Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,002 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

Should Rauf Aregbesola Be Minister Of Education? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Rauf Aregbesola Be Minister Of Education? (25101 Views)

It’s Wrong To Be Minister While Serving, NYSC Tells Musawa / Wike To Lamido: Only In Nigeria Person With Primary School Cert Can Be Minister / Rauf Aregbesola: 'I Never Collected Salary, Never Built A House As A Governor' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Rauf Aregbesola Be Minister Of Education? by MudRaker: 8:42pm On Jul 23, 2019
johnmartus:
We can't justify his education contribution based on national exams Because it's a fraud.

Jesus!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should Rauf Aregbesola Be Minister Of Education? by Gandollar(f): 9:01pm On Jul 23, 2019
johnmartus:
Still better than imo and Anambra ghost center.
How? Please explain.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should Rauf Aregbesola Be Minister Of Education? by Fhemmmy: 9:10pm On Jul 23, 2019
johnmartus:
For the love of Rauf Aregbesola have for the education sector I think he will make good impact if he was assigned to supervise education sector in Nigeria.
Education was number one achievement of Aregbesola during his regime. Aregbesola built first class classrooms and he also introduced opon imon in both primary and secondary schools .Aregbesola was a pioneer of school feeding program.
Love him or hate him Aregbesola achievement in education sector in osun state can't be overlook.

Chai . . .Nigeria has a long way to go, for you to call all the crap that Aregbe did in oshun as achievement, Nigeria has a long way to go

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Rauf Aregbesola Be Minister Of Education? by Lush100(m): 9:19pm On Jul 23, 2019
Yeepa!!!
They made this one education Minister.
We are finished.
Is Nigeria this sick? I mean is the Presidency this sick?
Oh who will deliver us from this Rastafarian govt.
Pls they should make him the CEO/ chairman of North East devt Corp (NEDC).

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Rauf Aregbesola Be Minister Of Education? by Gandollar(f): 10:16pm On Jul 23, 2019
iammo:

Goto.osun and see his model schools before bad mouthing him
Hahahaha... he obviously built fanciful schools because it will allow him embezzle more money, go and check Osun state's academic rating in the recent years and be the judge grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Rauf Aregbesola Be Minister Of Education? by johnmartus(m): 10:19pm On Jul 23, 2019
Please you're from which state.
Fhemmmy:

Chai . . .Nigeria has a long way to go, for you to call all the crap that Aregbe did in oshun as achievement, Nigeria has a long way to go

2 Likes

Re: Should Rauf Aregbesola Be Minister Of Education? by johnmartus(m): 10:20pm On Jul 23, 2019
I have made my point already miracle centers across the five states in southeast.
Gandollar:
How? Please explain.
Re: Should Rauf Aregbesola Be Minister Of Education? by johnmartus(m): 10:21pm On Jul 23, 2019
angry you're not making sense.
iluvdonjazzy:
love for education my foot, somebody that sold the future of his state including education and you now think he can handle national education, Hmmm Buhari fall my hand big time. where did we even get it wrong.
Re: Should Rauf Aregbesola Be Minister Of Education? by Gandollar(f): 10:24pm On Jul 23, 2019
plaindealer:

Under Aregbesola, education in Osun state improved spectacularly.

He even invested in education more than many states in Nigeria combined.

Sadly for you people, you can not substitute facts with lies, hatred and ignorance.

Osun must have been at point zero before he came in because even the improvement did not earn them a pride of place on the league table

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should Rauf Aregbesola Be Minister Of Education? by plaindealer: 10:42pm On Jul 23, 2019
Gandollar:
Osun must have been at point zero before he came in because even the improvement did not earn them a pride of place on the league table

You are entitled to your fabricated analogy, warped and twisted opinion.

Was there improvement under Aregbesola? Yes Or No?

1 Like

Re: Should Rauf Aregbesola Be Minister Of Education? by Grundig: 10:42pm On Jul 23, 2019
What is opon imo?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should Rauf Aregbesola Be Minister Of Education? by Gandollar(f): 10:47pm On Jul 23, 2019
plaindealer:

You are entitled to your fabricated analogy, warped and twisted opinion.

From the records, it was a technical improvement not actual

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should Rauf Aregbesola Be Minister Of Education? by Gandollar(f): 10:49pm On Jul 23, 2019
johnmartus:
I have made my point already miracle centers across the five states in southeast.
Hahahaha... read my siggy, your own na follow come

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should Rauf Aregbesola Be Minister Of Education? by plaindealer: 10:54pm On Jul 23, 2019
Gandollar:
From the records, it was a technical improvement not actual

What exactly is technical improvement and what is actual improvement?

