Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,240 members, 7,822,229 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

‘Beautiful’ Ramatu Tijani Aliyu, Ministerial Nominee Distracts Senate - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘Beautiful’ Ramatu Tijani Aliyu, Ministerial Nominee Distracts Senate (103383 Views)

Ramatu Tijani: Minister’s Aides Brutalise Journalist, Slap Security Men In Abuja / Presiential Primary: APC Will Be Fair To All Aspirants - Ramatu Tijani Aliyu / Biography Of Ramatu Tijani Aliyu - The Minister Of State FCT. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘Beautiful’ Ramatu Tijani Aliyu, Ministerial Nominee Distracts Senate by merits(m): 9:37pm On Jul 25, 2019
chibuadanne:
Amidst the screening of ministerial nominees at the senate today, a remark by senate majority leader, Abdullahi Yahaya threw all lawmakers in a fit of laughter.

After a female ministerial nominee, Ramatu Tijani Aliyu, introduced herself to the senate, the senate minority leader, Enyinnaya Abaribe, asked her to take a bow and go.

The senate majority leader also stood up to give his comment and caused bout of laughter in the senate when his colleagues mistakenly thought he addressed the nominee as beautiful.

He had eulogized the nominee as eloquent and intelligent and added that she was also dutiful. But his colleagues who probably heard beautiful, burst into laughter throwing the senate chamber into a moment of rowdy laughter.

If the majority leader actually described the ministerial nominee as “beautiful”, it would have been regarded as a sexist statement.

The majority leader still standing had to explain that he said “dutiful” and not “beautiful”.

But before she was asked to take a bow, another senator also rose to put the records straight quoting a senate rule. He said “the senate leader did not say beautiful, he said du-ti-ful!”

After this, the senate president Ahmed Lawan asked her to take a bow and go.

https://thewhistler.ng/beautiful-female-ministerial-nominee-distracts-senate/

Re: ‘Beautiful’ Ramatu Tijani Aliyu, Ministerial Nominee Distracts Senate by armadeo(m): 9:39pm On Jul 25, 2019
Godons1:

But She no get pot belly, Yam Legs, Bear Bear for Face or bear Bear for Chest like your Igbo Sisters. grin

She is truly Beautiful.

Lol @potbelly

1 Like

Re: ‘Beautiful’ Ramatu Tijani Aliyu, Ministerial Nominee Distracts Senate by Sirwallace(m): 9:43pm On Jul 25, 2019
citizenY:
I expected the ministers to be screened on the basis of their expected portfolio .

Same thought I had when I was watching the screening. How do you screen candidates without knowledge of their job description. I dont really know what the constitution says about this, but I believe ministerial nominees should come with portfolio so they can be properly screen according to their portfolio.

I mean how do you interview a job applicant for a job you the recruiter dont know they would handle?

By the way,

Hello well meaning nairalanders,

Hello nairalander, I am a graduate of mechanical engineering with second class upper in need of a job. Finished service year last march and looking for opportunity to gain experience in any capacity from management to finance and customer relationship.

I would really appreciate this kind gesture.
Re: ‘Beautiful’ Ramatu Tijani Aliyu, Ministerial Nominee Distracts Senate by yeyeosoronga: 9:48pm On Jul 25, 2019
happney65:

It is o..Angry feminists nowadays find it offensive to call them beautiful..You must not call your co-workers sef beautiful..Awon weere

Why would you start calling someone beautiful in such a serious environment as the workplace, particularly during the senate proceedings of screening people for their job position?
That's so unprofessional and has nothing to do with feminism. Or are you saying Nigerian men cannot be professional and maintain decorum in the workplace?
Is it her beauty that will perform her job role as minister? Why should a boss or colleague at work be calling another man's wife beautiful if not that there's something else worrying him?

2 Likes

Re: ‘Beautiful’ Ramatu Tijani Aliyu, Ministerial Nominee Distracts Senate by Emmahunk(m): 9:51pm On Jul 25, 2019
Take away the foundation and the make up and she MIGHT still be beautiful.
But until then,...
Re: ‘Beautiful’ Ramatu Tijani Aliyu, Ministerial Nominee Distracts Senate by jubrilELsudan: 9:59pm On Jul 25, 2019
Her kukunase must be very nice.

