Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

FIFA Ranking: Nigeria Move 12 Spots, See The New Rank - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA Ranking: Nigeria Move 12 Spots, See The New Rank (780 Views)

FIFA Ranking: Nigeria Ahead Of Ivory Coast, Haaland’s Norway After Biggest Move / Fifa Ranking: Nigeria Ends 2019 In 31st Place / Super Eagles Of Nigeria Move Up 4 Places In New FIFA Ranking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FIFA Ranking: Nigeria Move 12 Spots, See The New Rank by EKITI001: 11:25am On Jul 25, 2019
FIFA ranking: Nigeria move 12 spots, now 33rd

[img]http://1.bp..com/-oJAFrVgXCAs/XTmDEQXyzjI/AAAAAAAAueg/OPoW-RM000wl7a5BP3l37pRiDDVYfSicACLcBGAs/s640/FIFA-Logo-e1564048395288%2B%25281%2529.jpg[/img]
Nigeria’s Super Eagles have moved up 12 spots in the July FIFA ranking, to place 33rd in the world after winning bronze at the just-concluded Africa Cup of Nations tournament.

In the ranking table released by the world football governing body on Thursday, Nigeria garnered 1, 481 points as against 1, 433 it had in June to place 45th.

The movement has now placed Nigeria as the third in Africa behind Senegal and Tunisia, who are 20th and 29th in the world, respectively.

African champions Algeria (40th, up 28) are the biggest mover in the July edition by ranks and points (up 117), while fellow finalists, Senegal (20th, up 2) did not make a huge leap but reached their best-ever ranking position.

AFCON surprise quarter-finalists, Madagascar (96th, up 12) and Benin (82nd, up 6) saw their continental performances rewarded with a ranking rise.

On the global scene, new South American champions, Brazil (2nd, up 1) leapfrogged France (3rd, down 1) in second place and trail leaders Belgium by a narrow margin of 20 points.

Other sides in Copa America action improved their ranking positions substantially.

Quarter-finalists Uruguay (5th, up 3), Colombia (8th, up 5) and Venezuela (26th, up 7) – who reached their best-ever ranking position after their run to the last eight.

Bronze-medalists, Argentina (10th, up 1) complete a quartet of South American teams in the top 10.

Concacaf champions Mexico (12th , up 6) and fellow finalists U.S. (22nd , up 8*) made big strides up the table with an honourable mention for surprise semi-finalist, Haiti (83rd, up 18).

SOURCE: https://www.nairanaijanews.com/2019/07/fifa-ranking-nigeria-move-12-spots-see.html
Re: FIFA Ranking: Nigeria Move 12 Spots, See The New Rank by Nackzy: 11:31am On Jul 25, 2019
FIFA ranking is fake, with the rubbish Nigeria played
Re: FIFA Ranking: Nigeria Move 12 Spots, See The New Rank by lexyman(m): 11:38am On Jul 25, 2019
i was Expecting Nigeria to drop further down after the Mad boys dealt with us in the Afcon...thanks to the beating we gave to Cameroun ... i think that is the only match that gave us the point to still remain where we are grin
Re: FIFA Ranking: Nigeria Move 12 Spots, See The New Rank by thesolutions(m): 11:48am On Jul 25, 2019
Ok
Re: FIFA Ranking: Nigeria Move 12 Spots, See The New Rank by SeunWedsLinda(m): 11:52am On Jul 25, 2019
Who fifa ranking epp? It doesn't stop Madagascar from beating us again should we meet?
Re: FIFA Ranking: Nigeria Move 12 Spots, See The New Rank by barackodam: 11:54am On Jul 25, 2019
lexyman:
i was Expecting Nigeria to drop further down after the Mad boys dealt with us in the Afcon...thanks to the beating we gave to Cameroun ... i think that is the only match that gave us the point to still remain where we are grin

so, the remaining 4 matches we won weren't won?

1 Like

Re: FIFA Ranking: Nigeria Move 12 Spots, See The New Rank by FatherBona: 12:03pm On Jul 25, 2019
[s]
Nackzy:
[/s] thank goodness your opinion doesn't matter.
Save your breath
Re: FIFA Ranking: Nigeria Move 12 Spots, See The New Rank by BARAJ92(m): 12:09pm On Jul 25, 2019
lexyman:
our rise in FIFA ranking was mainly due to the 3rd place match we won against Tunisia
Re: FIFA Ranking: Nigeria Move 12 Spots, See The New Rank by chukwunedum150(m): 12:55pm On Jul 25, 2019
Gernot Rohr is working
Re: FIFA Ranking: Nigeria Move 12 Spots, See The New Rank by EKITI001: 2:03pm On Jul 25, 2019
Hmm
Re: FIFA Ranking: Nigeria Move 12 Spots, See The New Rank by Romzii: 2:10pm On Jul 25, 2019
Nackzy:
These rankings are not judged based on performance but result base. The number of games won.

(1) (Reply)

Tammy Abraham Reacts After Scoring His First Goal For England / Iwobi Is My Rightful Replacement Not Aribo - Mikel Claims / Download Video: Brighton Vs Chelsea 1-1 All Goals & Highlights

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.