Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,730 members, 7,820,532 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

Ihedioha Begins Removal Of Okorocha’s Overhead Iron Bars And Trees In Owerri - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ihedioha Begins Removal Of Okorocha’s Overhead Iron Bars And Trees In Owerri (53628 Views)

Lagos Govt Begins Removal Of Illegal Structures In Computer Village / Caption This Photo Of Okorocha And President Buhari In Aso Rock / Ihedioha: I Didn’t Order Demolition Of Okorocha's Monument (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ihedioha Begins Removal Of Okorocha’s Overhead Iron Bars And Trees In Owerri by jayextra(m): 8:42am On Jul 23, 2019
Peacemaker5129:
After all they will blame Hausa and Yoruba for their backwardness

we are no match for y'all grin
"Backward and Unprogressive"

Shithole.

1 Like

Re: Ihedioha Begins Removal Of Okorocha’s Overhead Iron Bars And Trees In Owerri by henryobinna(m): 8:43am On Jul 23, 2019
jlinkd78:
Those iron bars were defacing d state not beautifying it. U need to visit Owerri to understand my position
I stay in Owerri.

Oga what you said is total b..ullshit...

they make the city look beautiful

2 Likes

Re: Ihedioha Begins Removal Of Okorocha’s Overhead Iron Bars And Trees In Owerri by Nobody: 8:44am On Jul 23, 2019
maka why, ? is this not a waste of resources?

1 Like

Re: Ihedioha Begins Removal Of Okorocha’s Overhead Iron Bars And Trees In Owerri by ezegold4we: 8:46am On Jul 23, 2019
Only apc e-rats will attack ihedioha for this great step,

The best thing that happened to imo people is having Emeka Ihedioha as their elected governor,

Please argue with okorocha and your keyboard.

2 Likes

Re: Ihedioha Begins Removal Of Okorocha’s Overhead Iron Bars And Trees In Owerri by Omo27: 8:46am On Jul 23, 2019
OdumegwuOjukwu:

Please stop advertising the lush green cities of South East for herdsman. Greens attract herdsmen.

1 Like

Re: Ihedioha Begins Removal Of Okorocha’s Overhead Iron Bars And Trees In Owerri by goaldynboy: 8:47am On Jul 23, 2019
I don't support Ihedioha on this!

Can't Imolites or even Okorocha sue him for waste of public resources?!!
Re: Ihedioha Begins Removal Of Okorocha’s Overhead Iron Bars And Trees In Owerri by Stillthebest: 8:48am On Jul 23, 2019
Instead of removing them can't he cover them with decorative leathers to beautify them the more?
Re: Ihedioha Begins Removal Of Okorocha’s Overhead Iron Bars And Trees In Owerri by ba7man(m): 8:49am On Jul 23, 2019
jlinkd78:
Those iron bars were defacing d state not beautifying it. U need to visit Owerri to understand my position
I visited Owerri and i loved the idea of the iron bars especially at night when lighting were lit on them.....it was beautiful.
Re: Ihedioha Begins Removal Of Okorocha’s Overhead Iron Bars And Trees In Owerri by zealadjay(m): 8:49am On Jul 23, 2019
OdumegwuOjukwu:

Please stop advertising the lush green cities of South East for herdsman. Greens attract herdsmen.

No just worri your self,
Cos dey no Sabi read. Na only radio F.M dem dey listen to..
Re: Ihedioha Begins Removal Of Okorocha’s Overhead Iron Bars And Trees In Owerri by West2019(m): 8:50am On Jul 23, 2019
D Governor is working

1 Like

Re: Ihedioha Begins Removal Of Okorocha’s Overhead Iron Bars And Trees In Owerri by ba7man(m): 8:52am On Jul 23, 2019
Creampro:

Money spent on these iron bars could have lifted a number of poor people you mentioned out of poverty.

I think the iron bars may pose great danger when they start corroding and falling off.
The beauty of those bar with lighting is supposed to stimulate the mind and inspire the average citizen.

Not everything is politics.
Re: Ihedioha Begins Removal Of Okorocha’s Overhead Iron Bars And Trees In Owerri by 8stargeneral: 8:56am On Jul 23, 2019
Natoski5:
Removing of overhead iron bars and artificial tree that beautify the city, something way never spoil undecided..how this one take make sense?

U call those iron beautify, something that is a death trap to people, u never been to owerri before, well it will be nice if u use it to beautify ur home!

2 Likes

Re: Ihedioha Begins Removal Of Okorocha’s Overhead Iron Bars And Trees In Owerri by mapet: 8:58am On Jul 23, 2019
Creampro:

Money spent on these iron bars could have lifted a number of poor people you mentioned out of poverty.