Re: ‘Beautiful’ Ramatu Tijani Aliyu, Ministerial Nominee Distracts Senate by jaxxy(m): 10:22pm On Jul 25, 2019
I thought I was going to see Gbemi Saraki. This is just makeup.
Re: ‘Beautiful’ Ramatu Tijani Aliyu, Ministerial Nominee Distracts Senate by Honor10: 10:26pm On Jul 25, 2019
chozzy:
Take a bow and go!

Take a bow and go!!

Take a bow and go!!!

[b][/b]Lawan will be the worst Senate president
since independence[b]

[/b]

Not true, nothing wil be worst than Saraki led Senate
Re: ‘Beautiful’ Ramatu Tijani Aliyu, Ministerial Nominee Distracts Senate by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jul 25, 2019
Physical appearance plays a major role in today's society. Work on your physical appearance, package yourself and also improve on your spoken English (you appear smart, even if you said nonsense). A lot of people are having their way simply because of these qualities.

1 Like

Re: ‘Beautiful’ Ramatu Tijani Aliyu, Ministerial Nominee Distracts Senate by greggng: 11:04pm On Jul 25, 2019
toyinjimoh:
it was funny I watched it on tvc, the senator was saying dutiful but d house thought he was saying beautiful...the woman gave an eloquent speech...brain and beauty is what I called her just like my Natasha h Akpoti incoming senator

I love Natasha but she is in the wrong party...it takes the grace of God to get to the top from such party.

1 Like

Re: ‘Beautiful’ Ramatu Tijani Aliyu, Ministerial Nominee Distracts Senate by LordPsalm(m): 11:04pm On Jul 25, 2019
Supposed honouraboe members getting dishonourable.
Nonesense. No wonder we are moving backward faster
Re: ‘Beautiful’ Ramatu Tijani Aliyu, Ministerial Nominee Distracts Senate by fabienjoe: 11:11pm On Jul 25, 2019
Davash222:
So, is anything wrong to compliment a beautiful woman?? Isn't she beautiful?

She is beautiful but the setting is not the right place to compliment her beauty. It would be viewed as sexual. Women should not be viewed as sexual objects. It is offensive.

1 Like

Re: ‘Beautiful’ Ramatu Tijani Aliyu, Ministerial Nominee Distracts Senate by MondayOsunbor(m): 11:23pm On Jul 25, 2019
chibuadanne:
Amidst the screening of ministerial nominees at the senate today, a remark by senate majority leader, Abdullahi Yahaya threw all lawmakers in a fit of laughter.

After a female ministerial nominee, Ramatu Tijani Aliyu, introduced herself to the senate, the senate minority leader, Enyinnaya Abaribe, asked her to take a bow and go.

The senate majority leader also stood up to give his comment and caused bout of laughter in the senate when his colleagues mistakenly thought he addressed the nominee as beautiful.

He had eulogized the nominee as eloquent and intelligent and added that she was also dutiful. But his colleagues who probably heard beautiful, burst into laughter throwing the senate chamber into a moment of rowdy laughter.

If the majority leader actually described the ministerial nominee as “beautiful”, it would have been regarded as a sexist statement.

The majority leader still standing had to explain that he said “dutiful” and not “beautiful”.

But before she was asked to take a bow, another senator also rose to put the records straight quoting a senate rule. He said “the senate leader did not say beautiful, he said du-ti-ful!”

After this, the senate president Ahmed Lawan asked her to take a bow and go.

https://thewhistler.ng/beautiful-female-ministerial-nominee-distracts-senate/

Bow and go screening !
Re: ‘Beautiful’ Ramatu Tijani Aliyu, Ministerial Nominee Distracts Senate by Chukalemon(m): 11:27pm On Jul 25, 2019
Makeup lady.
Re: ‘Beautiful’ Ramatu Tijani Aliyu, Ministerial Nominee Distracts Senate by TGMISKY(m): 11:40pm On Jul 25, 2019
Those senators too dey play. The oga said dutiful and they all started laughing.
Las las sha, the oga for fall him hand where he wan go spell dutiful. Oga spelt d-u-t-i and looked confused.
Re: ‘Beautiful’ Ramatu Tijani Aliyu, Ministerial Nominee Distracts Senate by Impact6789: 12:25am On Jul 26, 2019
Who say this one is beautiful?
Re: ‘Beautiful’ Ramatu Tijani Aliyu, Ministerial Nominee Distracts Senate by Femeto: 12:40am On Jul 26, 2019
Bunch of recycled jokers.
Re: ‘Beautiful’ Ramatu Tijani Aliyu, Ministerial Nominee Distracts Senate by Meliian(f): 2:59am On Jul 26, 2019
Not as beautiful as Gbemi Saraki.
Re: ‘Beautiful’ Ramatu Tijani Aliyu, Ministerial Nominee Distracts Senate by okofians(m): 4:24am On Jul 26, 2019
I wish the beautiful Honorable minister from my dear state best of luck
Re: ‘Beautiful’ Ramatu Tijani Aliyu, Ministerial Nominee Distracts Senate by isahkadir1(m): 4:44am On Jul 26, 2019
Tocynone:
Bleaching on point
bleaching kill you there. That's my sister. She's natural.

