Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,299 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Barber Dies Saving Drowning Pig In Benue State (Photo) - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Barber Dies Saving Drowning Pig In Benue State (Photo) (53465 Views)

Man's Head Turned To Pig Head After He Stole A Pig In Malawi (Pics, Video) / [VIDEO] Shocking: Young Boy's Head Turned To Pig After Stealing Pig In Malawi / Man Killed Inside His Barber Shop In Nsukka, Enugu (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Barber Dies Saving Drowning Pig In Benue State (Photo) by asmovic(m): 12:17pm On Jul 26, 2019
Bimpeusman:
A 30-year-old barber, identified simply as Tersur, yesterday died after rescuing a drowning pig from the gutter in front of his shop in Gboko East Local Government Area of Benue State.

A witness said Tersur collapsed and died moments after rescuing the pig. Tersur abandoned his work, when he saw the pig in the gutter in front of his shop, being swept away by the heavy flow of water.

“Tersur refused to listen to entreaties to allow the pig to perish. He got a helper and they both swung into action; the pig was saved after both Tersur and the helper were drenched. What ordinarily looked like a good gesture from Tersur turned to sorrow when he slumped immediately after bringing the pig out of the gutter,” the witness said.

Tersur was rushed to a private hospital around the vicinity, but doctors at the facility confirmed him dead. Those close to Tersur said his death was as strange as it was sudden. They, however, attributed it to the will of God.

https://all-gists..com/2019/07/barber-dies-saving-drowning-pig.html
what shall it profit a man to lose his life and save a pig? RIP.
Re: Barber Dies Saving Drowning Pig In Benue State (Photo) by KevMitnick: 12:20pm On Jul 26, 2019
odiereke:
Village people at work. Helping others is nice but needs serious consideration atimes
Very true
Re: Barber Dies Saving Drowning Pig In Benue State (Photo) by betterpikinn: 12:21pm On Jul 26, 2019
grandstar:

Some Chinese eat cockroaches

The issue isn't my personal taste but simply what the Bible says.

Left to my wishes, I'll ban the eating of dogs, cats, monkeys and some other animals.

If we call ourselves Christian, we are to be imitators of Christ and behave live sheep. Obedient !

This is unreasonable as the bible forbids Christians from eating swine and Jesus christ never came to condemn the laws but to fulfill it.
Re: Barber Dies Saving Drowning Pig In Benue State (Photo) by grandstar(m): 12:24pm On Jul 26, 2019
betterpikinn:

And THAT'S WHY YOU EAT MAGGOTS AND ROACHES TOO...
YEYE

I'm sorry if I upset you but I'm just stating what the Bible says.

Left to my own devices, I would ban the eating of dogs, cats, monkeys and so on. But as a Christian, we are advised not to go above the things that were written and hence as a "good for nothing slave" have no choice but to abide by it. (Read Luke 17:10)

Look at the case of Apostle Peter. He was a Jew and for over a 1,000 years, they were forbidden by the Mosaic Law from eating some certain animals as they were considered unclean for Israelites by God. They were even to limit their association with non-Jews whom they called Gentiles (You and I fall under that category)

Please read below a trance that Paul experienced in Acts:10:9-16

9 The next day as they were continuing on their journey and were approaching the city, Peter went up to the housetop about the sixth hour to pray.

10 But he became very hungry and wanted to eat. While they were preparing the meal, he fell into a trance and saw heaven opened and something* descending like a great linen sheet being let down by its four corners on the earth; and in it were all sorts of four-footed animals and reptiles* of the earth and birds of heaven.

13 Then a voice said to him: “Get up, Peter, slaughter* and eat!”

14 But Peter said: “Not at all, Lord, because I have never eaten anything defiled and unclean.”

15 And the voice spoke again to him, the second time: “Stop calling defiled the things God has cleansed.”
16 This happened a third time, and immediately it* was taken up into heaven.

What do you understand by the above? Are there or are there not unclean animals today?
Re: Barber Dies Saving Drowning Pig In Benue State (Photo) by donbenz(m): 12:41pm On Jul 26, 2019
End time pig angry
Re: Barber Dies Saving Drowning Pig In Benue State (Photo) by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jul 26, 2019
He was an animal lover,albeit a bit foolish with it.
Re: Barber Dies Saving Drowning Pig In Benue State (Photo) by Luminee(f): 1:10pm On Jul 26, 2019
Bimpeusman:
A 30-year-old barber, identified simply as Tersur, yesterday died after rescuing a drowning pig from the gutter in front of his shop in Gboko East Local Government Area of Benue State.

