Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,908 members, 7,821,154 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

Simon Godwin Idoko Made First Class After Writing JAMB 6 Times, Completes NYSC - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Simon Godwin Idoko Made First Class After Writing JAMB 6 Times, Completes NYSC (35770 Views)

Fish Seller Buys A Car As She Completes Her NYSC (photos) / Graduate Wrote JAMB 6 Times, Dies After Completing His NYSC / Acid Burns Survivor, Chizzy Frances Completes NYSC (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Simon Godwin Idoko Made First Class After Writing JAMB 6 Times, Completes NYSC by owukpa(m): 5:15pm On Jul 25, 2019
Simon Godwin Idoko, a 29-year-old young man, who graduated with a First Class degree from the Department of Pure and Applied Chemistry, Usman Danfodiyo University, Sokoto State in 2017 has completed his National Youth Service Corps, NYSC.

IDOMA VOICE had exclusively reported that Idoko, a native of Udaburu Owukpa, Ogbadibo LGA of Benue State, said his dream of becoming a medical doctor or pharmacist was frustrated after sitting for UTME for five times without success.

Still not discouraged, Godwin decided to take JAMB UTME the sixth time and was offered to study Applied Chemistry at the Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto where he graduated with a first class, garnering a total of 4.75 CGPA.

In April 2018, the Nigerian mediasphere literally went up in flame with the story of a young, resilient and resolute achiever.
The story of Simon Godwin Idoko enjoyed a massive publicity after he conquered his obstacles, shook off his challenges and came out with his head high above the academic sea.

Idoko was attached to the Godfrey Okoye University, Enugu State where he served as his Place of Primary Assignment (PPA) in the Chemistry Department.

The young Chemist took to his Facebook page on Thursday to thank those who were part of his laudable feat.

He wrote:

I want to thank God for the successful completion of NYSC. Thanks to my parents - Chief Onagene Simon Omonu Idoko (the kindred head of Ai-Owoya, Amuche, Owukpa, Benue state) and Queen Agnes Idoko for their sacrifices that made it possible for me to reach this stage of my life. My special thanks go to Dr Idoko Emmanuel Omale (my incomparable uncle) and my brother - Simon Idoko John. Other people that contributed to my enjoyable NYSC experience are Dr Igah Omale Igah, Comrade Daniel Abakpa, Ameh Comrade Godwin, Mrs Aladi Stephen, Mr Ogbanje Abah, Mr Okpe Agada and Ameh John Ekere. Thanks to all the staff of Godfrey Okoye University, Enugu (my Place of Primary Assignment (PPA)) for the good treatment. I want to thank the Head of Chemical Sciences Department - Mr Ayuk Eugene for his care. Thanks to the secretary of the department - Mrs Ngozi Uleanya for the cash gift. Thanks to Prof. C.O. Okafor and Mrs Chinelo Okeke for their cash gifts. Thanks to Mrs Scholastica Ilo for her care. Thanks to everybody. I have the most caring people in the world! When I was a corps member...

source...
http://www.idomavoice.com/2019/07/idoma-born-simon-godwin-idoko-who-made-first-class-after-sitting-for-utme-six-times-celebrates-as-he-completes-his-nysc-photos.html

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Simon Godwin Idoko Made First Class After Writing JAMB 6 Times, Completes NYSC by blesskewe(f): 5:17pm On Jul 25, 2019
Lesson learnt

Don't relent

14 Likes

Re: Simon Godwin Idoko Made First Class After Writing JAMB 6 Times, Completes NYSC by Kingrexyl(m): 5:29pm On Jul 25, 2019
Don't give up no matter what.

11 Likes

Re: Simon Godwin Idoko Made First Class After Writing JAMB 6 Times, Completes NYSC by crazyABO(m): 7:26pm On Jul 25, 2019
"Dont give up cos u would make it one day,cos winners never quit and quitters never win if u try and u fail dont be shy of defeat"( 2baba)

8 Likes

Re: Simon Godwin Idoko Made First Class After Writing JAMB 6 Times, Completes NYSC by Lordjb: 7:27pm On Jul 25, 2019
Nice one, Never give up on anything in life. See my signature below for link to stream BBNaija Live

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Simon Godwin Idoko Made First Class After Writing JAMB 6 Times, Completes NYSC by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jul 25, 2019
Doesn't guarantee a job, na that one be d main koko.

I pray you get a good job.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Simon Godwin Idoko Made First Class After Writing JAMB 6 Times, Completes NYSC by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jul 25, 2019
Okay
Re: Simon Godwin Idoko Made First Class After Writing JAMB 6 Times, Completes NYSC by RDPMAN: 7:27pm On Jul 25, 2019
Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Simon Godwin Idoko Made First Class After Writing JAMB 6 Times, Completes NYSC by nurez305(m): 7:28pm On Jul 25, 2019
So? First class that might end up with keke napep or Uber or even gas retail seller..... Mtcheeeeew

Better to graduate with third class with connection in Nigeria than to graduate with first class without connection.

