Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,318 members, 7,839,522 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

Top 10 Facts About Boris Johnson Uk’s New Prime Minister - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Top 10 Facts About Boris Johnson Uk’s New Prime Minister (32455 Views)

Ali Lamine Zeine: Meet The New Prime Minister Of Niger Republic / Climate Protesters Block Boris Johnson, UK Prime Minister's Convoy / Boris Johnson Is The New Prime Minister Of The United Kingdom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Facts About Boris Johnson Uk’s New Prime Minister by Naanlong01: 5:01pm On Jul 24, 2019
This man must really be a Donald Trump replica in UK. Did anyone notice the vigour in which he jumped up when he was declared the winner? And also how he was reading his acceptance speech with massive force. No doubt he's vocal. I was surprised when he said by october 31st they must get Brexit by "do or die"
Re: Top 10 Facts About Boris Johnson Uk’s New Prime Minister by heybeemoney(m): 6:10pm On Jul 24, 2019
this man was in Maiduguri last year...
Re: Top 10 Facts About Boris Johnson Uk’s New Prime Minister by brownbib(m): 8:28pm On Jul 24, 2019
British Trump.
Re: Top 10 Facts About Boris Johnson Uk’s New Prime Minister by bengg: 8:41pm On Jul 24, 2019
We are here to serve you better

Re: Top 10 Facts About Boris Johnson Uk’s New Prime Minister by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jul 24, 2019
fabienjoe:

The major driver of naionalism in the west is Islamic terrorism. Muslim fundamentalists are beginning to target westerners even in their own countries. It's nothing to do with LGBT rights.
LGBT rights, Abortion rights as well as other minority rights got Obama into office. Most of his policies towards those rights have been reversed by the conservatives led by Trump. While conservatives are not against LGBTQ people generally, they have issues with it been pushed down their throats and into their society through legal means. That's what is being resisted
Re: Top 10 Facts About Boris Johnson Uk’s New Prime Minister by ebby9z(m): 10:20pm On Jul 24, 2019
Apparently the media for not like him. Which makes me like him automatically. He's blunt, not politically correct and witty. Makes me like him all the same. Like Trump, the media claims they have low ratings ( Boris was voted first politician last year) yet they are both soaring high.
Death to political correctness and extreme sensitivity.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Facts About Boris Johnson Uk’s New Prime Minister by Durchmann(m): 1:12am On Jul 25, 2019
Ugosample:

you like this populism wave?

any reasons why?

My reasons may not really be popular opinion though.

For the first time, Africa has thought about building a Free Trade Area among themselves and not going cap in hand to beg.

For once, Iran has come out plainly and said they have been carrying out nuclear enrichment and in fact have decided to increase effort on their nuclear enrichment. Prior to now, even with all the fingers pointing at them from Israel, they denied this.

South Korea and Japan are having their own versions of trade war. Now, you may say that this is a strife that isn't welcome but the truth is nations have been playing deceptive international politics prior to Trump's coming.

So what point am I raising here?

The point is, nations have been bullied and even some stifled because they wanted to keep their fragile diplomatic relationships with certain nations or bloc of nations. Now, everyone is concerned about what the other party brings to the table. The scenario in the past where one nation suffers at the expense of the other is being challenged.

In fact, no nation calls the other a pariah state anymore because everyone has his interests at the forefront of negotiations all laid bare without any form of guile or deception.

As far as I'm concerned, it's a good time to be alive. If African nations are wise, this is the time to stand their ground against neo-colonialism and diplomatic oppression by forging better ties among themselves, thereby protecting their own interests. Well, they are learning. I only fear that systemic corruption may be our bane or Achilles heel in this case though.

These views are just my opinion and mine alone.
Re: Top 10 Facts About Boris Johnson Uk’s New Prime Minister by Ugosample(m): 9:41am On Jul 25, 2019
Durchmann:

My reasons may not really be popular opinion though.

For the first time, Africa has thought about building a Free Trade Area among themselves and not going cap in hand to beg.

For once, Iran has come out plainly and said they have been carrying out nuclear enrichment and in fact have decided to increase effort on their nuclear enrichment. Prior to now, even with all the fingers pointing at them from Israel, they denied this.

