Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,038 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

4 Habits Of Highly Effective & Successful Entrepreneurs YOU NEED NOW! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 4 Habits Of Highly Effective & Successful Entrepreneurs YOU NEED NOW! (322 Views)

10 Shocking Secrets Of The World's Most Successful Entrepreneurs You Never Knew! / 4 Habits Of Financially Smart People / 4 Habits Of Financially Smart People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Habits Of Highly Effective & Successful Entrepreneurs YOU NEED NOW! by WordpressPhysco: 7:38am On Jul 25, 2019
I have been a small-business owner for approximately two years now. What a ride it’s been! But it has never been so easy. Being an entrepreneur is not easy. At times, problems will be queuing to hit you on the head. The amazing thing is, you can surmount with the right attitude (easier said than done)

The road to small-business ownership can be a rough and rocky one, but I can tell you that I have learned a great deal along the way. Here, I will share with you the top 7 habits that I have come to believe all new entrepreneurs should cultivate. There are common characteristics of successful entrepreneurs, but these tips focus on action and what you need to do to find success.

1. Focus on Customer Service

This is one thing the WHITES use more and above us in Business. They va;ue their customers. But thank God for some great Nigerian Service industries.

Of course, Customer service is of utmost importance to all businesses, but especially new ones. We have all experienced bad customer service – perhaps at a major retailer, perhaps from an online shop. I will never understand why these companies don’t get it: customer service is king! At the onset, building your customer base is key to the success of your small business.

After having worked so hard to build this customer base, why would you do anything to jeopardize it? Take care of your customers (in fact, coddle them) in any way that you can. Don’t let them take advantage of you, but top-notch service in the beginning could very well create customers for life!

2. Track Your Progress

I can still recall the days of having to check my Google Analytics cool to see my progress, at a point, I was too nervous not to be checking on it again,. But this is not applied in other spheres of our Business.

Once you’ve set your goals, you need to track your progress. I have noticed that a lot of first-time small-business owners fail because they do not recognize what is working and what isn’t. If you launch a certain marketing initiative, track it to monitor its effectiveness.

If it’s not working after a certain period of time, then scrap it. If it works, build on it and see where it takes you. Capitalize on the things that work for you, and evaluate and revamp the ideas that don’t produce results.

3. Always Stay Positive

I have seen it with my own eyes far too many times – brand new small business owners who have great concepts but simply give up too early. Realize one thing: It’s going to be tough in the beginning.

According to MoneyCrashers.com, you are going to make small business mistakes and there are going to be times when you just want to forget the whole thing. But if you believe in your core ideals, and you maintain a positive attitude throughout all the trials and tribulations, chances are that you will emerge better off. Never lose your optimism, and stay upbeat during any initial obstacles you may encounter.

4. ”Give Them What They Want, Sell Them What They Need”
This is the ultimate..

These are by far the best words of wisdom I have heard in my time as an entrepreneur. Initially, giveaways are more than likely going to have to be a part of your business plan.

However, if you play your cards right, you can give your customers what they want for free, and hook them by selling them what they need. Giveaways do not have to eat up a large portion of your budget. Depending on your business, you might offer a gift card, a free e-book download, or something of that nature. Dangle that carrot in front of them as a freebie, then get them to pony up for what they need – your product or service.

Over to you...

Do you want to learn how to Sell Them What They Need and scale your business? If yes, then this is for you.

The Science of becoming a Live Breathing Cash Machine - https://www.naijasidehustler.com.ng/2019/07/how-bishop-oyedepos-book-moved-me-from.html

Re: 4 Habits Of Highly Effective & Successful Entrepreneurs YOU NEED NOW! by RiyaGoddess(f): 7:41am On Jul 25, 2019
Yes Very True...Read my signature

If God is your refuge, why would you fear an adversary? For God has given you the authority and power to defeat your enemies. Nothing I repeat Nothing can harm you Luke 10-19.
Good Morning FAM. The God who never sleeps nor slumber will Preserve our going out and coming in today. Amin

*Shilekunola*

2 Likes

Re: 4 Habits Of Highly Effective & Successful Entrepreneurs YOU NEED NOW! by WordpressPhysco: 7:48am On Jul 25, 2019
Thank you RIYA.

I'm glad it has helped...
Re: 4 Habits Of Highly Effective & Successful Entrepreneurs YOU NEED NOW! by icon02(m): 8:19am On Jul 25, 2019
These tips are priceless especially the first one.
They repeat it to you every day in business school to emphasize its importance.
Tracking... you need to have key metrics to know if you are growing or not. Set goals per time, strategize to achieve the goals, ACT... implement the strategy then evaluate if your goal is achieved over the set time
Re: 4 Habits Of Highly Effective & Successful Entrepreneurs YOU NEED NOW! by WordpressPhysco: 11:14am On Jul 25, 2019
icon02:
These tips are priceless especially the first one.
They repeat it to you every day in business school to emphasize its importance.
Tracking... you need to have key metrics to know if you are growing or not. Set goals per time, strategize to achieve the goals, ACT... implement the strategy then evaluate if your goal is achieved over the set time

Thanks ICON02

(1) (Reply)

VIDEO: Deadline On Mutilated Naira Notes Is Nearby / Advice! Family Car For Uber/taxify. / No 1 Social Booster In Africa - Buy Followers, Likes, Views Etc Cheap Prices - T

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.