Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,115 members, 7,818,327 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

3 Questions You Should Answer Before You Start Your Search For A Property - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 3 Questions You Should Answer Before You Start Your Search For A Property (171 Views)

11 Questions You Must Ask Before Renting In Lagos / Questions You Must Answer Before Buying Land In Lagos / 10 Ways To Own A Property In Nigeria With Little Or No Money Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

3 Questions You Should Answer Before You Start Your Search For A Property by wasina: 5:17am On Jul 22, 2019
Searching for a property is like looking for a husband or wife

There are too many properties out there, but how do you know the one that is meant for you?

You have got to ‘shine your eyes’ so you don’t end up with a property that does not meet your need

I have seen investors spend huge money to acquire properties only to find out that such properties don’t really meet up with what they had in mind

Most of the times, they are either compelled to ‘manage’ the property or abandon it and start looking for another one

Waste of resources!

That is why you have to know exactly what you want before you start your search and be able to clearly answer these 3 critical questions

Having clear answers to these questions will safe you unnecessary wastage of your time, money and other resources

The 3 questions which will be very valuable in helping you to get the best deals are:

1. What is the Purpose of The Property? : All properties don’t serve the same purpose and so you need to be clear about the purpose of the property you want
Your purpose will determine what you should consider and what you should never consider,

Some enquiries and inspections are not necessary if purpose is defined before you start searching

For instance, if I want a land for investment purpose, my considerations would be very different from another person who wants to buy and build immediately to inhabit.

Some of the common purposes of acquiring a land or a property include:
• Short Term Investment(Buy to Sell in 6 Months or a year)
• Long Term Investment(Buy a land to sell or use after a long while like 3-5 years or more)
• Buy & Build Land
• Commercial Land/Property
• Residential Land/Property
• Agriculture Land (Farming)
It’s important to define your purpose or what some people call investment objective before you start searching

And your ability to communicate the purpose to your agent is also critical so you don’t waste his her time and your own resources too
Click Here For Cheap Lands in Ibeju Lekki:[url][/url]https://choiceproperty.com.ng/locations/ibeju-lekki-lands/

2. What Is My Maximum Budget? : This is key and is closely related to the first question; the purpose of buying
I have seen people who don’t have up to 500k to invest call to make enquiry about Land in Magodo

There is nothing like open budget, knowing your budget range (the maximum and the minimum amount you have the power to do)

Making enquiry or inspecting a property that is obviously far from your budget is a waste of resources

Know your budget and be honest enough to communicate the budget to your Agent so he or she can be properly guided in the search

Where Is My Preferred Location? You have got to be decisive before you start searching for a property about your preferred location

There is really nothing like, ‘I want it anywhere’

Searching for a property anywhere in Lagos is not definite and can be frustrating

Lagos is a big place and you have to decide if you want it in Lagos Mainland or Island and the specific area
Get Cheap Land In Lagos Mainland : [url][/url]https://choiceproperty.com.ng/locations/simawa/

There are many factors that can also affect your preferred location and they include

Your Purpose of getting the land; for instance If you want a land for farming, you cannot search in an already developed area of the Lagos island

Your Budget may also decide Location

Proximity to Landmarks – Some people for either business or personal reasons want properties around some very popular places

Ability to have clear answers to the above questions will help to secure an ideal place faster without wasting effort and resources

Feel free to call us on 07065906024 for your choice properties both on the Lagos Mainland or Island
Re: 3 Questions You Should Answer Before You Start Your Search For A Property by wasina: 5:20am On Jul 22, 2019

(1) (Reply)

Opportunity To Sack Your Landlord And Be Your Own Landlord. / Do You know That With 570k You Can Get A Plot In Ibeju Lekki / Excellent Tiling Services 07030736892

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.