South Korea and Japan are having their own versions of trade war. Now, you may say that this is a strife that isn't welcome but the truth is nations have been playing deceptive international politics prior to Trump's coming.

So what point am I raising here?

The point is, nations have been bullied and even some stifled because they wanted to keep their fragile diplomatic relationships with certain nations or bloc of nations. Now, everyone is concerned about what the other party brings to the table. In the past, the scenario where one nation suffers at the expense of the other is being challenged.

In fact, no nation call the other a pariah state anymore because everyone has his interests at the forefront of negotiations all laid bare without any form of guile or deception.

As far as I'm concerned, it's a good time to be alive. If African nations are wise, this is the time to stand their ground against neo-colonialism and diplomatic oppression by forging better ties among themselves, thereby protecting their own interests. Well, they are learning. I only fear that systemic corruption may be our bane or Achilles heel in this case though.

These views are just my opinion and mine alone.

I see

interesting

But don't you think that Trump recklessness would have a long term damage in future?

There is a reason why diplomacy is king, and diplomacy keep the peace..

and as for African countries cheesy

this free trade agreement is gonna screw us over big time (especially Nigeria)

The structural problems in Africa has not been fixed yet, and you are melting the borders
like putting the cart b4 horse

And to think that most African countries have their biggest trading partners out of the continent
That should tell you something

But let me be optimistic sha
Re: Top 10 Facts About Boris Johnson Uk’s New Prime Minister by Durchmann(m): 10:49am On Jul 25, 2019
Ugosample:

I see

interesting

But don't you think that Trump recklessness would have a long term damage in future?

There is a reason why diplomacy is king, and diplomacy keep the peace..

and as for African countries cheesy

this free trade agreement is gonna screw us over big time (especially Nigeria)

The structural problems in Africa has not been fixed yet, and you are melting the borders
like putting the cart b4 horse

And to think that most African countries have their biggest trading partners out of the continent
That should tell you something

But let me be optimistic sha

If the African leaders do have the will power, they can force International corporations to do business in the continent by their Free Trade Area Policy. However, just as I said earlier, the systemic corruption and selfish attitude among Africans will kill the whole objective before it gains ground. From the field alone, custom officers can intentionally manipulate records in order to classify foreign imports (imports from outside Africa) as African imports. This is just a simple case as there are even deeper and more complicated situations that can play out.

Back to the area of Trump's effect on the globe, I've never really been a fan of the usual International diplomacy protocols when nations deal with each other. In fact, you find out that they are mostly flawed and in a lot of cases tilted to serve the major interests of one party leaving the other party disgruntled but in order to appease the Piper, smiling along.

Take the International Free Trade Agreement for example. In as much as the Chinese are hard workers and have been the world's one-stop shop for almost everything, other nations of the world (especially Africa) have been reeling in job losses due to competition shutting down. If it were just competition within China, I could tolerate that. However, when job losses occur in say , Chile, because a Chinese firm is producing at a much cheaper rate , even though in a lot of cases (especially to 3rd World Nations), products exported are of low quality, that is very unacceptable.

To even cap this up, China will still build relationships with those 3rd World Nations while giving them loans that may end up even slaving those nations indefinitely.

I don't know but I'm not fine with all these romance China has been having within Africa. I think there was a report some time ago of a nation in Asia or so that had to give up a seaport to China as they could not pay their debts. I'll find out though. I'm not certain what nation that is or resource that was given up.

Free Trade isn't Fair Trade, in my opinion. The actions of one nation and its people affects the ability of other nations somewhere else to serve their own people. That's subtle sabotage if you ask me.

In the end, just as I said earlier, it's our my opinion.

In my opinion, it's best everyone knows he or her grievances and agreements are formed based on those grievances and not through diplomatic sentiments. People can agree since they all know what ails them.
Re: Top 10 Facts About Boris Johnson Uk’s New Prime Minister by Ugosample(m): 10:54am On Jul 25, 2019
Durchmann:

If the African leaders do have the will power, they can force International corporations to do business in the continent by their Free Trade Area Policy. However, just as I said earlier, the systemic corruption and selfish attitude among Africans will kill the whole objective before it gains ground. From the field alone, custom officers can intentionally manipulate records in order to classify foreign imports (imports from outside Africa) as African imports. This is just a simple case as there are even deeper and more complicated situations that can play out.

