Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,580 members, 7,812,897 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:32 PM

Igbo Nation Has Been Drifting Backwards Since They Made Yoruba Nation Enemy - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbo Nation Has Been Drifting Backwards Since They Made Yoruba Nation Enemy (661 Views)

The Myth Of A Pre-civil War Igbo Nation / 12 True Facts You Have Never Heard About The Yoruba Nation / Nollywood Is Going Backwards? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Nation Has Been Drifting Backwards Since They Made Yoruba Nation Enemy by Mraphel: 8:48pm On Jul 24, 2019
Do you know hate against the the Yorubas has it's consequences on we Igbos.? Kindly give me a minute of your time to take you through what I have personally observed here In Nigeria.

I'm Igbo by the way, I will give an insight into the constraints experienced by the igbos ever since we've made Yoruba people our enemies.

1. We have been assassinated politically and relegated to third class citizen in our own country. Our prayers is that Hausa fulanis we've also lampooned so much should merge with us in 2023 for us to become the vice president we are agitating for.

2. The land sales to the Igbos in Yoruba land has greatly depreciated over the years. No one wants to sell land to the Igbos in Yoruba land.

3.Igbos has lost it all, in Lagos we do not have a voice anymore not even a political appointee in Lagos politics

4.Yoruba people has stop marrying our women therefore intra tribal marriages amongst Igbos and Yorubas has greatly reduced which has more consequences to the Igbos.

5. Insulting Yoruba people has made Hausas and Fulanis we also hate to Rejoice and conquered Igbos up like a slave up north. They have stricter their rules which Igbos must adhere to in their lands. You cannot drink ordinary beer talk less of selling among others.

6. Igbos are now the most looked down upon tribe in Nigeria which is very lumbigious and disturbing.

Add yours

Lalasticlala lalasticlala mynd44
Re: Igbo Nation Has Been Drifting Backwards Since They Made Yoruba Nation Enemy by Mraphel: 8:56pm On Jul 24, 2019
Let's stop hating
Re: Igbo Nation Has Been Drifting Backwards Since They Made Yoruba Nation Enemy by Chuks9000: 9:02pm On Jul 24, 2019
I find your post very disturbing.
Firstly, charity they say begins at home. You cannot expect to have anything in a government you didn't help to form. Wait for your turn.
Secondly, land purchase is not your birth right. Go home and invest.
What voice? Nothing in life is permanent. If they allowed you for a while and decided to relegate you later, it is only natural.
But my worry is that you have not educated yourself on how the government work around you let alone to know how to demand performance.
As a citizen, demand for performance irrespective of the face of the government.
Stop the tribal arguement cause it has taken us nowhere.
I seriously doubt your igbo claim as all you have said has no basis.
Re: Igbo Nation Has Been Drifting Backwards Since They Made Yoruba Nation Enemy by Abdul05: 9:07pm On Jul 24, 2019
If we could learn to hate ,we could also learn to love.And let's forget about who was more to blame -it's all past history.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Nation Has Been Drifting Backwards Since They Made Yoruba Nation Enemy by kernniejay(m): 9:42pm On Jul 24, 2019
Unfortunately, a lot of igbos here will tear the writer down like a tiger tears it prey. Only mature igbos will see sense in this post and comment reasonably. The level of hatred or probably jealousy is too much between the igbos and yoruba not only on Nairaland but in the general public as a whole. I don't know how we got to this level of intolerance, unnecessary rivalry and enmity.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Nation Has Been Drifting Backwards Since They Made Yoruba Nation Enemy by FisifunKododada: 2:50am On Jul 25, 2019
cool cool cool cool
Re: Igbo Nation Has Been Drifting Backwards Since They Made Yoruba Nation Enemy by Harlem2(m): 3:21pm On Jul 25, 2019
Still wondering why super rich or rich Yoruba don't build or buy properties in other part of the country.
Re: Igbo Nation Has Been Drifting Backwards Since They Made Yoruba Nation Enemy by goldenarrow: 9:09pm On Jul 25, 2019
Harlem2:
Still wondering why super rich or rich Yoruba don't build or buy properties in other part of the country.

Well, as a man of many parts, I can answer you in my own little way.

• Yorubaland is a land where there is already the advantage of diverse cultures doing diverse businesses.

• It was at initially viewed as a disadvantage, but today it has come to be an advantage. (A typical Yoruba man in the 1940s to the late '60s would believe there were too many strangers in their lands, but today the diversity has given rise to many economic opportunities).

• Decently large land mass.

• There are few regions as advantaged (thriving industrial places, the most thriving Seaport and Airports) and hospitable (large pool of skilled and semi-skilled labour) as SW in Nigeria today.

• Good weather.

• Relative peace and security

• Advantage of having the commercial capital of Nigeria (Lagos) close to their region.

• From these indices you can understand the reasons.

• Be free to develop other points from these.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Obobo Soup, The Special Igbo Soup Awka People Use To Cement Marriages / 11 Facts You Probably Don't Know About The Igbos / Acute Appendicitis: Symptoms, Treatment, Diagnosis, Pain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.