Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,395 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

Late Rashidi Yekini’s Mother Alhaja Sidikat Sells Bread For Survival In Kwara - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Late Rashidi Yekini’s Mother Alhaja Sidikat Sells Bread For Survival In Kwara (3590 Views)

Sidikat Odunkanwi 'Iyabo Oko' Is Dead / Sidikat Odukanwi 'Iyabo Oko' Resurrects 3-Hours After Pronounced Dead (Video) / Sidikat Odukanwi 'Iyabo Oko' Dies, Veteran Nollywood Actress Dies At 61 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Late Rashidi Yekini’s Mother Alhaja Sidikat Sells Bread For Survival In Kwara by rhonard(m): 11:46am On Jul 25, 2019
Alhaja Sidikat Yekini aged mother of late Super Eagles striker, Rashidi Yekini now sells bread to survive in Ira Town in Kwara State of Nigeria, four years after the death of his son.

SRSport.com gathered from a source in Kwara State who revealed that life has been pretty difficult for the Yekini’s family since the passing of the former African football king. It was also gathered that Alhaja Sidikat cried out for help few months ago, after revealing that ‘life has been difficult for her’ since the passing of her son.

“My son has served this country, and I want the government and other people to come to our aid because It would not be good for me to die in this situation,” she pleaded.

Yekini scored 37 goals in 58 appearances for the Super Eagles and died in May 2012 at the age of 48. He remains the highest goal scorer for the Super Eagles with 37 goals and represented Nigeria in five major tournaments, including two FIFA World Cup competitions in USA ‘94 and France ‘98 respectively.

http://saharareporters.com/2016/05/07/late-rashidi-yekini%E2%80%99s-mother-alhaja-sidikat-sells-bread-survival-kwara?fbclid=IwAR2jm0GqYIrsayeQO5P0TRGcvbI6Dt-FG-vi_PanWnJZTs3jxdcpbSX80IQ#.Vzkal2RtB4s.facebook

Re: Late Rashidi Yekini’s Mother Alhaja Sidikat Sells Bread For Survival In Kwara by thesicilian: 11:49am On Jul 25, 2019
A government that cannot even take care of it's active workforce should not be expected to cater for the relatives of the deceased.

1 Like

Re: Late Rashidi Yekini’s Mother Alhaja Sidikat Sells Bread For Survival In Kwara by Davash222(m): 11:50am On Jul 25, 2019
Nothing sure pass investments.

Abi, dem no dey pay Rashidi back then

Lesson for all!!

2 Likes

Re: Late Rashidi Yekini’s Mother Alhaja Sidikat Sells Bread For Survival In Kwara by Nobody: 11:58am On Jul 25, 2019
I thought she was helped sometime ago

5 Likes

Re: Late Rashidi Yekini’s Mother Alhaja Sidikat Sells Bread For Survival In Kwara by Kingosytex(m): 12:02pm On Jul 25, 2019
Chai!!!
What about her other children?

Only in Nigeria. Madam keep hustling, the good LORD is your strength.

Nigeria and NFF are finding it very difficult to pay the bonuses and allowances of their living players so they remembering to assist you because of your late son will be a MIRACLE!
Re: Late Rashidi Yekini’s Mother Alhaja Sidikat Sells Bread For Survival In Kwara by Born2Breed(f): 12:08pm On Jul 25, 2019
Is Rashidi Yekini her only child?

Yekini served and was paid well.

I remember when they always threaten to boycott games due to non payment of allowance.

The family should help mama and forget government wey never even pay pensioners finish.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Late Rashidi Yekini’s Mother Alhaja Sidikat Sells Bread For Survival In Kwara by Joyboy1(m): 1:01pm On Jul 25, 2019
Born2Breed:
Is Rashidi Yekini her only child?

Yekini served and was paid well.

I remember when they always boycott games due to non payment of allowance.

The family should help mama and forget government wey never even pay pensioners finish.

Which match did he boycott?

1 Like

Re: Late Rashidi Yekini’s Mother Alhaja Sidikat Sells Bread For Survival In Kwara by TANTUMERGO007(m): 1:05pm On Jul 25, 2019
Rashidi no try for him mama at all
Re: Late Rashidi Yekini’s Mother Alhaja Sidikat Sells Bread For Survival In Kwara by LadySarah: 1:19pm On Jul 25, 2019
But there was an inteevention last yr...

1 Like

Re: Late Rashidi Yekini’s Mother Alhaja Sidikat Sells Bread For Survival In Kwara by crackhouse(m): 1:33pm On Jul 25, 2019
That's what happens when u use jazz to reach stardom or make money. When u die your wealth will vanish too.
Re: Late Rashidi Yekini’s Mother Alhaja Sidikat Sells Bread For Survival In Kwara by Stanweezy(m): 1:50pm On Jul 25, 2019
Does it mean this nigger did not open shop for his mother, build house and put tenant on rentage to it with all the money he made while playing for super chickens of Nigeria.