I think the iron bars may pose great danger when they start corroding and falling off.

I get you. You know the money spent in removing them is lifting 1million Imolites from poverty.....

1 Like

Re: Ihedioha Begins Removal Of Okorocha’s Overhead Iron Bars And Trees In Owerri by delishpot: 8:59am On Jul 23, 2019
Let me just sit here and read comments from those who the projects actually affects their lives vs the over sabi people (that don't even know how the thing works or how lives are affected by them) who will have strong impressions about the news and kick harder than the people of Imo.
Re: Ihedioha Begins Removal Of Okorocha’s Overhead Iron Bars And Trees In Owerri by PeaceNexus(m): 9:01am On Jul 23, 2019
This man may as well be worse than Okorocha...what a clueless governor.... No new initiative, always looking for how to mess the few Okorocha's legacies
massmediang:
Governor of Imo State, Emeka Ihedioha, has commenced removal of the iron bars which former governor Rochas Okorocha placed across the major streets of Owerri.

Okorocha who is now the Senator representing Imo West constituency, used the iron bars and artificial palm trees to beautify the state capital.

But Ihedioha seems to want the state capital to look different so his administration has embarked on the removal of all the iron bars across streets in the state capital. The trees are also going down one after the other.

Massmediang gathered that this action by Ihedioha is coming with mixed feelings among Imo people as some of them are happy with the action while others feel that this is tax payers’ money being wasted. Some feel that Ihedioha should face more important projects while others feel that most of Rochas Okorocha’s numerous projects, including the iron bars and artificial trees are remind them of the wasted and bad governance of the past administration and should be removed.

See more photos;

https://massmediang.com/ihedioha-begins-removal-of-rochas-okorochas-iron-bars-and-trees-in-owerri/
Re: Ihedioha Begins Removal Of Okorocha’s Overhead Iron Bars And Trees In Owerri by mapet: 9:02am On Jul 23, 2019
jrusky:
In my own opinion I'm sure he must have good reason why he is removing it possibly those iron would be use for something else much meaningful beside I can not trust Okorocha a bit those unecessary overhead iron bars could have some sort of secret meaning only God knows because it's so unnatural and strange that a governor was building statues all over the capital and majority of those he built statue for belong to his cult.

My take is if he removed them they should be converted to something more meaningful to the state.

I still believe Ihedioha will still do better because he knows what is at stake so no messing or opportunity wasting at all but first of all Imo must be free from Okorocha demonic chain.

If you know you know.

I kind of "understand".... You know people living in delusion do not come out of it, especially when they willfully submit to it.
Re: Ihedioha Begins Removal Of Okorocha’s Overhead Iron Bars And Trees In Owerri by nnokwa042(m): 9:02am On Jul 23, 2019
plaindealer:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/9560102_fbimg23582810527_jpegc5029353aba27678c29ea9a7ab60da48

This beautiful city is under total destruction and heading back to the stone age.

Governance is building on your predecessor's good achievements, not the destruction of public property because of hatred and pathetic desire to fight your predecessor and destroy his achievements.

Poor people of Imo state, be careful what you wish for, enjoy your ride back to backwardness, hopefully, you'll learn from this sad experience and make better decisions next time..

have you been to any western world before? all okorochas projects in imo state none of them will last,I passed the so called tunnel I wanted to faint with laugh tunnel indeed,okorocha is a criminal ,

3 Likes

Re: Ihedioha Begins Removal Of Okorocha’s Overhead Iron Bars And Trees In Owerri by sweetjohn(m): 9:03am On Jul 23, 2019
argon500:

Wasting public funds all in the name of fighting his predecessors

SS politicians are not matured

Wike vs Amaechi
Oshiomole Vs Obaseki
Udom vs Akpabio

Now Okorocha vs Ihedioha
Why didnt you quote Fashola vs Ambode

1 Like

Re: Ihedioha Begins Removal Of Okorocha’s Overhead Iron Bars And Trees In Owerri by 02Kebreal(m): 9:04am On Jul 23, 2019
Politics taken too far.
Re: Ihedioha Begins Removal Of Okorocha’s Overhead Iron Bars And Trees In Owerri by mapet: 9:06am On Jul 23, 2019
henryobinna:

jlinkd78: :

I stay in Owerri.

Oga what you said is total b..ullshit...

they make the city look beautiful

You're spending your energy on someone who have willingly submitted to backwardness. The guy is ok with it, even if Ihedioha pull down hospitals, schools etc just because Rochas built it.

