Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,436 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

OPINION: Pastor Bakare Speaks On Fake Prophecy Despite His Own Prophetic Failure - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / OPINION: Pastor Bakare Speaks On Fake Prophecy Despite His Own Prophetic Failure (312 Views)

Pastor Bakare Mocks Bishop Oyedepo For ‘Making Noise About His Private Jet’ / OPINION: Pastor Adeboye Missed The Mark On TB Joshua’s Coronavirus Prophecy! / Tunde Bakare's Latter Rain Assembly Changes Name To Dominion Hall Citadel Global (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

OPINION: Pastor Bakare Speaks On Fake Prophecy Despite His Own Prophetic Failure by J8520456: 6:00pm On Jul 24, 2019
*I just read the below on Facebook...

According to a report in Sahara Reporters, the Serving Overseer of the Latter Rain Assembly, Pastor Tunde Bakare, says many Nigerian pastors get away with fake prophecies because their members fail to challenge them when the prophecies don’t come true.

Whilst his assertion remains true, I think it pertinent to note that Bakare is not in the best position to give tips of the prophetic - given his own record of wrong predictions.

In October 2006, Bakare said - according to an article in Punch Newspaper - “Let me tell you the truth by the Spirit of God, neither (President Olusegun Obasanjo), OBJ, Atiku (Abubakar), IBB and this tall one, (Muhammadu) Buhari are part of the new. They are part of the old that is decaying. That old one is passing away. The new is emerging and these ones are not part of that new.’ “

Intriguingly, he was a Vice Presidential candidate to Buhari in 2011 and the 'old' now rests atop the seat of power in Nigeria.

Further back in March 1999, Bakare prophesied President Olusegun Obasanjo's impending death.

"In a vision, I eavesdropped on the conversation going on in the Heaven. I saw Jesus on the throne called the seat of the Governor and the subject they were discussing was Nigeria. This was what came out of the lips of the Lord: 'Obasanjo is not your messiah. He is King Agag and the prophetic axe will fall upon his head before May 29.' "

OBJ, as we all know, ruled Nigeria for two terms - even trying to take the reins on a third occasion - and is still alive and still making public commentary on Nigeria currently.

My point is very simply this - I don't think Bakare should pick such a topic in his sermons as it only highlight his own past prophetic failings.

Re: OPINION: Pastor Bakare Speaks On Fake Prophecy Despite His Own Prophetic Failure by Aidejay(m): 6:35pm On Jul 24, 2019
See what Nigerians have turned prophesy to
Bet9ja
Chai!

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Pastor Drives Devil Out Of A Man By Beating & Punching Him(pics,video / Call God Name In Your Language / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.