Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,569 members, 7,823,487 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

Power Supply: I Won’t Make Empty Promises To Nigerians -jonathan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Supply: I Won’t Make Empty Promises To Nigerians -jonathan (4757 Views)

I Won’t Resign Even If I Don’t Defeat Boko Haram By December, Says Buhari / French Muslim Leader: Make Empty Churches Into Mosques - Photo / PDP Has Created Many Wealthy Nigerians- Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Supply: I Won’t Make Empty Promises To Nigerians -jonathan by Kennyblues(m): 5:13pm On Oct 14, 2010
sad sad sad

Re: Power Supply: I Won’t Make Empty Promises To Nigerians -jonathan by metrixauto: 5:15pm On Oct 14, 2010
whats nonsense,is international airport the solution to nigerian problem,when million are hungry,let him go and sit down,it is now obvious that the guy does not have time again,4 Governance,what is now topmost in his agenda is how he will remain in the office beyond may 29th,2011,i believe he has stopped the business of governance,what he is busy doing now is politicking to remain in ASO ROCK.Nonsense and empty promises
Re: Power Supply: I Won’t Make Empty Promises To Nigerians -jonathan by orangemen: 5:26pm On Oct 14, 2010
Nigerians are sick people, honestly.

The man simply said i am not making empty promises, and he gets all these rants? What will he then get if he had said, look, i have promised but i am not able to deliver?

I am not making empty promises simply means i will fulfil all the promises i have made. English language.
@LouisThoru,
one of the xteristics of democracy is legalised and officially recognised oposition. nigeria as a democratic country will not have any chance of a one party system. if u are the type that go with the crowd, do not expect everybody to be like u. when abacha was president, he had fellowers who are also nigerians, ibb had, obasanjo had and if u are goodluck's fellower, glory be to God but stop waiting for everyone to be with u before u know that nigerians are not sick.
what are saying here is that goodluck is surposed to be occupied with the endless problems he inherited rather than this facebook theory.
we want an action packed president and not a facebook president.
tell goodluck to concentrate on our problems and leave facebook for now bcs he will have all the time in the world to chat after his tenure. if u don't mind, tell him that i said he is doing the right thing at the wrong time. look at that old obasanjo who is surposed to be on facebook to hear our voices has refused to do so while jonathan who is surposed to concentrate on our issues is rather paying more attention to facebook.
many of ur types are here praising and celebrating a politician because of his sweet talks.
this man who is saying he is not making ampty promises, is he not the same man who promised to declare state of emergency on power sector? how long does emergency last? for ever? justice delayed is justice denied.
Re: Power Supply: I Won’t Make Empty Promises To Nigerians -jonathan by princekevo(m): 5:36pm On Oct 14, 2010
LOL!!! A man withouth  promises owes no one no responsibility.
President is indirectly telling us that he is not promising us anything. So Incase after 2011,2015 we see no progress from his government we should not complain or held him responsible for anything. After all  he never promised us anything in the first place. All his supporters will come here after wasted 4 years and tell us 1 or 2 things he did, even when he promised us nothing.

GEJ should stop deceiving us and himself, he should tell us what his policy is to affect the life of the citizens if we have to trust our future in his hands for another 4years. For even a blind man to follow or trust you need to promise him safety
Re: Power Supply: I Won’t Make Empty Promises To Nigerians -jonathan by Escalante4: 5:41pm On Oct 14, 2010
Let us face the fact here. GEJ is too fragile to carry the weight of this country's wahala. He Scares me with his inconsistencies. The so called solution to the power problem was supposed to start with the privatisation exercise of the power sector which was carried out some weeks back. This was announced to have taken off and it was because of the pronouncement that caused PHCN workers to down tools  so their outstanding areas could be paid. These arreas have finally being paid but till now nobody knows who and who are running power sector as planned.

The so called fuel stabilization that GEJ is being credited for has simply been as a result of government not removing the subsidies yet on petroleum and this did not start with him so what miracle has been done in this regard. I was watching one of the packaged documentaries on GEJ's acheivement on one of the Media stations and to my utmost shock and amazement, i saw where the construction of one of the substations in Katampe area of Abuja was being added as GEJ's achievement. This substation i am aware has been on for close to 4years now.