Na job be Koko not first class

11 Likes

Re: Simon Godwin Idoko Made First Class After Writing JAMB 6 Times, Completes NYSC by 12345baba(m): 7:28pm On Jul 25, 2019
May stray bullet never hit u. Amen

6 Likes

Re: Simon Godwin Idoko Made First Class After Writing JAMB 6 Times, Completes NYSC by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jul 25, 2019
grin
Re: Simon Godwin Idoko Made First Class After Writing JAMB 6 Times, Completes NYSC by Najyin(m): 7:28pm On Jul 25, 2019
Congrats to him. Shame unto jamb. That's how they almost killed that boy the other day.

2 Likes

Re: Simon Godwin Idoko Made First Class After Writing JAMB 6 Times, Completes NYSC by Simplyleo: 7:29pm On Jul 25, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Doesn't guarantee a job, na that one be d main koko.
But he is thousands of miles ahead of his peers with lower classes of grade in the labour market.

Stop being pessimistic, first class graduates don't really suffer much to get jobs as compared to others.

Mr Simon Godwin Idoko, your labour shall not be in vain.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Simon Godwin Idoko Made First Class After Writing JAMB 6 Times, Completes NYSC by Onlydaughter(f): 7:30pm On Jul 25, 2019
Cheers man!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Simon Godwin Idoko Made First Class After Writing JAMB 6 Times, Completes NYSC by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jul 25, 2019
6 years of his life gone with the wind.

1 Like

Re: Simon Godwin Idoko Made First Class After Writing JAMB 6 Times, Completes NYSC by lanibi(f): 7:31pm On Jul 25, 2019
Congratulations to him

Read and act on my signature before you scroll down
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Simon Godwin Idoko Made First Class After Writing JAMB 6 Times, Completes NYSC by Lanre4uonly(m): 7:31pm On Jul 25, 2019
His unrelenting efforts towards achieving success finally paved way.
Wishing him all the best in his career pursuit.
Congratulations Simon.

1 Like

Re: Simon Godwin Idoko Made First Class After Writing JAMB 6 Times, Completes NYSC by Ctorch: 7:31pm On Jul 25, 2019
Idoko

U will see this surname in enugu, kogi and benue

While the ones in kogi are Igala hausas
The ones in benue are Igala middle belt hausas
The ones in enugu same thing.

The creation of states in Nigeria was badly structured, mapping out kins and brothers from each other.

Idoko for instance has no business been in Enugu state.

The mistake of Nigeria right from British is why trying to look smart commits further mistakes.

These group of persons suppose to be together as one.

Until such is corrected the country will remain badly structured.

2 Likes

Re: Simon Godwin Idoko Made First Class After Writing JAMB 6 Times, Completes NYSC by phatlytall(m): 7:32pm On Jul 25, 2019
He could have gone farther than this in life if he faced another education, it's not only formal education that will turn you into a responsible person in the society.
Re: Simon Godwin Idoko Made First Class After Writing JAMB 6 Times, Completes NYSC by Offpoint: 7:33pm On Jul 25, 2019
He wasted 6 years of his life because he was lied to about education being the key,

He further hopefully spend another 4-5 years in the uni + another wasted year of NYSC cuz he still believes that lied...

imagine how far one can go in life in the period of 10 years.

It's a pity he'll spend another years searching for a job.

School doesn't determine how far or how great you'll be in life.

The guy ruling us currently only went to NEPA office.

1 Like

Re: Simon Godwin Idoko Made First Class After Writing JAMB 6 Times, Completes NYSC by Nicoddemus(m): 7:33pm On Jul 25, 2019
Bros go and hustle. Nigeria labour market doesn't respect certificate
Re: Simon Godwin Idoko Made First Class After Writing JAMB 6 Times, Completes NYSC by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jul 25, 2019
12345baba:
May stray bullet never hit u. Amen

Hahaha

Nonsense
Re: Simon Godwin Idoko Made First Class After Writing JAMB 6 Times, Completes NYSC by XTHRONE(m): 7:33pm On Jul 25, 2019
Ok
Re: Simon Godwin Idoko Made First Class After Writing JAMB 6 Times, Completes NYSC by Isoduwa(m): 7:35pm On Jul 25, 2019
Young pappy stay away from ladies with their breastfeeds looking down � you will be successful in life

3 Likes

Re: Simon Godwin Idoko Made First Class After Writing JAMB 6 Times, Completes NYSC by wizardus: 7:35pm On Jul 25, 2019
Cheers

Edo takes fight against human trafficking to endemic areas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Npnjo4x5Sk0
Re: Simon Godwin Idoko Made First Class After Writing JAMB 6 Times, Completes NYSC by Rasbel(m): 7:35pm On Jul 25, 2019
JAMB should just employ/retain him.
Re: Simon Godwin Idoko Made First Class After Writing JAMB 6 Times, Completes NYSC by crackhouse(m): 7:37pm On Jul 25, 2019
He don get wife already.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Life Is A Mess Right Now, I Need Some Advice Please! / "My NYSC Camp Experience" – Owolabi Ajasa / Corper Stephen Teru Uses Carpentry Skill To Build Furniture For Over 80 Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.