Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,297 members, 7,957,755 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 07:15 PM

Russian Boxer, Maxim Dadashev Dies After Fight - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Russian Boxer, Maxim Dadashev Dies After Fight (45648 Views)

Moment: Neymar Gave Man Of The Match Award To Maxim Moting / Nigerian-born Boxer Bilal Fawaz Who Chose England Over Nigeria Faces Deportation / After Fight, Mayweather Parties In Style With His N1billion Bugatti(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russian Boxer, Maxim Dadashev Dies After Fight by planetx: 2:55am On Jul 24, 2019
KingSango:
Wow
Don't be ignorant, the picture was taking from the orbiter and the craft in the picture is the lander. The astronaut in the orbiter never stepped foot on the moon but was orbiting above.
Re: Russian Boxer, Maxim Dadashev Dies After Fight by adeniyisamuel59(m): 3:04am On Jul 24, 2019
Esomchi800:
God someone should help me here abeg
I am just jobless at home
write your application and submit to the barber shop Igbo Elerin, Ibadan.
Re: Russian Boxer, Maxim Dadashev Dies After Fight by mexicocity: 3:51am On Jul 24, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I would have said Rest in Peace to him but I know that anyone that dies from fighting is going straight to hell.

My God is a peace lover.
so you are still alive...
Re: Russian Boxer, Maxim Dadashev Dies After Fight by Bamss1(m): 4:06am On Jul 24, 2019
starbuck:
And someone will come and tell me that those fights are film tricks undecided undecided

NwaAmaikpe, olia grin grin
Boxing is not, WWF is.
Re: Russian Boxer, Maxim Dadashev Dies After Fight by azpekuliar: 4:18am On Jul 24, 2019
DimkpaBini:
Na wa o.Boxing is a very brutal sport.It's all fine and good when you're winning but chances are that one day, you'll jam someone who's better than you.His team even wanted to throw in the towel but he refused.

And to think Deontay Wilder said he wanted a body on his record.I can't forget the brutal knockout of Breazeale in his last fight.I don't know how that guy managed to leave the ring that day.

The Breazeale knockout is not as frightening as the Artur Szpilka knockout by Wilder too.
Re: Russian Boxer, Maxim Dadashev Dies After Fight by mcscott7jarkins(m): 4:42am On Jul 24, 2019
Jaymaq:
Like the WBC Champion, Deontay Wilder will always say, "You gotta respect us. Every time we step onto that ring, we are risking our lives. The head is never meant to be hit."

true........
Re: Russian Boxer, Maxim Dadashev Dies After Fight by PlanBIncome(m): 4:59am On Jul 24, 2019
Overdose of cocaine I presume undecided
Re: Russian Boxer, Maxim Dadashev Dies After Fight by MacMkboy(m): 5:09am On Jul 24, 2019
KingSango:
Wow

Many Of Us Have Believed For A Long Time That Nasa Moon Landing Was Fake.
Re: Russian Boxer, Maxim Dadashev Dies After Fight by greensandy: 5:24am On Jul 24, 2019
Jaymaq:
Like the WBC Champion, Deontay Wilder will always say, "You gotta respect us. Every time we step onto that ring, we are risking our lives. The head is never meant to be hit."

Who sent them?!
Re: Russian Boxer, Maxim Dadashev Dies After Fight by femi4: 5:27am On Jul 24, 2019
starbuck:
And someone will come and tell me that those fights are film tricks undecided undecided

Is this wrestling ....Wrestling is entertainment that's why its WWE. Boxing is real
Re: Russian Boxer, Maxim Dadashev Dies After Fight by Jakumo(m): 5:56am On Jul 24, 2019
Boxing, which entails taking punches to the head in exchange for a paycheck, has got to rank among the most dangerous jobs on earth. All it takes is ONE solid impact to the cranium, and the recipient could wind up brain-damaged, or dead.

Perhaps in a few decades from now, boxing will be banned as a spectator sport, and only taught as a self-defense option, to be used only when under attack on the mean streets.

In ancient Rome, unleashing wild lions into huge arenas, to attack sword-wielding gladiators, was a national sport that emperors attended. Many deaths and dismemberment episodes later, that sport was banned. The same is very likely for boxing, in the fullness of time.