Back to the area of Trump's effect on the globe, I've never really been a fan of the usual International diplomacy protocols when nations deal with each other. In fact, you find out that they are mostly flawed and in a lot of cases tilted to serve the major interests of one party leaving the other party disgruntled but in order to appease the Piper, smiling along.

Take the International Free Trade Agreement for example. In as much as the Chinese are hard workers and have been the world's one-stop shop for almost everything, other nations of the world (especially Africa) have been reeling in job losses due to competition shutting down. If it were just competition within China, I could tolerate that. However, when job losses occur in say , Chile, because a Chinese firm is producing at a much cheaper rate , even though in a lot of cases (especially to 3rd World Nations), products exported are of low quality, that is very unacceptable.

To even cap this up, China will still build relationships with those 3rd World Nations while giving them loans that may end up even slaving those nations indefinitely.

I don't know but I'm not fine with all these romance China has been having within Africa. I think there was a report some time ago of a nation in Asia or so that had to give up a seaport to China as they could not pay their debts. I'll find out though. I'm not certain what nation that is or resource that was given up.

Free Trade isn't Fair Trade, in my opinion. The actions of one nation and its people affects the ability of other nations somewhere else to serve their own people. That's subtle sabotage if you ask me.

In the end, just as I said earlier, it's our my opinion.

In my opinion, it's best everyone knows he or her grievances and agreements are formed based on those grievances and not through diplomatic sentiments. People can agree since they all know what ails them.

Thank God!

anothee person who is wary of the China -Africa relationship

I was discussing with a Guinean the other day
and ge was so happy about Chinese investment and loans being extended to his country bla bla bla

I tried to explain to him
But for where?
his mind is already fixated

many Africans don't reason properly
and The foreign powers are here to exploit that for their benefits
Re: Top 10 Facts About Boris Johnson Uk’s New Prime Minister by Durchmann(m): 11:04am On Jul 25, 2019
Ugosample:

Thank God!

anothee person who is wary of the China -Africa relationship

I was discussing with a Guinean the other day
and ge was so happy about Chinese investment and loans being extended to his country bla bla bla

I tried to explain to him
But for where?
his mind is already fixated

many Africans don't reason properly
and The foreign powers are here to exploit that for their benefits

Well, everyone to his own opinion O!

I won't try to sound rude but in my own opinion, people who think the China relations with Africa is cool only see the immediate picture. They don't see the broad picture. Also, some are also direct benefactors of China's moves in Africa. You would hardly see someone in Government in Africa talk against China. China is helping them fulfill election promises even though it may be at a grievous cost to posterity.

These are things Africans should be concerned about. I don't know why I even have this feeling that China must have been a huge backer of the African Free Trade Area thing sef. I love the policy but I'm wary of the backers.
Re: Top 10 Facts About Boris Johnson Uk’s New Prime Minister by Ugosample(m): 11:35am On Jul 25, 2019
Durchmann:

Well, everyone to his own opinion O!

I won't try to sound rude but in my own opinion, people who think the China relations with Africa is cool only see the immediate picture. They don't see the broad picture. Also, some are also direct benefactors of China's moves in Africa. You would hardly see someone in Government in Africa talk against China. China is helping them fulfill election promises even though it may be at a grievous cost to posterity.

These are things Africans should be concerned about. I don't know why I even have this feeling that China must have been a huge backer of the African Free Trade Area thing sef. I love the policy but I'm wary of the backers.

I believe China was a backer to that Free trade agreement
Re: Top 10 Facts About Boris Johnson Uk’s New Prime Minister by somtookeke(m): 10:49am On Dec 13, 2019
British PM wins parliamentary majority
https://speakersden2..com/2019/12/british-pm-wins-parliamentary-majority.html

EPL: Solskjaer reveals how many players he wants to sign for Man Utd in January
https://speakersden2..com/2019/12/epl-solskjaer-reveals-how-many-players.html

Share, like, comment

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

La Palma – Families Given 1hr To Escape Before Toxic Gas Bomb Explodes(Pix,vid) / Sierra Leonean Safety Officer Fights Back After A Chinese Miner Attacked Him / US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.