Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,725 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

Why Don't Iphones Loose Value Like Other Brands - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Why Don't Iphones Loose Value Like Other Brands (1040 Views)

Power On-the-go With Yoobao& Other Brands: Laptop&phone Powerbanks & Solar Gener / Low Budget Laptops (35k Upward) Hp and other brands available / Lg Arx Brands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Don't Iphones Loose Value Like Other Brands by adecamp(m): 7:06pm On Jul 23, 2019
Hi guys. Let's discuss this please. Why do iPhones not lose value compared to other phones. For example: you can see a US used iphone X(2 years old phone) for 230k while the latest Samsung galaxy s10(latest) might not even be up to 200k. Why is this so ?. My seniors in the house let's discuss please
Re: Why Don't Iphones Loose Value Like Other Brands by onnairaland15: 7:20pm On Jul 23, 2019
adecamp:
Hi guys. Let's discuss this please. Why do iPhones not lose value compared to other phones. For example: you can see a US used iphone X(2 years old phone) for 230k while the latest Samsung galaxy s10(latest) might not even be up to 200k. Why is this so ?. My seniors in the house let's discuss please

For one obvious reason, which is long term continuity in terms of software updates. An iPhone 6 of 2014 was included in the latest iOS 13 update, is that not great?

And this is practically made possible because Apple has control over both hardware and software, so iOS is very well optimized for their iPhones. That's what Google is trying to replicate with the Pixel brand which has 3 Years sure updates, even though it still isn't much when they go head to head with iPhone.

Another thing, iPhone 6 that you're expecting to be laggy by now is even getting better with the recent updates, this is where iOS beats Android hands down.

Finally, in terms of architecture iPhones seem fast because they lack lots of features, which they continually and slowly introduce each year. You know they release features an Android device may have had 3 years before. With the way the iPhone is locked down and exempted from sweet customization available to Android users, the phone works less compared to Android phones.

To Jesus be my glory!

3 Likes

Re: Why Don't Iphones Loose Value Like Other Brands by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 7:28pm On Jul 23, 2019
adecamp:
iPhones have a sense of Class attached to them, Receive frequent software updates and Have great build quality...
The No 1 reason Samsung devices lose their value with time is the Display!!
Their screens are very expensive to replace and crack easier than others... Also easily suffer OLED burn in...
Checkout and you'll see that 70% of people who are reselling their Samsung flagships have a cracked screen.

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't Iphones Loose Value Like Other Brands by falcon01: 7:48pm On Jul 23, 2019
Samsung have lots of models note 9 s9 A9 M9 you get it? but apple is just straight i7 i7 iX,
Samsung is all about Making a better device interms of hardware every year but apple just create some junk and leave it like that and just keep Upgrading the OS, so if a new hardware is been made the previous one will be abandoned and will only get software updates while samsung Fans just want to get their hands on the latest cutting edge technology

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Iphones Loose Value Like Other Brands by Dipz: 8:06pm On Jul 23, 2019
Offpoint bro
falcon01:
Samsung have lots of models note 9 s9 A9 M9 you get it? but apple is just straight i7 i7 iX,
Samsung is all about Making a better device interms of hardware every year but apple just create some junk and leave it like that and just keep Upgrading the OS, so if a new hardware is been made the previous one will be abandoned and will only get software updates while samsung Fans just want to get their hands on the latest cutting edge technology
Re: Why Don't Iphones Loose Value Like Other Brands by Dipz: 8:15pm On Jul 23, 2019
Apple really put quality in their devices in terms of Hardware and software, For example An IPhone 6 camera to me is still better than an S7 Edge, putting their durability to test an IPhone 6 again takes it. Finally Apples Ios brings a difference unlike Android which has many competition. Apple stands the test of time and they always find a way to bring something different, trying not to copy other smartphone companies. E.g when the in screen fingerprint came out, almost all the lastest Android phones has it but Apple still uses Face I'd as their main form of security

So these are few out of many reasons why Apple don't lose much value in time.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Iphones Loose Value Like Other Brands by Offpoint: 8:22pm On Jul 23, 2019
Dipz:
Offpoint bro
leave me alone