6 Likes

Re: Russian Boxer, Maxim Dadashev Dies After Fight by Juventus4life: 6:01am On Jul 24, 2019
starbuck:

the film tricks is wrestling not boxing
Re: Russian Boxer, Maxim Dadashev Dies After Fight by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 6:20am On Jul 24, 2019
starbuck:

wrestling is film trick while boxing is real
Re: Russian Boxer, Maxim Dadashev Dies After Fight by jayextra(m): 7:37am On Jul 24, 2019
godofuck231:
elders this is a type of foreign kola pull the pin and eat hard immediately
Traditions says the Kolanut host has to taste it first grin

So my son do justice to it grin

Re: Russian Boxer, Maxim Dadashev Dies After Fight by wink2015(m): 8:13am On Jul 24, 2019
References:
Russian boxer Maxim Dadashev has died from brain injuries sustained in a fight in Maryland, the Russian boxing federation announced on Tuesday.
“Maxim Dadashev has died in the United States following injuries sustained during his fight with Subriel Matias,” the federation said in a statement.

The 28-year-old underwent emergency brain surgery in Washington after his super-lightweight bout with Puerto Rican Matias on Friday was stopped after the 11th round by his cornerman James “Buddy” McGirt.

Dadashev, known as “Mad Max”, was unable to walk to the dressing room and was immediately hospitalised.

Doctors operated to relieve pressure from swelling on his brain.

McGirt, who said after the fight he “couldn’t convince” his fighter to stop but opted to throw in the towel when he saw him “getting hit with more and more clean shots as the fight went on,” told ESPN on Tuesday he was wracking his brain wondering if he could have done things differently.

“It just makes you realize what type of sport we’re in, man,” McGirt told ESPN — which streamed the fight on its ESPN+ platform.

“He did everything right in training, no problems, no nothing. My mind is like really running crazy, right now. Like what could I have done differently? But at the end of the day, everything was fine (in training).

“He seemed OK, he was ready, but it’s the sport that we’re in. It just takes one punch, man.”

Russian boxing chief Umar Kremlev told Russian media that Dadashev’s body would be repatriated home and that his family would receive financial aid.

Dadashev’s widow, Elizaveta Apushkina, also issued a statement, confirming the fighter’s death “with great sadness.

“He was a very kind person who fought until the very end. Our son will continue be raised to be a great man like his father,” she said of the St. Petersburg-born fighter who trained in Oxnard, California.

Dadashev took an unbeaten 13-0 record into the 140-pound non-title fight.

Dadashev, whose manager Egis Klimas also handles Vasiliy Lomachenko and Sergey Kovalev, turned pro in April of 2016 and relocated to Southern California to pursue his ring ambitions, eventually signing with promoters Top Rank.

Top Rank chairman Bob Arum issued a statement recalling Dadashev as “a terrific young man.”

ESPN, which streamed the bout on ESPN+, also issued a statement.

“Our heartfelt thoughts are with Dadashev’s family, friends, trainers and the team at Top Rank,” the statement said.

Dadashev was rated in the top five by two world sanctioning organizations going into Friday’s fight in suburban Washington DC, an elimination bout for the right to become mandatory challenger for Josh Taylor’s IBF title.

Matias dominated, and after the 11th round McGirt could be heard telling Dadashev “I’m going to stop it, Max,” even as Dadashev shook his head.McGirt, himself a former two-weight world champion, then told the referee: “That’s it.”

https://m.guardian.ng/sport/russian-boxer-maxim-dadashev-dies-after-fight/

Boxing is not an easy sports.

I celebrate Mike Tyson, George Foreman, Evander Holyfield, Lennox Lewis, Late Muhammed Alli etc

These guys went through the darkside of boxing and lived to tell their story.
Re: Russian Boxer, Maxim Dadashev Dies After Fight by Nobody: 9:01am On Jul 24, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I would have said Rest in Peace to him but I know that anyone that dies from fighting is going straight to hell.