She's a Kakanda woman straight from my village. Don't say what you don't know or God blend you In hell.
Re: ‘Beautiful’ Ramatu Tijani Aliyu, Ministerial Nominee Distracts Senate by DarlingEmojist(m): 5:25am On Jul 26, 2019
Hey you!!.. Close you mouth verywell jare

Even the senators sef ehn They see fine Babe dey shock
Hmm Where did Buhari sef see her from?
GUYS FRIED FISH IS SMELLING IN THIS MATTER OH
Re: ‘Beautiful’ Ramatu Tijani Aliyu, Ministerial Nominee Distracts Senate by TemmyT002(m): 5:35am On Jul 26, 2019
Davash222:

Oh boy, don't day it out o. Say it privately before feminists descend on you.
Re: ‘Beautiful’ Ramatu Tijani Aliyu, Ministerial Nominee Distracts Senate by TemmyT002(m): 5:36am On Jul 26, 2019
She is beautiful
Come and beat me
Re: ‘Beautiful’ Ramatu Tijani Aliyu, Ministerial Nominee Distracts Senate by potbelly(m): 5:54am On Jul 26, 2019
tongue
armadeo:

Lol @potbelly
Re: ‘Beautiful’ Ramatu Tijani Aliyu, Ministerial Nominee Distracts Senate by Agugbadin: 6:22am On Jul 26, 2019
Davash222:

No she isn't.
Re: ‘Beautiful’ Ramatu Tijani Aliyu, Ministerial Nominee Distracts Senate by Agugbadin: 6:30am On Jul 26, 2019
Amuocha:
Pancake

Hmmmmm, pancake is one of the greatest invention of this century. It automatically changes the physical look of women,when it is worn by a 90yrs old woman she will look like 35yrs old.
Re: ‘Beautiful’ Ramatu Tijani Aliyu, Ministerial Nominee Distracts Senate by yjgm(m): 6:31am On Jul 26, 2019
thisnaijaguy:
Beautiful woman.

But she can be more beautiful of she watches her weight.
Believe me she's doing just that. She's my blood and my pride.
Re: ‘Beautiful’ Ramatu Tijani Aliyu, Ministerial Nominee Distracts Senate by yjgm(m): 6:33am On Jul 26, 2019
tophumble:
Nominating an Ebira woman as minster is a signal to Yahaya Bello by the power from Abuja that the Governorship ticket is not 100% sure
And who told you she is ebira?. She is kakanda by tribe. A proud daughter of the royal family of Budon.
Re: ‘Beautiful’ Ramatu Tijani Aliyu, Ministerial Nominee Distracts Senate by yjgm(m): 6:42am On Jul 26, 2019
Congratulations sister on your well deserved appointment. Beauty and brain. You nailed it. Your sacrifice and dedication is finally recognized. Your work in ANPP, CPC and APC as the woman leader has put you forth as well prepared and grilled for the job. Even when you lost the reelection as APC woman leader, you still gave your best for the party. This is commendable. Thanks Mr president.
Re: ‘Beautiful’ Ramatu Tijani Aliyu, Ministerial Nominee Distracts Senate by Drabrah(m): 6:44am On Jul 26, 2019
Buh she beautiful anyway
Re: ‘Beautiful’ Ramatu Tijani Aliyu, Ministerial Nominee Distracts Senate by tophumble(m): 9:07am On Jul 26, 2019
Oh. Never knew.
Thanks for the info

yjgm:

And who told you she is ebira?. She is kakanda by tribe. A proud daughter of the royal family of Budon.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Patience Jonathan Humiliated At PH Airport / President Buhari Suspends EndSARS Protests Nationwide / 2019: EU, US, UK & Saudi Arabia Ask Buhari Not To Contest; APC Considers Kingibe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.