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Iphones Loose Value Like Other Brands by O8074130304: 8:25pm On Jul 23, 2019
Dipz:
Apple really put quality in their devices in terms of Hardware and software, For example An IPhone 6 camera to me is still better than an S7 Edge, putting their durability to test an IPhone 6 again takes it. Finally Apples Ios brings a difference unlike Android which has many competition. Apple stands the test of time and they always find a way to bring something different, trying not to copy other smartphone companies. E.g when the in screen fingerprint came out, almost all the lastest Android phones has it but Apple still uses Face I'd as their main form of security

Offpoint bro

The only reason they're more expensive is because

1. they're generally expensive and overhyped, a brand new 2013 iPhone 6 can still be seen on jumia shelf at over a hundred thousand

2. Apple products are knows to be attached to luxury and most celebrities use it

3. You can't just buy an apple product anyhow because of the Icloud lock blabla... So before you even own a second hand iPhone you're sure of getting it from a right source of which the initial user would even sell at an outrageous price because he or she knows how much they got it brand new

4. Reason is, Nigerians believe anyone using iPhone is very rich.... So everyone wants to buy an iPhone to join the trend, Either because they want to fvck their landlord's daughter or they want to receive blohhjob from one useless Sluuut

Like in my area, s10 to them is trash, but anything with Apple logo is Gold to them
If you're holding an iPhone X....omo you Don fvck all the girls finish

NEVER COMPARE IPHONE 7+ DOWNWARDS CAMERA TO S7 EDGE....S7 EDGE CAMERA KILL AM HANDS DOWN, I'M CURRENTLY LOOKING AT MY 6S PLUS CAMERA AS TOTAL TRASH!.... THE ONLY THING SPECTACULAR ABOUT iPhone CAMERA IS PORTRAIT MODE

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Dragnet come and see

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Iphones Loose Value Like Other Brands by Dipz: 8:27pm On Jul 23, 2019
grin grin grin
O8074130304:

Offpoint bro
Re: Why Don't Iphones Loose Value Like Other Brands by falcon01: 8:28pm On Jul 23, 2019
Dipz:
Offpoint bro
lols.. I just poured it out! I dont even know how to organize it cheesy
Re: Why Don't Iphones Loose Value Like Other Brands by falcon01: 8:28pm On Jul 23, 2019
Dipz:
Offpoint bro
Re: Why Don't Iphones Loose Value Like Other Brands by falcon01: 8:37pm On Jul 23, 2019
Dipz:
Offpoint bro
Re: Why Don't Iphones Loose Value Like Other Brands by Dipz: 8:40pm On Jul 23, 2019
grin grin
Offpoint:

leave me alone
Re: Why Don't Iphones Loose Value Like Other Brands by Dipz: 8:41pm On Jul 23, 2019
I no hold you na
Dipz:
grin grin
Re: Why Don't Iphones Loose Value Like Other Brands by falcon01: 8:55pm On Jul 23, 2019
Dipz:
Offpoint bro
Re: Why Don't Iphones Loose Value Like Other Brands by foolbuster: 9:00pm On Jul 23, 2019
adecamp:

Iphones are unique for a couple of reasons and these reasons make them valuable thus they do not depreciate like other brands.

1) its os is strictly for its phones only. Apart from being awesome. It makes it exclusive and this adds value to the product. Unlike android.

2) Apple hardly make significant changes to next in line models. Most times they are exactly physically the same with only slight tweaking of internal hardware to boost performance at max 30% better than the predecessor. This is usually lower most times. This contributes to retaining the value of the former model.

3) All Iphones are premium phones and solidly built which is the reason no much significant difference are between immediate next in line models anyway. And they dont make so many models. So naturally it makes it expensive. Although its still overpriced.

4) Apple took advantage of its exclusivity. To build an ecosystem across its range of products, the icloud. This adds value to its products mostly to those that are already hooked.

