Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,879 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

Shiites Protest: Sheikh El-Zakzaky Not Above The Law - Junaid Mohammed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shiites Protest: Sheikh El-Zakzaky Not Above The Law - Junaid Mohammed (343 Views)

Shiites Protest Along Keffi-Abuja Highway / Iran Shiites Protest At Nigerian Embassy In London Over El-Zakzaky (Video, Photo / Charly Boy Joins Shiites' Protest In Abuja(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shiites Protest: Sheikh El-Zakzaky Not Above The Law - Junaid Mohammed by nairavsdollars(f): 7:09am On Jul 24, 2019
Temidayo Akinsuyi

Lagos – Junaid Mohammed, a Second Republic House of Representatives member and public affairs analyst has said he cannot ask the Federal government to release the leader of the Islamic Movement of Nigeria (IMN) , Sheikh Ibraheem El-Zakzaky owing to the violent acts of his followers.

Speaking in a chat with Daily Independent, Junaid who condemned the killing of Usman Umar, a Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) and others during the fracas on Monday said Sheikh Zakzaky is not above the law.

“Let me be honest with you, even if I have the mind to for the federal government to release him, now I will not ask the federal government to release him. Nigeria is a state governed by the rule of law”.

“ If some people, due to religious, political or social beliefs decide to go violent and in the process, we lost a very senior police officer and you are now asking the federal government to release him? Who is he?”

“As far as I am concerned, he is not above the law. I believe both individuals and the government should respect the rule of law” he said.
https://www.independent.ng/why-i-wont-ask-fg-to-release-el-zakzaky-junaid-mohammed/?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook

Re: Shiites Protest: Sheikh El-Zakzaky Not Above The Law - Junaid Mohammed by nrexzy: 7:12am On Jul 24, 2019
Word..
Re: Shiites Protest: Sheikh El-Zakzaky Not Above The Law - Junaid Mohammed by udoka55555: 7:37am On Jul 24, 2019
They want to know if he is still alive
Re: Shiites Protest: Sheikh El-Zakzaky Not Above The Law - Junaid Mohammed by Nobody: 7:52am On Jul 24, 2019
He mentioned obedience of rule of law 3 times in the article and still blame the Shiites...

Well, they are getting hardened and gradually welcoming suicide missions, they are not bokoharam, or herdsmen who are majorly stationed in a particular region.. they are mixed with the populace in all regions with international ties.
Re: Shiites Protest: Sheikh El-Zakzaky Not Above The Law - Junaid Mohammed by etrouble: 7:53am On Jul 24, 2019
udoka55555:
They want to know if he is still alive

If he is dead nko? What will his followers do? He and his followers are violent and Buhari is teaching them how to behave in a civil society.
Re: Shiites Protest: Sheikh El-Zakzaky Not Above The Law - Junaid Mohammed by etrouble: 7:55am On Jul 24, 2019
Esseite:
He mentioned obedience of rule of law 3 times in the article and still blame the Shiites...

Well, they are getting hardened and gradually welcoming suicide missions, they are not bokoharam, or herdsmen who are majorly stationed in a particular region.. they are mixed with the populace.

The High Court ruled that their violent leader be released but the FG has appealed the judgement at a higher court which is yet to give its own judgement. So, I who is breaking the law now?
Re: Shiites Protest: Sheikh El-Zakzaky Not Above The Law - Junaid Mohammed by FarahAideed: 8:00am On Jul 24, 2019
Seems this man is drunk !!! Is Buhari now the law of Nigeria ? The law has told Buhari many time to release the man and Buhari has refused ..Is Buhari not the one trying to be above the law here?
Re: Shiites Protest: Sheikh El-Zakzaky Not Above The Law - Junaid Mohammed by Nobody: 8:00am On Jul 24, 2019
etrouble:

The High Court ruled that their violent leader be released but the FG has appealed the judgement at a higher court which is yet to give its own judgement. So, I who is breaking the law now?

Atleast obey the initial judgement on bail first while the appeal goes on in court to create a sense of balance and respect for the rule of law..
Re: Shiites Protest: Sheikh El-Zakzaky Not Above The Law - Junaid Mohammed by AustineE1: 8:02am On Jul 24, 2019
..is the federal govt above the law?why has both kaduna and federal govt refuse to obey the courts of competent jurisdiction that has since ordered his release.
Junaid seems to have selective amnesia and i sometimes wonder if this man ever had any form of formal education,he is part of the disaster and shame known as present day Nigeria.
Re: Shiites Protest: Sheikh El-Zakzaky Not Above The Law - Junaid Mohammed by hisexcellency34: 8:05am On Jul 24, 2019
Yes, I agree to that. The man should call his followers to order
Re: Shiites Protest: Sheikh El-Zakzaky Not Above The Law - Junaid Mohammed by Ruggedniggaone: 8:11am On Jul 24, 2019
las las na northerners go suffer am pas when they become full terrorist you guys are tagging them you failed to speak out against the killing of bokoharam leader who dey suffer am now kontinue we will be here to always give you R.I.P

(1) (Reply)

How Kwara Governor, Abdul-razaq Reacted To Saraki, Lai Mohammed’s Nomination / Governor Akeredolu Re-inventing Ondo State / 25 Facts About Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.