Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,964 members, 7,821,390 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

“A Stab In The Heart” – A Playloaded Short Story! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / “A Stab In The Heart” – A Playloaded Short Story! (414 Views)

The Heart � Robber / A Lonely Heart (A Story) / The 2018 Commonwealth Short Story Prize Is Open For Entries. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

“A Stab In The Heart” – A Playloaded Short Story! by Playloaded: 8:12am On Jul 25, 2019

Angelina paced up and down the hall with tears flowing freely down her cheeks as she watched the nurses hurry up and down, they wouldn’t tell her what was wrong with her husband, she wish they would just talk to her after all its her husband and she needs to know his fate.

Its so unbelievable what headache and high temperature can turn into, she had gotten home around 3pm, she still had about two other meetings to attend but she had cut them off because of her sick husband, and had gotten home to meet his unconscious body.

Angelina loved her husband so much and he knew that but she was a career woman and she still is, and he knew this and still married her, her work is a very demanding one, time taking and stressful, business trips, meetings, conference calls, and the likes, she was climbing up the cooperate ladder and she was doing that very fast, yes! Her husband is successful too, a pharmacist, less demanding work, he goes to work around 8 or 9am in the morning and returns home around 4 to 5pm in the evening.

She returns home to her husband around 9pm to 10pm in the evening, no time to cook, to do house chores or to make love all night long like he likes it, but they always have saturdays and sundays to themselves, after house chores, washing, cooking and running errands, and that has never been enough for her husband and they still argued and argued and argued.

He asked her to quit her work, he said he would take care of her and even though she knew he would, she was addicted to work and no one could stop her, now she wished she had listened to him and resigned, maybe get another work, a less demanding one, he wanted to have children but she was not ready, even though she had no idea when she would be ready, she was a selfish b---h, a self centred idiot! and she knew this.

As she watched the nurses move about, she had time to reflect on her past, he had made her happy and she had been ungrateful, she had taken her work more important than she had taken her marriage, he could have left her and married someone else or he could have decided to bring in another woman but he didn’t, he hoped she could come to her senses soon but she didn’t until it got her where she is today.

As the doctor walked towards her, her heart skipped a beat and she recalled the last conversation she had with her husband.....

“Angelina, don’t go to work today, I am sick, I need you here with me”.

“Oh come on sweetheart, its just headache” she had replied.

“And dizziness, I need to go to the hospital, but I can’t drive like this” he had answered.

“We have meetings with our international clients today, I will be back as soon as the meeting is over” she had said while putting on her coat.

“You can’t leave me like this”.

”why are you trying to make a scene out of this” she had replied.

“How can your work be more important than my health” he had shouted at her.

“I will be back early” she had shouted back.

“You are going nowhere” he had commanded.

“Its not like you can stop me” she had replied and left, she wished she could take those words back.

If her husband should survive this, she would quit her job and spend the rest of her life making up for it.

“How is my husband” she asked the doctor.

“Why didn’t you bring him earlier, you should have” the doctor replied.

“It was just headache” she answered with a shaking voice.

“I am sorry, we lost him” the doctor said, and that was all Angelina needed to faint.

THE END!!!

https://Playloaded.com/literature/stories/other-stories/a-stab-in-the-heart-a-playloaded-short-story/

(1) (Reply)

Freelancing Work / ****Get Affordable Professional Editing And Proofreading Services**** / The Way God Works, A Poem By Pat Ashinze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.