A witness said Tersur collapsed and died moments after rescuing the pig. Tersur abandoned his work, when he saw the pig in the gutter in front of his shop, being swept away by the heavy flow of water.

“Tersur refused to listen to entreaties to allow the pig to perish. He got a helper and they both swung into action; the pig was saved after both Tersur and the helper were drenched. What ordinarily looked like a good gesture from Tersur turned to sorrow when he slumped immediately after bringing the pig out of the gutter,” the witness said.

Tersur was rushed to a private hospital around the vicinity, but doctors at the facility confirmed him dead. Those close to Tersur said his death was as strange as it was sudden. They, however, attributed it to the will of God.

https://all-gists..com/2019/07/barber-dies-saving-drowning-pig.html

After reading, I can't say who the real pig is, Tersur or the pig..now I am forced to waste my RIP.
Re: Barber Dies Saving Drowning Pig In Benue State (Photo) by Unstoppable97(m): 1:27pm On Jul 26, 2019
Will of God indeed !!! Na him village people are at work
Re: Barber Dies Saving Drowning Pig In Benue State (Photo) by Lilcentt(f): 1:34pm On Jul 26, 2019
pig wey go die lass lass either in fry pan or that barbeque seller here on nairaland stand....
probably the pig was used as sacrifice and was left to perish but broda save am and village people vex
Re: Barber Dies Saving Drowning Pig In Benue State (Photo) by CLEVER123(m): 1:43pm On Jul 26, 2019
REST IN PIG
Re: Barber Dies Saving Drowning Pig In Benue State (Photo) by Niaja4real(m): 1:51pm On Jul 26, 2019
Spiritual exchange that manifested in the physical. If u know u know
Re: Barber Dies Saving Drowning Pig In Benue State (Photo) by Starhearts: 2:01pm On Jul 26, 2019
daddytime:

Olodo...na so una go dey insult una self and defend wet in una no sabi for online.

On Sundays na my rest days when i relate with my chi from the confines of my home.
But none of you fanatics can hold me down with any of the books.

Bible Gateway Leviticus 11 :: NIV. You may eat any animal that has a split hoof completely divided and that chews the cud. "`There are some that only chew the cud or only have a split hoof, but you must not eat them. The camel, though it chews the cud, does not have a split hoof; it is ceremonially unclean for you.

Ur village pple have dial ur line
Continue ur wacko-jacko in foolishness
Re: Barber Dies Saving Drowning Pig In Benue State (Photo) by JastSiryin(m): 2:41pm On Jul 26, 2019
daddytime:
Irony of life...

Pig survive dey pose for selfie...brother do-good of animal planet die.

Wetin e wan tell God?

Say na one "unclean" animal wey get hoof wey the Bible say make dem no chop him been wan rescue?

Na wa oo

R.I.P

The P is Silent though...

Modified..

Some knuckleheads mentioning me and who's only business with their the beliefs they so fanatically defend are restricted to go see their pastors latest suits or check out ikebes are here spewing bullocks.

Make una inteprete this verse of the Bible for me...

On Sundays na my rest days when i relate with my chi from the confines of my home.
But none of you fanatics can hold me down with any of the books.

Leviticus 11 :: NIV. You may eat any animal that has a split hoof completely divided and that chews the cud. "`There are some that only chew the cud or only have a split hoof, but you must not eat them. The camel, though it chews the cud, does not have a split hoof; it is ceremonially unclean for you.

You're just an idiot who's trying to sound smart. Only a person with heart could've done what he did. And who the f**k told you pigs where still unclean to a Christian!? (not talking Muslim or jew)
Re: Barber Dies Saving Drowning Pig In Benue State (Photo) by Owaincouncil: 3:07pm On Jul 26, 2019
EzeIgboNwaChukwu:
you mean cownu?
Me I no talk o. grin grin grin
Re: Barber Dies Saving Drowning Pig In Benue State (Photo) by archat: 3:09pm On Jul 26, 2019
foolish goat
Re: Barber Dies Saving Drowning Pig In Benue State (Photo) by newmanadrian(m): 3:24pm On Jul 26, 2019
After they discharge the pig from hospital come tell am the story of the guy, the pig go laugh am.
Re: Barber Dies Saving Drowning Pig In Benue State (Photo) by daddytime(m): 3:27pm On Jul 26, 2019
JastSiryin:
You're just an idiot who's trying to sound smart. Only a person with heart could've done what he did. And who the f**k told you pigs where still unclean to a Christian!? (not talking Muslim or jew)

You asswipe son of a whoring agbo selling mother to an armed robber.

