Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,089 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

How I Built My First Tech Start-up - Coming From A Science Background - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How I Built My First Tech Start-up - Coming From A Science Background (238 Views)

My Story: How I Built My Business From The Scratch Without A Dime / A case study on how I built My Dropshipping by spending Less on Ads / Opportunity To Invest In A Promising Tech Start-up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How I Built My First Tech Start-up - Coming From A Science Background by tinkshak: 4:49pm On Jul 22, 2019
Hello guys, just spare a few minutes of your time to read through this post.
Please, ignore my punctuation, grammatical errors,I happen not to be a good English speaker/write grin grin

Science had been my first love ever since my senior secondary school days, after I finished my secondary school back in 2014, I noticed that the country was not where I could stay and achieve my dreams of becoming a "World Renowned Physicist" like Dr. Michio Kaku grin grin, he used to be my mentor and inspiration back then.

I really loved the whole Science Fiction thing he talked about, but I needed to find another interest that is not far-fetched, that was when I fell in love with Technology esp the Internet.

To cut the long-story-short I wanted to build a Search Engine like Google for Nigeria Content, but of course, that would be very difficult since Google already has a wild coverage for Nigeria websites.

I felt discouraged and had to work on some other (failed) Tech Products, not until a friend of mine sent me a link to this post by a Nairalander @olamil34

please review my small python(django) web app

We really loved the idea, and he told me he would have been happy if I was the one that created the website, I didn't take it seriously, cos of the fact that I had some projects (that failed) I was working on...

Fast forward to a few months ago, I decided to visit the website to search and compare the price of 4k cameras, then I realized that the website was no longer functioning, At that moment I realized that I could turn that into an opportunity for myself.

And 3 months ago I was able to launch the website together with an Android App.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

pay for a domain with hosting a get a free website / Group Importation Business / Buy Italian Shoes, Wears Cars Etc From Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.