Let us all pray seriously about the outcome of the 2011 elections so that God will give us who he has chosen for this country and not who is making us think he has been chosen for this country. Amioo
Re: Power Supply: I Won’t Make Empty Promises To Nigerians -jonathan by LouisThoru(f): 5:53pm On Oct 14, 2010
@oRANGEMEN

You are free to tell him on FACEBOOK, register and send him a message. Oh! You are scared they will trace you or what? Then go and tell him to leave facebook by yourself.
Re: Power Supply: I Won’t Make Empty Promises To Nigerians -jonathan by mubaraqqq(f): 6:11pm On Oct 14, 2010
its been a year since this man took over from yaradura. please tell me what he has done in a year, if he wanted people to take him seriously he should have accomplished something in a year. Even the disasters that happened under his watch flood, Jos, what leadership has he taken to fix those. There are so many little things he could have done, but he was lining his pocket and getting ready his presidential campaign.

So I don't believe a word that comes out of his mouth. Is not about being negative, is about Enough talking, do something already, show us you care by doing something. Stop talking and show it.
Re: Power Supply: I Won’t Make Empty Promises To Nigerians -jonathan by orangemen: 6:20pm On Oct 14, 2010
@oRANGEMEN

You are free to tell him on FACEBOOK, register and send him a message. Oh! You are scared they will trace you or what? Then go and tell him to leave facebook by yourself.

@LouisThoru,
u now write like a kid. on his facebook wall, i am one of the very few nigerians that have been saying; WITH DUE RESPECT SIR,
i v never been a crowd man. i will always give me the piece of my mind. i don't think jonathan has such time to start tracing ppl like me when at the end of the day, my words have no weight before them.
he is more than unprepared for this task. if u look at the show of shame that brought him and his dead partner on board, u will agree with me that he was not prepare and that we did not vote them in. jonathan for all i care is not working to please the masses who did not vote them rather he is out to pls obasanjo who imposed them on us.
Re: Power Supply: I Won’t Make Empty Promises To Nigerians -jonathan by hackney(m): 6:42pm On Oct 14, 2010
mubaraqqq:

its been a year since this man took over from yaradura. please tell me what he has done in a year, if he wanted people to take him seriously he should have accomplished something in a year. Even the disasters that happened under his watch flood, Jos, what leadership has he taken to fix those. There are so many little things he could have done, but he was lining his pocket and getting ready his presidential campaign.

So I don't believe a word that comes out of his mouth. Is not about being negative, is about Enough talking, do something already, show us you care by doing something. Stop talking and show it.

Gbam! ! !
Re: Power Supply: I Won’t Make Empty Promises To Nigerians -jonathan by mrofficial(m): 6:44pm On Oct 14, 2010
Give us light, not promise.
Re: Power Supply: I Won’t Make Empty Promises To Nigerians -jonathan by LouisThoru(f): 6:49pm On Oct 14, 2010
Orangemen

Then wait till election time before shouting, the man was not voted to power, agreed, so, wait till election time to vote him out, or are you already afraid that the elections will be rigged and he will be back in power?

LOL.
Re: Power Supply: I Won’t Make Empty Promises To Nigerians -jonathan by Ashiwaju(m): 7:14pm On Oct 14, 2010
We dont need 4eva to make changes!!!

In the last few months, we have over one million bills to be passed in the ASSEMBLY! Does it take forever to see some sign that "The man that wont make empty promise" is pursuing or doinganything regards this BILLS?

Where is FOI?
Where is ELECTORAL REFORM?
WHAT is the OutCOME of Power probe?

Does it take another 4years to have answers? What we cant see one month in OFFICE, cant be achieved 100 years in office!

We have heard sweet promises in the past, we have heard great manifest in the past but the story is same after they assume office!

