Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,537 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:59 AM

Beji Caid Essebsi Is Dead! Tunisian President Dies Aged 92 - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Beji Caid Essebsi Is Dead! Tunisian President Dies Aged 92 (35709 Views)

Mahjoub Mahjoubi: France Deports Tunisian Imam Accused Of Hate Speech. / Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan Is Dead! (UAE President Dies At 73) / Man Accused Of Trying To Kill Mali President Dies In Custody (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beji Caid Essebsi Is Dead! Tunisian President Dies Aged 92 by omooba969(m): 2:52pm On Jul 25, 2019
martineverest:
Tunisians are arabs

Would you then refer to them as White Africans?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Beji Caid Essebsi Is Dead! Tunisian President Dies Aged 92 by Himmler: 2:52pm On Jul 25, 2019
RIP
Re: Beji Caid Essebsi Is Dead! Tunisian President Dies Aged 92 by omooba969(m): 2:54pm On Jul 25, 2019
Fingerprinter:

Arab!

I understand that, but how do you describe him with reference to African origin?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beji Caid Essebsi Is Dead! Tunisian President Dies Aged 92 by Neddyogu(m): 3:02pm On Jul 25, 2019
omooba969:
92yrs? undecided something is definitely wrong with the black man's brain.

But Tunisians aren't black, are they?
Why have d British, Dutch and Norwegian monarchs not abdicated their albeit ceremonial thrones in favour of their younger more capable descendants? Or are they black too?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beji Caid Essebsi Is Dead! Tunisian President Dies Aged 92 by lebron7(m): 3:17pm On Jul 25, 2019
After e boys don tear our super eagles
Re: Beji Caid Essebsi Is Dead! Tunisian President Dies Aged 92 by timota(m): 3:18pm On Jul 25, 2019
IgboGoat:
Rest in peace. But ....I just can't say what I want to say
Say it ,I know u want make he come carry buhari follow body and he will surely do it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beji Caid Essebsi Is Dead! Tunisian President Dies Aged 92 by Slickszoom(m): 3:19pm On Jul 25, 2019
Next

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beji Caid Essebsi Is Dead! Tunisian President Dies Aged 92 by Justiceleague1: 3:22pm On Jul 25, 2019
Rip sir.

Buhsha,I envy the Tunisians now,they have opportunity again to get a new president..
I wish we would have such now angry

1 Like

Re: Beji Caid Essebsi Is Dead! Tunisian President Dies Aged 92 by omooba969(m): 3:23pm On Jul 25, 2019
Neddyogu:

But Tunisians aren't black, are they?
Why have d British, Dutch and Norwegian monarchs not abdicated their albeit ceremonial thrones in favour of their younger more capable descendants? Or are they black too?

Beatrix of Netherlands abdicated on 30 April, 2013.

King Harald V. of Norway succeeded his father King Olav V. after his death on 17th Jan, 1991- I believe you quite understand how monarchy works.

The British case is different coz the Queen is still active with regards to her ceremonial engagements.

Back to the question, would you say the Tunisian case is that of monarchy system of government?

1 Like

Re: Beji Caid Essebsi Is Dead! Tunisian President Dies Aged 92 by Dgr8hassiE(m): 3:28pm On Jul 25, 2019
nzeobi:
RIP
but why should an old man like this go close to power.

Power sweet my broher + greediness remember this is AFRICA.
Re: Beji Caid Essebsi Is Dead! Tunisian President Dies Aged 92 by babyfaceafrica: 3:32pm On Jul 25, 2019
nzeobi:
RIP
when the youths have failed

1 Like

Re: Beji Caid Essebsi Is Dead! Tunisian President Dies Aged 92 by Neddyogu(m): 3:49pm On Jul 25, 2019
omooba969:

Beatrix of Netherlands abdicated on 30 April, 2013.

King Harald V. of Norway succeeded his father King Olav V. after his death on 17th Jan, 1991- I believe you quite understand how monarchy works.

The British case is different coz the Queen is still active with regards to her ceremonial engagements.

Back to the question, would you say the Tunisian case is that of monarchy system of government?

Old people in power is not unique to Africa. U can find examples all over the globe. Point is Tunisians aren't black. And no, Tunisia isn't a monarchy.
Afterall Madam Angie is on her 4th term. Since 2005! She nor dey tire? Na only her dey Deutschland?
It takes a special breed of men to relinquish the perks of power.
Re: Beji Caid Essebsi Is Dead! Tunisian President Dies Aged 92 by nzeobi(m): 3:54pm On Jul 25, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
when the youths have failed
who told you only the youths fail, failure knows nobody
Re: Beji Caid Essebsi Is Dead! Tunisian President Dies Aged 92 by naijajobx: 3:56pm On Jul 25, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Beji Caid Essebsi Is Dead! Tunisian President Dies Aged 92 by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jul 25, 2019
BUHARI FOR 3RD TERM... wink
Re: Beji Caid Essebsi Is Dead! Tunisian President Dies Aged 92 by omooba969(m): 4:27pm On Jul 25, 2019
Neddyogu:

Old people in power is not unique to Africa. U can find examples all over the globe. Point is Tunisians aren't black. And no, Tunisia isn't a monarchy.
Afterall Madam Angie is on her 4th term. Since 2005! She nor dey tire? Na only her dey Deutschland?
It takes a special breed of men to relinquish the perks of power.