That means he did not invest his money at all from all indication

1 Like

Re: Late Rashidi Yekini’s Mother Alhaja Sidikat Sells Bread For Survival In Kwara by aewhydot: 2:09pm On Jul 25, 2019
@OP She did not start selling bread yesterday, that has been her trade, I understand our government is insensitive but please don't make it look as if she's doing that as the last resort. Thanks

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Late Rashidi Yekini’s Mother Alhaja Sidikat Sells Bread For Survival In Kwara by Barryseal: 2:56pm On Jul 25, 2019
I don't think Yekini made alot from football. While at Victoria Setubal, he was their best player but the least paid in the team. Yekini had just basic education and probably didn't surround himself with smart people who will advice him on good investment opportunities.

2 Likes

Re: Late Rashidi Yekini’s Mother Alhaja Sidikat Sells Bread For Survival In Kwara by midolian(m): 3:47pm On Jul 25, 2019
Sincerely, let's all stop the hypocrisy!
Nigerians will blame the government for everything, even for their impotency..spits*

What's the government's fault in this? If the government decides to help her out, fine that's commendable..but if the government refuses, it's not condemnable.

Or what makes her own different? Why are you guys not saying same about other poor women out there selling bread or other smaller items? Is it because they were not blessed with popular children like Rashidi Yekini?

Rashidi Yekini served the country well and to the best of my knowledge was paid for his service. You lots blaming the government can do your own little by reaching out to her to give the little you can afford.

Hate to speak about the dead so I ll just end it here with prayers. May God forgive his shortcomings, grant him heaven and make life life easy for his dependents.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Late Rashidi Yekini’s Mother Alhaja Sidikat Sells Bread For Survival In Kwara by solmusdesigns: 5:07pm On Jul 25, 2019
grin

was yekini paid his thousands of dollars match bonuses by NFF ? , if yes .. was his team paying him above 90% of Nigerian workers? if yes again.. what happened to all the money? what were his human capital development towards his family and community

Africans must get sense , Nigerians must have brain

Re: Late Rashidi Yekini’s Mother Alhaja Sidikat Sells Bread For Survival In Kwara by joseph1832(m): 5:34pm On Jul 25, 2019
midolian:
Nigerians will blame the government for everything, even for their impotency..spits*

What's the government's fault in this? If the government decides to help her out, fine that's commendable..but if the government refuses, it's not condemnable.

Or what makes her own different? Why are you guys not saying same about other poor women out there selling bread or other smaller items? Is it because they were not blessed with popular children like Rashidi Yekini?

Rashidi Yekini served the country well and to the best of my knowledge was paid for his service. You lots blaming the government can do your own little by reaching out to her to give the little you can afford.

Hate to speak about the dead so I ll just end it here with prayers. May God forgive his shortcomings, grant him heaven and make life life easy for his dependents.
after all, Rashidi Yekini was paid when he played for Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Late Rashidi Yekini’s Mother Alhaja Sidikat Sells Bread For Survival In Kwara by Joystark(f): 5:41pm On Jul 25, 2019
Erm...
What happened to his earnings?
Abi he wasn't paid lasan?
Re: Late Rashidi Yekini’s Mother Alhaja Sidikat Sells Bread For Survival In Kwara by allanphash7(m): 6:30pm On Jul 25, 2019
It will be fine mama
Re: Late Rashidi Yekini’s Mother Alhaja Sidikat Sells Bread For Survival In Kwara by kokoA(m): 6:44pm On Jul 25, 2019
Is she complaining? World people sha..
Re: Late Rashidi Yekini’s Mother Alhaja Sidikat Sells Bread For Survival In Kwara by BlackPantherxXx: 8:00pm On Jul 25, 2019
Great comment!

We like hand-downs a lot.

I was shocked when i learnt the basketballer Ron Artest's dad was doorman.

midolian:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Late Rashidi Yekini’s Mother Alhaja Sidikat Sells Bread For Survival In Kwara by opebiboy: 8:02pm On Jul 25, 2019
Very old post. Take it down
Re: Late Rashidi Yekini’s Mother Alhaja Sidikat Sells Bread For Survival In Kwara by Amuocha: 10:06pm On Jul 25, 2019
Lai Mohammed sef angry
Re: Late Rashidi Yekini’s Mother Alhaja Sidikat Sells Bread For Survival In Kwara by Luizkid(m): 11:27pm On Jul 25, 2019
Too bad these guys played football @ a time when there was no much money in football.. Am just imagining the price of a Yekini in today's market.

(1) (Reply)

Yes, Actor Chiwetalu Agu Is Sick!...the Death Rumours...the Truth / The Viral Actress Etiko Twerk Video / Man Shares Video Of ‘lekki Big Boys’ Sleeping In One Hotel Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.