1 Like

Re: Should Rauf Aregbesola Be Minister Of Education? by Hardeybaryor(m): 10:55pm On Jul 23, 2019
iammo:

same model school that is not occupied abi!
Re: Should Rauf Aregbesola Be Minister Of Education? by delpee(f): 10:57pm On Jul 23, 2019
plaindealer:

After building the world-class schools, they scored over 100% improvement in WASSCE and WAEC.

Now, who thought the students? Teachers or the world-class schools did the teaching?

How exactly do you score 110% improvement without good teachers? is it possible?

See how senseless you sound?

You people need to elevate above hatred and disgusting tribalism and stop sounding like illiterates.

Which 100% score/improvement? Osun was 29th out of 36 in 2018. Check the WAEC ranking.

Which tribalism? Osun is very well known to me and I am interested in her progress.

BTW learn to be a proper Omoluabi. Avoid rudeness. You can pass on a message without insults.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Rauf Aregbesola Be Minister Of Education? by fergie001: 10:57pm On Jul 23, 2019
Aregbesola, can't be made Minister of Education because near no-improvement even with his beef-up for reasons he can tell some other day.

He didn't build more schools, fanciful or not, than Amaechi....

Buhari should be advised to return Adamu Adamu(worse still) because he already is a familiar face with the Unions or place Dr. Ogbonnaya Onu there, who had been in the Academia for close to a decade (if not more) before joining politics.

Aregbesola should be advised for the Culture or Works Minister.
(He is infrastructure-crazy, moreover he could re-coup some that left with that close election last year).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should Rauf Aregbesola Be Minister Of Education? by kibraaminase(m): 11:03pm On Jul 23, 2019
I wish he should be made a works Minster, as a comm.in lagos state under tinubu he laid the foundation of mordern lagos

1 Like

Re: Should Rauf Aregbesola Be Minister Of Education? by plaindealer: 11:06pm On Jul 23, 2019
delpee:

Which 100% score/improvement? Osun was 29th out of 36 in 2018. Check the WAEC ranking.

Which tribalism? Osun is very well known to me and I am interested in her progress.

BTW learn to be a proper Omoluabi. Avoid rudeness. You can pass on a message without insults.

Osun records 113% improvement in WASSCE performance

Fresh information emanating from the West Africa Examination Council (WAEC) has shown a 113% improvement in the performance of students who wrote the May/June West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) in Osun state. The analysis of 10 years WASSCE results as seen in the table below, shows the increased dividends from the massive investments in education by the administration of Ogbeni Rauf

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/osun-records-113-improvement-wassce-performance/

I need you to answer the same question.

1 Like

Re: Should Rauf Aregbesola Be Minister Of Education? by plaindealer: 11:08pm On Jul 23, 2019
Hardeybaryor:

same model school that is not occupied abi!

So, the school children in Osun don't go to school, they just write exam and pass WAEC and WASSCE.?

You people dey try too hard not to make sense..

1 Like

Re: Should Rauf Aregbesola Be Minister Of Education? by Gandollar(f): 11:18pm On Jul 23, 2019
plaindealer:

What exactly is technical improvement and what is actual improvement?
Ok I'll rephrase my response. The improvement was only on paper as iit didn't reflect on the performance of the purported beneficiaries
Re: Should Rauf Aregbesola Be Minister Of Education? by Hardeybaryor(m): 11:27pm On Jul 23, 2019
plaindealer:

So, the school children in Osun don't go to school, they just write exam and pass WAEC and WASSCE.?

You people dey try too hard not to make sense..

please, have you been to Osun before? If you're a regular visitor to Osun state, next time you visit kindly observe my claim. Just after you leave Ibadan and you're entering Osun state, you will notice one of those model schools which is not occupied.
Re: Should Rauf Aregbesola Be Minister Of Education? by plaindealer: 11:31pm On Jul 23, 2019
Gandollar:
Ok I'll rephrase my response. The improvement was only on paper as iit didn't reflect on the performance of the purported beneficiaries

You mean performance in education improved in Osun state on paper, but the students responsible for the improved performance on paper did not benefit from the same improvements they put on paper?

How exactly did the improved performance get on your so-called paper? By abracadabra? grin

Were you smoking marijuana when you typed and posted that because you made zero sense?