So Long as the youth of this NAtion, Continues to SEAT Back and watch, we would continue to have all kinds of JUNK served to us as DISHES!
Re: Power Supply: I Won’t Make Empty Promises To Nigerians -jonathan by donobi(m): 7:42pm On Oct 14, 2010
Nigerians give GEJ chance to work. haba.
Re: Power Supply: I Won’t Make Empty Promises To Nigerians -jonathan by mohid(m): 8:00pm On Oct 14, 2010
mubaraqqq:

its been a year since this man took over from yaradura. please tell me what he has done in a year, if he wanted people to take him seriously he should have accomplished something in a year.
even if you add the 5 months we ran on "auto-pilot" without a president,its still not been 1 yr.Any exaggeration of the truth becomes a lie.I understand its by far easier to pull down than build up but pls lets work with facts.
Forgive me, my history is not wat it should be,but do u all know any Nigerian leader dead or living that impacted the nation in 5 months of his coming to power.Facts and figures please.
Re: Power Supply: I Won’t Make Empty Promises To Nigerians -jonathan by jedisco(m): 9:07pm On Oct 14, 2010
[/color]@orangemen
i dont know how many times it will be said that GEJ is not the only active leader on fb. Obama, the british prime minister and a host of others are also there.
You should be grateful that GEJ is showing signs of a 21st century leader- one who u can interact with and who shows he is aware of your plight.
Lastly i dont know who made YOU an INTERNET WARRIOR all u do is waste bandwidth criticising GEJ efforts. Let of ask what YOU are doing physically to change nigeria rather than be a war lord on the net and a living COWARD[color=#550000]
Re: Power Supply: I Won’t Make Empty Promises To Nigerians -jonathan by Nobody: 9:16pm On Oct 14, 2010
jedisco:

[/color]@orangemen
i dont know how many times it will be said that GEJ is not the only active leader on fb. Obama, the british prime minister and a host of others are also there.
You should be grateful that GEJ is showing signs of a 21st century leader- one who u can interact with and who shows he is aware of your plight.
Lastly i dont know who made YOU an INTERNET WARRIOR all u do is waste bandwidth criticising GEJ efforts. Let of ask what YOU are doing physically to change nigeria rather than be a war lord on the net and a living COWARD[color=#550000]

Please Obama does not do his weekly address on  Facebook, he does it on radio.
David Cameron defends his policies every wednesday at Prime Minister questions time which is broadcast on national TV and radio.

none of these leaders run their country on Facebook. there is nothing wrong if Jonathan wants to have more facebook prescence but regular press conferences and radio adress on NTA would have been more apt.

may be the president prefers facebook due to poor communication skills.
Re: Power Supply: I Won’t Make Empty Promises To Nigerians -jonathan by mubaraqqq(f): 9:26pm On Oct 14, 2010
mohid:

even if you add the 5 months we ran on "auto-pilot" without a president,its still not been 1 yr.Any exaggeration of the truth becomes a lie.I understand its by far easier to pull down than build up but pls lets work with facts.
Forgive me, my history is not wat it should be,but do u all know any Nigerian leader dead or living that impacted the nation in 5 months of his coming to power.Facts and figures please.

You are right I don't know of any Nigerian leader that has accomplished anything in 5 months. I actually don't know of any Nigerian leaders that have accomplished much during their presidency, case in point Yaradua, OBJ.

Maybe it has not been a year, although it feels like a year to me. My point is there has been many opportunities for him to step as a leader and unite the nation. Like I said in my other posts Jos, the flood, even this bombing, he keeps on changing his story every second. This man does not inspire confidence.

So it has not been a year, maybe 6months. There are many things he can do in 6 months. The right leadership could have fixed one of those major federal roads in 6 months. And please don't tell me money is tied up and all that because i bet the first thing they got control of when he came into power was the budget.

Am not trying to be negative, am just saying am tired of talk, talk, talk.
Re: Power Supply: I Won’t Make Empty Promises To Nigerians -jonathan by mubaraqqq(f): 9:30pm On Oct 14, 2010
donobi:

Nigerians give GEJ chance to work. haba.

All Jonathan had to was to fix one major thing in Nigeria or even start the process of fixing something. Let people see that you are doing something. if he had done that Nigerians will be screaming his name left and right. he wouldn't even have to spend that much on campaigning because Nigerians will do it for him with word of mouth.
Re: Power Supply: I Won’t Make Empty Promises To Nigerians -jonathan by Beaf: 9:35pm On Oct 14, 2010
A lot of people are jealous of Jonathans progress and the fact that he has been able to reach the masses like no other President ever has, so they yap about facebook (funny when all aspirants have rushed to copy him, even Buhari of all people, has a facebook account grin). In Jonathan, we have our very first thinking President, who is doing a lot to position Nigeria for industrial takeoff; a man who truly has the country at heart.