And ofcourse the Apple factor.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Iphones Loose Value Like Other Brands by adecamp(m): 9:01pm On Jul 23, 2019
O8074130304:

Offpoint bro

The only reason they're more expensive is because

1. they're generally expensive and overhyped, a brand new 2013 iPhone 6 can still be seen on jumia shelf at over a hundred thousand

2. Apple products are knows to be attached to luxury and most celebrities use it

3. You can't just buy an apple product anyhow because of the Icloud lock blabla... So before you even own a second hand iPhone you're sure of getting it from a right source of which the initial user would even sell at an outrageous price because he or she knows how much they got it brand new

4. Reason is, Nigerians believe anyone using iPhone is very rich.... So everyone wants to buy an iPhone to join the trend, Either because they want to fvck their landlord's daughter or they want to receive blohhjob from one useless Sluuut

Like in my area, s10 to them is trash, but anything with Apple logo is Gold to them

NEVER COMPARE IPHONE 7+ DOWNWARDS CAMERA TO S7 EDGE....S7 EDGE CAMERA KILL AM HANDS DOWN, I'M CURRENTLY LOOKING AT MY 6S PLUS CAMERA AS TOTAL TRASH!.... THE ONLY THING SPECTACULAR ABOUT iPhone CAMERA IS PORTRAIT MODE

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Dragnet come and see
lol. Alot of people here would easily agree with you on this

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Iphones Loose Value Like Other Brands by adecamp(m): 9:03pm On Jul 23, 2019
Thanks to all my ogas for airing their minds. Please more contributions. We can actually use the brand "Apple" as a case study and apply their strategies to our personal business...just thinking out loud but who knows ?
Re: Why Don't Iphones Loose Value Like Other Brands by Dipz: 9:04pm On Jul 23, 2019
Onpoint
foolbuster:

Iphones are unique for a couple of reasons and these reasons make them valuable thus they do not depreciate like other brands.

1) its os is strictly for its phones only. Apart from being awesome. It makes it exclusive and this adds value to the product. Unlike android.

2) Apple hardly make significant changes to next in line models. Most times they are exactly physically the same with only slight tweaking of internal hardware to boost performance at max 30% better than the predecessor. This is usually lower most times. This contributes to retaining the value of the former model.

3) All Iphones are premium phones and solidly built which is the reason no much significant difference are between immediate next in line models anyway. And they dont make so many models. So naturally it makes it expensive. Although its still overpriced.

4) Apple took advantage of its exclusivity. To build an ecosystem across its range of products, the icloud. This adds value to its products mostly to those that are already hooked.

And ofcourse the Apple factor.
Re: Why Don't Iphones Loose Value Like Other Brands by adecamp(m): 9:07pm On Jul 23, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:

iPhones have a sense of Class attached to them, Receive frequent software updates and Have great build quality...
The No 1 reason Samsung devices lose their value with time is the Display!!
Their screens are very expensive to replace and crack easier than others... Also easily suffer OLED burn in...
Checkout and you'll see that 70% of people who are reselling their Samsung flagships have a cracked screen.
so we can also say a lot of iPhones have more cheaper parts (talking especially about the screen which is prone to crack by an average individual) right ?
Re: Why Don't Iphones Loose Value Like Other Brands by Safari24(m): 10:11pm On Jul 23, 2019
This is me trying to air my own opinion.. I think the OS plays a major role.. Google owns andriod, and the OS can be used by almost any company producing a smart phone, that's if the company wish to adhere the rules and regulations guiding the use of the OS.. But for Apple, their IOS is meant for 0nly their devices. Samsung phones can't use IOS... Because of the fact that there over 40+ companies producing phones with Android OS, makes the phone cheaper. Because 0f too many competitions regarding dragging the market share.
Secondly apple produces an average of like only 3 to 4 smart phones yearly, while Samsung has lots of smart phones. And in economics scarcity brings about high value, which in turn affects prices.

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't Iphones Loose Value Like Other Brands by Emaql8a: 2:49am On Jul 24, 2019
U have all said it all
Re: Why Don't Iphones Loose Value Like Other Brands by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 7:21am On Jul 24, 2019
Dipz:

Did you just say they "Try not to copy other phonemakers" That's so not true bro, Apple waits for to implement features that other android phone makers already have and they market it as innovation!!
Durability is subjective... The only weak point of Samsung devices is their screens apart from that they are not built less durable than Apple's!!

(1) (Reply)

Clean Samsung S7 Edge For Sale / Anyone Using Mi Tv? Jump In... / Used Samsung J6+ For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.