You don't have to keep twisting yourself just because you are too chicken and cowardly to admit that education in Osun state faired better under Aregbesola.

1 Like

Re: Should Rauf Aregbesola Be Minister Of Education? by plaindealer: 11:32pm On Jul 23, 2019
Hardeybaryor:

please, have you been to Osun before? If you're a regular visitor to Osun state, next time you visit kindly observe my claim. Just after you leave Ibadan and you're entering Osun state, you will notice one of those model schools which is not occupied.

No, next time you visit Osun, take a picture of the empty school and post it on NL for us to see?

Empty ko, vacancy ni..
Re: Should Rauf Aregbesola Be Minister Of Education? by delpee(f): 11:45pm On Jul 23, 2019
plaindealer:

I need you to answer the same question.

If the improvement in 8 years only took Osun to 29th position, I don't see much progress. Besides I know people there, I visit too and I am not impressed by the standard of students from the public schools there. Some private schools are doing great no doubt.

Some of the new big schools seem empty to me. Yes, they're nicely built. How about the teachers? Poorly paid with little hope for gratuity/pension. How will they perform wonders?

I believe that it's a disgrace that any Yoruba state should be in the league of the less developed states in this day and age. Those of us who studied in the Western Region (up to a point) know the distinction between proper education and propaganda.
Re: Should Rauf Aregbesola Be Minister Of Education? by Hardeybaryor(m): 11:53pm On Jul 23, 2019
plaindealer:

No, next time you visit Osun, take a picture of the empty school and post it on NL for us to see?

Empty ko, vacancy ni..

For real! The all seeing eyes who has traveled through all the nooks and cranny of Osun. whedone sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should Rauf Aregbesola Be Minister Of Education? by plaindealer: 12:59am On Jul 24, 2019
delpee:

If the improvement in 8 years only took Osun to 29th position, I don't see much progress. Besides I know people there, I visit too and I am not impressed by the standard of students from the public schools there. Some private schools are doing great no doubt.

Some of the new big schools seem empty to me. Yes, they're nicely built. How about the teachers? Poorly paid with little hope for gratuity/pension. How will they perform wonders?

I believe that it's a disgrace that any Yoruba state should be in the league of the less developed states in this day and age. Those of us who studied in the Western Region (up to a point) know the distinction between proper education and propaganda.

You are entitled to your opinion and never your facts. I'm not here to debate your opinion, I'm here to challenge you with facts that performance in education improved under Aregbesola regardless of whatever position you are talking about.

Whatever happened before Argbesola should be directed to the governors before Argbesola.

Proof to us with facts that there was no improvement under Aregbesola and I'll prove you wrong with facts.

1 Like

Re: Should Rauf Aregbesola Be Minister Of Education? by suremanpatriot: 2:13am On Jul 24, 2019
...he can resume wearing sch uniform.
Re: Should Rauf Aregbesola Be Minister Of Education? by suremanpatriot: 2:14am On Jul 24, 2019
...he can resume wearing sch uniform
Re: Should Rauf Aregbesola Be Minister Of Education? by Blue3k(m): 4:31am On Jul 24, 2019
In sports terms the osun management (aregbesola) would be good but the team is still bad (Academic ranking). Yes they won more games from previous year but they're still not enough evidence to say they'll leap frog higher ranked states.

Another point is when you're ranked low you have plenty of room to improve. You can see it with stuff like IGR.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should Rauf Aregbesola Be Minister Of Education? by MrALIVE: 5:14am On Jul 24, 2019
johnmartus:
For the love of Rauf Aregbesola have for the education sector I think he will make good impact if he was assigned to supervise education sector in Nigeria.
Education was number one achievement of Aregbesola during his regime. Aregbesola built first class classrooms and he also introduced opon imon in both primary and secondary schools .Aregbesola was a pioneer of school feeding program.
Love him or hate him Aregbesola achievement in education sector in osun state can't be overlook.
that's the problem I have with some of you Nigerians.. unnecessary praise singers who are always enabling mediocrity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should Rauf Aregbesola Be Minister Of Education? by MrALIVE: 5:16am On Jul 24, 2019
iammo:

you don't have sense at all...so because he built secondary school blocks,he should be made a minister of education... mediocrity#

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Natasha Akpoti Picks PDP Senatorial Ticket For Kogi Central / Sanwo-olu Approved N73.1m For Tinubu’s Portrait, N44m For Vegetables / Obasanjo Accuses Buhari Of Corruption, Says He Tampered With EFCC And ICPC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.