For the first time in our history, we have a deep thinker who is ready to tackle our critical developmental fundamentals by employing the brightest minds and identifying local solutions. Has anybody noticed that the foolish foreign "fact finding" trips our ministers and senators used to emback on every other week have died a quiet death? Things are really happening under Jonathan, all in a quiet, unannounced way; and the old forces really hate it, so they employ all sorts of underhand tricks and crimes to keep the country down; but with Jonathan, Nigerias time has finally come.

Here is a man that has become President by providence. He was not in the least interested in politics, but strangely there were always people who saw something special about him. Several missions were sent to recruit him into politics by political movers and shakers, but he kept turning them down one after the other, until they started turning up in person. Well, he finally took up the challenge and the rest of his story is history; I am not one for that sort of thing, but his steps seem to have been pre-ordained. All senselessly anti-Jonathan forces will cramp and paralyse themselves.

[size=14pt]Goodluck Nigeria!!![/size]
Re: Power Supply: I Won’t Make Empty Promises To Nigerians -jonathan by mubaraqqq(f): 9:39pm On Oct 14, 2010
Ashiwaju:

We dont need 4eva to make changes!!!

In the last few months, we have over one million bills to be passed in the ASSEMBLY! Does it take forever to see some sign that "The man that wont make empty promise" is pursuing or doinganything regards this BILLS?

Where is FOI?
Where is ELECTORAL REFORM?
WHAT is the OutCOME of Power probe?

Does it take another 4years to have answers? What we cant see one month in OFFICE, cant be achieved 100 years in office!

We have heard sweet promises in the past, we have heard great manifest in the past but the story is same after they assume office!

So Long as the youth of this NAtion, Continues to SEAT Back and watch, we would continue to have all kinds of JUNK served to us as DISHES!

Thank you my friend, it doesn't take a year for a leader to inspire confidence. There so many simple things that can be done in Nigeria within a month or two
Re: Power Supply: I Won’t Make Empty Promises To Nigerians -jonathan by snapshot: 10:21pm On Oct 14, 2010
metrixauto:

whats nonsense,is international airport the solution to nigerian problem,when million are hungry,let him go and sit down,it is now obvious that the guy does not have time again,4 Governance,what is now topmost in his agenda is how he will remain in the office beyond may 29th,2011,i believe he has stopped the business of governance,what he is busy doing now is politicking to remain in ASO ROCK.Nonsense and empty promises
Tell me what is wrong with GEJ wanting to stay in office beyond may 29th,2010.how can he bring about the much desired change he is talking about if he is not in office?or do you think that solving the problem such as electricity or the myriad of problems in this country will happen in this short time that GEJ has in office?The guy needs time and if he is asking for support to keep him in office beyond may29th is on the right path.
Re: Power Supply: I Won’t Make Empty Promises To Nigerians -jonathan by Felixjude(m): 10:59pm On Oct 14, 2010
WHY ARE SOME NIGERIANS SO DAFT EHH?A man tells u he wil nt mke empty promises and u r crucifying him, if he said u wil av constan lite in december u wil go as far as BOMBING him.orangemen go back 2 KG and start learning english afresh 4rm A B C.I wish GEJ had taken Ribadu as his vice, he is nt doin bably though
Re: Power Supply: I Won’t Make Empty Promises To Nigerians -jonathan by LouisThoru(f): 11:31pm On Oct 14, 2010
mubaraqqq:

Thank you my friend, it doesn't take a year for a leader to inspire confidence. There so many simple things that can be done in Nigeria within  a month or two

Like what will you do if given the chance?

The first six months you are still stockpiling your bank with money to even think of what to do.
Re: Power Supply: I Won’t Make Empty Promises To Nigerians -jonathan by LouisThoru(f): 11:32pm On Oct 14, 2010
mubaraqqq:

All Jonathan had to was to fix one major thing in Nigeria or even start the process of fixing something. Let people see that you are doing something. if he had done that Nigerians will be screaming his name left and right. he wouldn't even have to spend that much on campaigning because Nigerians will do it for him  with word of mouth.

