Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,059 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

Terms And Conditions (before You Agree) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Terms And Conditions (before You Agree) (203 Views)

Have You Seen Palmpay Terms And Conditions...nawaoo / List Of People Distributing Money (and Conditions Attached) / ‘Anyone Caught Abusing The Naira Will Face Jail Terms’ – CBN Warns Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Terms And Conditions (before You Agree) by TemmyT002(m): 7:06pm On Jul 25, 2019
How many people take the time to read the terms and conditions?

Terms of service can be defined as the rules by which one must agree to abide in order to use a service. They can also merely be a disclaimer, especially regarding the use of websites.

One thing about Terms of service is that they are usually lengthy. A single one belonging to a product or a website could be as long as four pages long or above. Unfortunately, a lot of people are too lazy to read through.

The terms are used to protect the company or website against lawsuits which can be very expensive most of the time. Anything you buy or register for has terms and conditions which will require you to sign and agree. Once you sign and agree, you are bound by law to follow the rules.

CHECK OUT THIS ILLUSTRATION:

There is a story I heard while I was serving in the Northern part of Nigeria. It was a story one of my fellow corp members told me.

The animals wanted to hold a crucial meeting. All the animals were invited. Chicken was invited too but she was too busy to go. She told the others to go without her and that whatever they say in the meeting, she agreed and supports by default.

In the meeting, the animals deliberated about doing an animal sacrifice and they needed a volunteer. No one came forward. But then one of the animals remembered chicken saying she agreed with anything said at the meeting.

That was how chicken was made as the sacrifice.

This shows that before you click on any terms and conditions or even a privacy policy, make sure you read through.

People buy SIM cards without reading the Terms and Conditions. People download softwares and apps without reading the Terms and Conditions. So, when trouble occurs, they begin to complain. Terms and Conditions are the darlings of lawyers. They use it to win lots of cases.

Whatever you do physically or online, before you click on I Agree, think again and find the time to read all. It may save your life. Laziness and impatience can be dangerous.

Remember to always read the Terms and conditions before you use a product in order to avoid what befell the chicken in that illustration.

Source: https://opinionsandstories.com/terms-and-conditions/

(1) (Reply)

Exim Data: Has Actual Exim Figures To Track Trading Activities / Contact Us For Your Logo Design @cheapest Price Ever / What Do You Think Of A Cryptocurtency Mainly For Use In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.