maybe your constant dreaming about toys is what leads you to make foolish comments without fail? I mean, dude, you can at least make an attempt to think sometimes, can't you? It can't be that difficult.

Nobody likes braindead oneliners, if they aren't funny and they are all a guy seems to have. I'm sure there's a bright kid in you, let him out.
Re: This Nonsense Must Stop – Jonathan by Nobody: 9:07am On Oct 14, 2010
Beaf:

Maybe your constant dreaming about toys is what leads you to make foolish comments without fail? I mean, dude, you can at least make an attempt to think sometimes, can't you? It can't be that difficult.

Nobody likes braindead oneliners, if they aren't funny and they are all a guy seems to have. I'm sure there's a bright kid in you, let him out.
Anybody who dares to ask question about your GEJ is termed foolish and terrorist. You and your paymasters have indeed shown us how Nigerians will fare when Jonathan bulldozes his way back to Aso rock.
Re: This Nonsense Must Stop – Jonathan by Nobody: 9:14am On Oct 14, 2010
Beaf:

Do you realise there was a bomb threat by a group claiming to be MEND in Zamfara state?
I don't see how condemning a bomb threat purportedly from MEND amounts to "continuous shielding of MEND."
Can you explain? If the man say's nothing, you guy's will be the first to jump up and scream that Zamfara people don't matter.
Listen, I am on your side and I see where you are coming from.
GEJ should've kept his comment short and avoided pointing fingers.
We all know he supports MEND. There is no need to go over it again and again. . . . .it gets wordy, boring and maybe annoying.

Regarding his continuous shielding of MEND, c'mon now, you dont need me to pull out posts to prove that. or do you?

All i'm saying is GEJ needs to talk less. His views should be generic at best.
Let the security operatives do their jobs.
Re: This Nonsense Must Stop – Jonathan by globalaid(m): 10:37am On Oct 14, 2010
i think that is commendable. It is time we encourage our local contractors in order to grow our economy, on this i support you GEJ and you are on right track.
Re: This Nonsense Must Stop – Jonathan by Nobody: 10:40am On Oct 14, 2010
Beaf:

"The president just returned from Zamfara and Sokoto states.  It was successful and incident-free, in spite of the bomb threats by MEND," Mr. Niboro stated in a statement last night,"But these threats bring to focus the president's position that no one must hide underneath MEND to perpetrate evil.  This is even more so since the MEND known to Nigerians has willingly renounced violence.

One would have expected this statement to be coming from MEND themselves, not our almighty President!

What is he now? Their spokes-person    undecided

How about he shows as much solidarity for the people he's supposed to be leading instead of going on a campaign trail around the country with public funds defending a known terrorist group! Sheesh GEJ, you are slowly losing it!  tongue
Re: This Nonsense Must Stop – Jonathan by xterra2(m): 4:26pm On Oct 14, 2010
Beaf:

Yup i have more sense than this cool
Did you grin after my post?
And you know the meaning of the smiley right ?
Re: This Nonsense Must Stop – Jonathan by orangemen: 6:32pm On Oct 14, 2010
jonathan has made name for himself as the BOMB PRESIDENT
Re: This Nonsense Must Stop – Jonathan by Nobody: 6:39pm On Oct 14, 2010
Beaf:

this from the person who celebrated theri warri attack

is there any lie our minister of propaganda comical beaf will not hit us with

(1) (Reply)

Samsung - One South Korean Company - Generates More Money Than Nigeria. / Buhari: The Man Who Put Fela In Prison / Why The South-East Chose Goodluck Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.