Like snap his finger and Nigeria turns to America?

The last time you went to toilet, I am sure your brain, which you neatly tuck inside your butt hole, fell off and got flushed down the loo.
Re: Power Supply: I Won’t Make Empty Promises To Nigerians -jonathan by tunde121oke: 6:25am On Oct 15, 2010
yes he wont
Re: Power Supply: I Won’t Make Empty Promises To Nigerians -jonathan by Nobody: 7:30am On Oct 15, 2010
All these poor people in Nairaland sef. When was it compulsory for Govt to generate electricity. Its a private enterprise thing. Besides, Govt hasnt stopped anyone from buying solar panels and building enterprise power plants. You all will die complaining, fellow nigerians if you dont stop complaining and doing something for your poor mental selves.
Re: Power Supply: I Won’t Make Empty Promises To Nigerians -jonathan by Nobody: 7:48am On Oct 15, 2010
mubaraqqq:

How dumb! Its just about half a year and if you've ever read anything in the news lately, you would have noticed that Nigeria was awarded the Category One status, there's been no fuel scarcity (never happened this long),and if you love this country one bit, you will support his blueprint on electricity.

No Nigerian leader has ever come up with such an approach and for the natural disasters you talked about,. They are unavoidable but once again, you've not been following his responses to them. They are the most human faced I've seen. Even if you've not been reading newspapers or read his posts on facebook, you could at least have asked what he has done before displaying your obvious ignorance
Re: Power Supply: I Won’t Make Empty Promises To Nigerians -jonathan by olybaby50(m): 9:12am On Oct 15, 2010
Pathetic Nigerian Politics undecided
Re: Power Supply: I Won’t Make Empty Promises To Nigerians -jonathan by lekanbar(m): 11:22am On Oct 15, 2010
We've heard a lot of that, please performance, promise or no promise

http:///WW7N
Re: Power Supply: I Won’t Make Empty Promises To Nigerians -jonathan by samuraix1: 11:47am On Oct 15, 2010
Make it a date with Dr Christopher Kolade @ Harvest Place

Date: November 7th 2010
Time: 10am
Venue: Harvest Place. 10 Emmanuel Street. (Very close to Elomaz Hotel, former Jesu Oyinbo Street) Maryland. Lagos
Theme: You, Your career and Nation Building

For Registration Please call: 08029563137, harvestadmiral@yahoo.com
Re: Power Supply: I Won’t Make Empty Promises To Nigerians -jonathan by truly: 12:16pm On Oct 15, 2010
mohid:

Murtala Muhammed - 6 months
He fought corruption tenaciously

24 years after people still remember him with nostalgia

You forget that Johnathan was the chairman of the DEC 2009 10,000MW committee
Did he deliver? No
How longer did it take him to come up with a blueprint after he became acting president - 6months
That is a man who has been on the the NIPP beat since 2007 with a deadline for delivery by Dec 2009

And yet we are not allowed to criticise him - But it was ok when we criticised Obj and Abacha
Re: Power Supply: I Won’t Make Empty Promises To Nigerians -jonathan by truly: 12:23pm On Oct 15, 2010
LeoMax:

All these poor people in Nairaland sef. When was it compulsory for Govt to generate electricity. Its a private enterprise thing. Besides, Govt hasnt stopped anyone from buying solar panels and building enterprise power plants. You all will die complaining, fellow nigerians if you dont stop complaining and doing something for your poor mental selves.
Johnathan was chairman of NIPP
It was set up by the government and Nigerian money was voted for, and spent on, it
Is it too much to ask for the outcome?
Pllease tell me that country in the world where there is epileptic power supply and the government says No, don't blame us, it is private scetor problem

And I am not sure that GEJ will be happy that we cannot discuss him without rancour

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan Promises Reasonable Power Supply If Elected / Fayose Stops His Convoy & Joins Aregbesola On Inspection Of Trumpet Bridge(Pics / Trump Arrives Afara Ibeku, Holding A Closed Door Meeting With Nnamdi Kanu(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.