1 Like

Re: Ihedioha Begins Removal Of Okorocha’s Overhead Iron Bars And Trees In Owerri by mapet: 9:07am On Jul 23, 2019
goaldynboy:
I don't support Ihedioha on this!

Can't Imolites or even Okorocha sue him for waste of public resources?!!

Sue wetin? Don't you see "Imolites" here dancing?

People actually deserve the kind of leaders they get

1 Like

Re: Ihedioha Begins Removal Of Okorocha’s Overhead Iron Bars And Trees In Owerri by mapet: 9:08am On Jul 23, 2019
Stillthebest:
Instead of removing them can't he cover them with decorative leathers to beautify them the more?
When the objective is to erase any work of Rochas, what do you expect?
Re: Ihedioha Begins Removal Of Okorocha’s Overhead Iron Bars And Trees In Owerri by lexy2014: 9:11am On Jul 23, 2019
emmancipated:
I just hope that this Ihedioha doesn't turn out to be worse than Okorocha. Let him get down to business and let all these petty fights slide.

D guy will spend his first tenure on okorocha.
Re: Ihedioha Begins Removal Of Okorocha’s Overhead Iron Bars And Trees In Owerri by Zuriel100(m): 9:12am On Jul 23, 2019
na wa ooo....which kind clueless governors we get like this..money was spent on DAT project... its now a waste
Re: Ihedioha Begins Removal Of Okorocha’s Overhead Iron Bars And Trees In Owerri by mapet: 9:13am On Jul 23, 2019
nnokwa042:
have you been to any western world before? all okorochas projects in imo state none of them will last,I passed the so called tunnel I wanted to faint with laugh tunnel indeed,okorocha is a criminal ,

Lemme try figure your (il)logic - Since none of them will "last", by your reasoning , it is better to "destroy" them, so that they "don't last faster".......

Gosh! it is a challenge getting into you guys' "world of reasoning"
Re: Ihedioha Begins Removal Of Okorocha’s Overhead Iron Bars And Trees In Owerri by adecz: 9:13am On Jul 23, 2019
sad
I hope he will also remove
the tar on the roads to confirm
his seriousness..

This man is behaving like Buhari,
criticizing & condemning his predecessors
while achieving nothing himself.

sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Ihedioha Begins Removal Of Okorocha’s Overhead Iron Bars And Trees In Owerri by somalianprince: 9:13am On Jul 23, 2019
See the real face of Owerri. Don't be deceived. There's nothing beautiful about this poto poto town
Ihedioha is doing the right thing

There's no single I infrastructure standing today in Owerri. Okoroawusa should be in jail

plaindealer:
[

This beautiful city is under total destruction and heading back to the stone age.

Governance is building on your predecessor's good achievements, not the destruction of public property because of hatred and pathetic desire to fight your predecessor and destroy his achievements.

Poor people of Imo state, be careful what you wish for, enjoy your ride back to backwardness, hopefully, you'll learn from this sad experience and make better decisions next time..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ihedioha Begins Removal Of Okorocha’s Overhead Iron Bars And Trees In Owerri by mapet: 9:16am On Jul 23, 2019
PeaceNexus:
This man may as well be worse than Okorocha...what a clueless governor.... No new initiative, always looking for how to mess the few Okorocha's legacies

Well, when a state not only settles for but celebrate someone like Ihedioha, what do you expect. The same man that was sponsored overseas attend a seminar. Not only did he not attend, he sold his flight tickets converted it to cash, and did not remit the estacode as well. Now for me, I am not disappointed about his corrupt and immoral act, much more by his lack of intelligence such that every little thing must be embezzled.
Re: Ihedioha Begins Removal Of Okorocha’s Overhead Iron Bars And Trees In Owerri by hush15: 9:23am On Jul 23, 2019
plaindealer:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/9560102_fbimg23582810527_jpegc5029353aba27678c29ea9a7ab60da48

without sounding biased, i support the removal. without ornaments to beautify the iron bars, it will only leave you with a sore sight. its wasteful already to have iron bars arcing an entire state. it will be more wasteful trying to keep it and justifying it. so let him spend that one time expense to remove it than keep it. imo looks like a cage with the iron bars and stupid trres thats not austainable
Re: Ihedioha Begins Removal Of Okorocha’s Overhead Iron Bars And Trees In Owerri by toprealman: 9:25am On Jul 23, 2019
plaindealer:

Exactly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos Considers Full Re-opening Of Economy, Embarks On Assessment Of Readiness / Simon Ekpa Reacts To Governor Soludo's Meeting With Nnamdi Kanu. / Senator George Sekibo Blows A Whistle At Plenary Session Over Ikoyi Billions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.