Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,627 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

Man Sentenced To Death For Robbing Bank Customer In Ogun - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Sentenced To Death For Robbing Bank Customer In Ogun (557 Views)

Alfa Tiamiyu Abass Dismembers Female Customer In Oyo, Police Recover Body Parts / Police Uncover New Strategy For Robbing Bank Customers / Armed Robber Burnt For Robbing, Killing A Lady In Lagos (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Sentenced To Death For Robbing Bank Customer In Ogun by Drinokrane: 4:24pm On Jul 23, 2019
An Abeokuta High Court has sentenced a man, Lebaran Abass, to death by hanging for trailing a bank customer and robbing him at gunpoint, Igbere TV reports.

Justice S. A. Olugbemi on Tuesday found Mr Abass guilty of two-count charges of conspiracy and armed robbery.

Olugbemi ruled that evidence before court showed that the convict committed the offences.

The prosecutor, Aderonke Adefisoye, had told the court that the convict committed the offences on February 28 in Ilaro, Ogun.

Adefisoye said that the convict robbed one Mr Adebusuyi Afolabi of N998,000 shortly after he withdrew the sum from a bank.

“The accused and his gang would stay within bank premises waiting for customers who will withdraw huge amounts of money, and trail them to the point of collecting the money.

“The complainant withdrew his money from a bank located at Owode Yewa and went to the motor park to board a commercial vehicle to Idi-Iroko.

“The accused pointed a gun at Afolabi and collected the bag containing N998,000 from him and jumped onto a standby motorcycle and escaped,” the prosecutor said.

Source; http://igberetvnews.com/840353/shocking-man-sentenced-to-death-for-robbing-bank-customer-in-ogun/

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique

Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Robbing Bank Customer In Ogun by Natoski5(m): 4:25pm On Jul 23, 2019
So him no see bank rob na bank customers...?? grin cheesy..
Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Robbing Bank Customer In Ogun by gsegun43: 4:26pm On Jul 23, 2019
Everyday for the thief.
Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Robbing Bank Customer In Ogun by Sunnymatey(m): 4:31pm On Jul 23, 2019
Just imagine,
How is this man crime different from that of Boko Haram terrorist caught and convicted of kilings yet they are being pardon, rewarded(empowered) and send back to the society.
Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Robbing Bank Customer In Ogun by Elukapendragon(m): 4:41pm On Jul 23, 2019
To the Mod that banned me for six days because I abused a Muslim who abused me first..... Yet didn't ban the Islamic Warlock

May your blessings be banned from you till you realize you don't own this country

2 Likes

Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Robbing Bank Customer In Ogun by PrincessB1(f): 4:45pm On Jul 23, 2019
Chai!

And so, he met his water loo undecided
Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Robbing Bank Customer In Ogun by CjayMAX: 5:01pm On Jul 23, 2019
Elukapendragon:
To the Mod that banned me for six days because I abused a Muslim who abused me first..... Yet didn't ban the Islamic Warlock

May your blessings be banned from you till you realize you don't own this country
AMEN
Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Robbing Bank Customer In Ogun by Blackfire(m): 5:50pm On Jul 23, 2019
How much him rob wey una wan kill am? How much

(1) (Reply)

Man Allegedly Killed Girlfriend Days After She Bailed Him Out Of Jail / How Kano Kids Were Kidnapped, Trafficked In Anambra By Igbo Suspects -police / Anny Who Raped 11-year-old Boy And Had His Baby, Jailed For 20 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.