Nitwit
Re: Barber Dies Saving Drowning Pig In Benue State (Photo) by Triniti(m): 3:40pm On Jul 26, 2019
They should write on his epitaph, here lies a man who gave his life so a pig should live
Re: Barber Dies Saving Drowning Pig In Benue State (Photo) by westbuoi(m): 4:42pm On Jul 26, 2019
Really can't process it how anyone could throw up very cross jokes at someone's death..I'm sure there's deep mourning at the victim's home...
Re: Barber Dies Saving Drowning Pig In Benue State (Photo) by vicben27(m): 6:34pm On Jul 26, 2019
the pig may be thrown in as a sacrifice, he stupidly exchange his life for that of a pig! RIP to the dead
Re: Barber Dies Saving Drowning Pig In Benue State (Photo) by Naijageak(m): 6:52pm On Jul 26, 2019
Wahala
Re: Barber Dies Saving Drowning Pig In Benue State (Photo) by ElsonMorali: 7:01pm On Jul 26, 2019
Nobodyperson:

Which god are we talking about tho?
There's more than 1000 different ones.

The one that created everything that exists. Yeah, that one.

Not the Christian God, not the Moslem God, not the Hindu gods, not the Buddhist gods, not the white man's God, not the black man's God, not the red man's gods, not the yellow man's gods.

Just the One, the Absolute, the Author of everything that existed, is existing and will ever exist.

The Supreme Being through Whom everything came to be and without Whom nothing can be.

That Eternal, Infinite, Immeasurable Being of whom we are but like tiny sparks of that Divine Flame.
Re: Barber Dies Saving Drowning Pig In Benue State (Photo) by Nobodyperson: 9:23pm On Jul 26, 2019
ElsonMorali:

The one that created everything that exists. Yeah, that one.

Not the Christian God, not the Moslem God, not the Hindu gods, not the Buddhist gods, not the white man's God, not the black man's God, not the red man's gods, not the yellow man's gods.

Just the One, the Absolute, the Author of everything that existed, is existing and will ever exist.

The Supreme Being through Whom everything came to be and without Whom nothing can be.

That Eternal, Infinite, Immeasurable Being of whom we are but like tiny sparks of that Divine Flame.
Now think about this question deeply.

How do you know this god exist?
Re: Barber Dies Saving Drowning Pig In Benue State (Photo) by ElsonMorali: 5:54am On Jul 27, 2019
Nobodyperson:

Now think about this question deeply.

How do you know this god exist?

Because I exist.

Now think deeply about these questions:

1. How did you come to exist?

2. Can an inanimate object evolve into a conscious self aware being?
Re: Barber Dies Saving Drowning Pig In Benue State (Photo) by wunaESQ(m): 7:06am On Jul 27, 2019
rescue mission gone wrong
Re: Barber Dies Saving Drowning Pig In Benue State (Photo) by Nobodyperson: 7:16am On Jul 27, 2019
ElsonMorali:

Because I exist.

Now think deeply about these questions:

1. How did you come to exist?

2. Can an inanimate object evolve into a conscious self aware being?
So because you exist means a creator exist?
Matter exist but it can't be created.

How did I come to existence?
Thought thousands of years of evolution.

Inanimate object is a completely different thing from living organisms.

I mean, if everything has a creator that means god has a creator too, no?
Re: Barber Dies Saving Drowning Pig In Benue State (Photo) by ElsonMorali: 12:03pm On Jul 27, 2019
Nobodyperson:

So because you exist means a creator exist?
Matter exist but it can't be created.

How did I come to existence?
Thought thousands of years of evolution.

Inanimate object is a completely different thing from living organisms.

I mean, if everything has a creator that means god has a creator too, no?

No. Because you can't understand the concept of something doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Because you can't explain how God came to be doesn't mean he doesn't exist.

Can you explain how the universe came to be? And please don't tell us the big bang because even scientists are beginning to wonder what banged the bang.

Can you explain the source and origin of ions and protons and neutrons?