My God is a peace lover.
welcome back.
Re: Russian Boxer, Maxim Dadashev Dies After Fight by niggadee(m): 9:14am On Jul 24, 2019
Leave story how many ppls you know go to hell come back come tell u say hell exist
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

My God is a peace lover.

1 Like

Re: Russian Boxer, Maxim Dadashev Dies After Fight by tomsingun4(m): 10:05am On Jul 24, 2019
Emily22:
This kind of blow can make u remember that song 'Ese o paniyan loju e ri ese ese oo ese ma npaniyan...'
dude you're a legend bro ,the song just made me remember Dipo sodipo aka Pope"

1 Like

Re: Russian Boxer, Maxim Dadashev Dies After Fight by Preshob(m): 10:29am On Jul 24, 2019
starbuck:

this is "Boxing" not Wrestling (WWE)
Re: Russian Boxer, Maxim Dadashev Dies After Fight by Btruth: 10:51am On Jul 24, 2019
Cancel boxing now as sport. I repeat, CANCEL BOXING NOW!
Re: Russian Boxer, Maxim Dadashev Dies After Fight by godofuck231: 11:09am On Jul 24, 2019
jayextra:

Traditions says the Kolanut host has to taste it first grin

So my son do justice to it grin
die by lap dance you cassava
Re: Russian Boxer, Maxim Dadashev Dies After Fight by jayextra(m): 12:11pm On Jul 24, 2019
godofuck231:
grin grin u still couldn't pass a message.

I believe people like you exist as a punishment to people with actual sense.
Re: Russian Boxer, Maxim Dadashev Dies After Fight by jayextra(m): 12:11pm On Jul 24, 2019
godofuck231:

Re: Russian Boxer, Maxim Dadashev Dies After Fight by jayextra(m): 12:12pm On Jul 24, 2019
godofuck231:

Re: Russian Boxer, Maxim Dadashev Dies After Fight by Opeyemix007(m): 12:42pm On Jul 24, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
:Chief Judge

My God is a peace lover.

Re: Russian Boxer, Maxim Dadashev Dies After Fight by BluntBoy(m): 12:43pm On Jul 24, 2019
starbuck:

You are confusing boxing with World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE).

Boxing is real, but WWE is scripted.
Re: Russian Boxer, Maxim Dadashev Dies After Fight by BluntBoy(m): 12:46pm On Jul 24, 2019
Jakumo:
Boxing, which entails taking punches to the head in exchange for a paycheck, has got to rank among the most dangerous jobs on earth. All it takes is ONE solid impact to the cranium, and the recipient could wind up brain-damaged, or dead.

Perhaps in a few decades from now, boxing will be banned as a spectator sport, and only taught as a self-defense option, to be used only when under attack on the mean streets.

In ancient Rome, unleashing wild lions into huge arenas, to attack sword-wielding gladiators, was a national sport that emperors attended. Many deaths and dismemberment episodes later, that sport was banned. The same is very likely for boxing, in the fullness of time.

You have said nothing but the TRUTH.

Whenever a boxer dies, there is always a revisit of public condemnation. Very soon, boxing would have to be banned.
Re: Russian Boxer, Maxim Dadashev Dies After Fight by BluntBoy(m): 12:49pm On Jul 24, 2019
Basher8583:

Na boxing you still dey talk. How about MMA. That one na death wish fight. Do brutal and bloody

MMA is worse. I wonder how they allow MMA as a spectator sport.
Re: Russian Boxer, Maxim Dadashev Dies After Fight by Babaheekmat: 1:05pm On Jul 24, 2019
This is part of the reason Islam forbids boxing
Re: Russian Boxer, Maxim Dadashev Dies After Fight by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jul 24, 2019
starbuck:

Na only wrestling
Re: Russian Boxer, Maxim Dadashev Dies After Fight by MRAKBEE(m): 9:52am On Jul 25, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

My God is a peace lover.
U believe in that fantasy called heaven and hell?
This is your only heaven bro.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Iran Vs Portugal: World Cup (1 - 1) - Final / ‘Leaked’ Ballon D’or List Reveals Robert Lewandowski As Winner / Ousmane Dembele Fined €10,000 For Leaving Rented Home ‘like A Dustbin’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.