@bolded,

I don't see the point in going back and forth on this but I will encourage you to educate yourself on the Berber People of the North of Africa, maybe this will help you establish a case for my assertion. smiley
Re: Beji Caid Essebsi Is Dead! Tunisian President Dies Aged 92 by Habeyy(m): 4:33pm On Jul 25, 2019
majamajic:

he has been there long ago
by long ago you mean how many years
Re: Beji Caid Essebsi Is Dead! Tunisian President Dies Aged 92 by martineverest(m): 4:37pm On Jul 25, 2019
omooba969:

Would you then refer to them as White Africans?
Arab Africans
Re: Beji Caid Essebsi Is Dead! Tunisian President Dies Aged 92 by omooba969(m): 4:49pm On Jul 25, 2019
martineverest:
Arab Africans

What does that mean?

Please read up on the Berber People of North Africa & educate yourself, maybe it will help you establish a more credible case with regards to my Black African origin claim. smiley
Re: Beji Caid Essebsi Is Dead! Tunisian President Dies Aged 92 by Neddyogu(m): 4:51pm On Jul 25, 2019
omooba969:

@bolded,

I don't see the point in going back and forth on this but I will encourage you to educate yourself on the Berber People of the North of Africa, maybe this will help you establish a case for my assertion. smiley

So the Berbers, Touaregs and probably the Bedouin are negroid? shocked
Re: Beji Caid Essebsi Is Dead! Tunisian President Dies Aged 92 by omooba969(m): 4:53pm On Jul 25, 2019
Neddyogu:

So the Berbers, Touaregs and probably the Bedouin are negroid? shocked

Read up please, don't be lazy.
Re: Beji Caid Essebsi Is Dead! Tunisian President Dies Aged 92 by omooba969(m): 4:58pm On Jul 25, 2019
bizzibodi:
He died when his cun3 need him most.

Need him for what?
Re: Beji Caid Essebsi Is Dead! Tunisian President Dies Aged 92 by Neddyogu(m): 5:08pm On Jul 25, 2019
omooba969:

Read up please, don't be lazy.

Huncle leave matter for Mathias. Berbers and Touaregs may be masters of the deserts of North Africa, dat don't make dem blacks or negroids.
U need to understand two things;

1. Geriatric rulers are found in every region of the world.

2. Not every african is a negro or of negroid origins.

Have urself a good evening.
Re: Beji Caid Essebsi Is Dead! Tunisian President Dies Aged 92 by luluosas(m): 5:13pm On Jul 25, 2019
Yeye man
Biggty:
Rest in peace Mr President. Buhari comes to mind
Re: Beji Caid Essebsi Is Dead! Tunisian President Dies Aged 92 by Sermwell(m): 5:24pm On Jul 25, 2019
majamajic:

he has been there long ago
oga go and read the post. He came to power in 2014
Re: Beji Caid Essebsi Is Dead! Tunisian President Dies Aged 92 by Maski87: 6:00pm On Jul 25, 2019
Only in Africa, 92 yrs and still president, no wonder we no dey progress
Re: Beji Caid Essebsi Is Dead! Tunisian President Dies Aged 92 by investigator007: 6:32pm On Jul 25, 2019
92 no b small thing o
Re: Beji Caid Essebsi Is Dead! Tunisian President Dies Aged 92 by majamajic(m): 6:53pm On Jul 25, 2019
Sermwell:

oga go and read the post. He came to power in 2014

kukuma fight me na

cos he started Tunisia power tussle in 2014

someone that was a defense minister in 1969 , has not been there for long ?

as Buhari came in as president in 2015 , so Buhari has not been there ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beji Caid Essebsi Is Dead! Tunisian President Dies Aged 92 by bewla(m): 7:01pm On Jul 25, 2019
nzeobi:
RIP
Pls Don't let me guess your intension
Re: Beji Caid Essebsi Is Dead! Tunisian President Dies Aged 92 by Leonbonapart(m): 7:53pm On Jul 25, 2019
emmabest2000:
I know if this kind of news happens here

Many fake pastors will start recalling their past fake prophecies grin

RIP

BUT .....
okpe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Russia Retaliates To Obama's Sanctions, CNN Reports / Hostage’s Body Recovered From Gaza: Idf(photos) / "He Is Better For Us, has More Experience" - Putin Picks Biden Ahead Of Trump

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.