Can you explain how it's possible for you to evolve from an unintelligent, non self aware, non self conscious lower animal to a being that is self aware and self conscious, who looks at himself in the mirror and forms the "I" concept?

Do you really think that man evolved from apes or tadpoles?

That science teaches us that matter can't be created nor destroyed simply teaches us that man, the highest intelligent being we know of on planet earth can't create nor destroy matter or energy. It doesn't mean that there isn't a Being who can't.

The simple point here is this, the most brilliant human mind that ever walked the face of this earth can't even begin to comprehend the mysteries of the Universe. How then can we expect man to understand God, the Creator of the Universe. It'd be far easier if you attempted to teach a 6 month old baby the finer points of nuclear physics, than it would be for the greatest created intellect to grasp fully the concept of the Absolute.

That a blind man can't see the sun doesn't mean the sun doesn't exist. That a deaf man can't hear the sound of thunder doesn't mean thunder doesn't exist.
Re: Barber Dies Saving Drowning Pig In Benue State (Photo) by JastSiryin(m): 1:17pm On Jul 27, 2019
daddytime:

You asswipe son of a whoring agbo selling mother to an armed robber.

Nitwit
he he... Seems I hit a nerve. You're the type who mistakes being a coward as being smart. Ask yourself deeply if our responsibility as humans should only exist for ourselves alone? Don't forget that this world would have no known problems if we weren't on this earth. You could think of global warming, wars, pollution, and so on. It all points to us. We've made life a living hell for both ourselves and animals, and you're here goofing about a selfless act done to save a dying animal. People like you are what's wrong with this world because you don't see the hypocrisy in your words or actions. You're a f**king slowpoke, I shouldn't waste words with you. You even had the guts to quote a Bible verse. Have you forgotten how David rescued his sheep from the mouth of a Lion!? was he foolish or brave? Or would he have been any less brave if he died? You're a f**king coward that's what you are. May God rest his soul, for his was far more brave than you'll ever be.
Re: Barber Dies Saving Drowning Pig In Benue State (Photo) by Nobodyperson: 1:58pm On Jul 27, 2019
ElsonMorali:

No. Because you can't understand the concept of something doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Because you can't explain how God came to be doesn't mean he doesn't exist.

Can you explain how the universe came to be? And please don't tell us the big bang because even scientists are beginning to wonder what banged the bang.

Can you explain the source and origin of ions and protons and neutrons?

Can you explain how it's possible for you to evolve from an unintelligent, non self aware, non self conscious lower animal to a being that is self aware and self conscious, who looks at himself in the mirror and forms the "I" concept?

Do you really think that man evolved from apes or tadpoles?

That science teaches us that matter can't be created nor destroyed simply teaches us that man, the highest intelligent being we know of on planet earth can't create nor destroy matter or energy. It doesn't mean that there isn't a Being who can't.

The simple point here is this, the most brilliant human mind that ever walked the face of this earth can't even begin to comprehend the mysteries of the Universe. How then can we expect man to understand God, the Creator of the Universe. It'd be far easier if you attempted to teach a 6 month old baby the finer points of nuclear physics, than it would be for the greatest created intellect to grasp fully the concept of the Absolute.

That a blind man can't see the sun doesn't mean the sun doesn't exist. That a deaf man can't hear the sound of thunder doesn't mean thunder doesn't exist.
You keep laying all down to the button line that god created it.

But by your logic, if everything has a creator then surely god has a creator.
Re: Barber Dies Saving Drowning Pig In Benue State (Photo) by ElsonMorali: 1:59pm On Jul 27, 2019
Nobodyperson:

You keep laying all down to the button line that god created it.

But by your logic, if everything has a creator then surely god has a creator.

And who created that creator that created that god?
Re: Barber Dies Saving Drowning Pig In Benue State (Photo) by Nobodyperson: 2:01pm On Jul 27, 2019
ElsonMorali:

And who created that creator that created that god?
Isn't that that the question you're supposed to answer?

Since by your logic, everything has a creator and it's impossible for something to come out from nothing.

It's your logic not mine.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Woman Accuses Soldiers Of Killing Her Husband After Pestering Her For Sex.Photos / White Lady Cries After Being Scammed By A Fraudster. Photos, Videos. / 2 Nigerians Impersonate Bruno Mars, Scam A 63-Year-Old Texas Woman (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.