Stats: 3,153,818 members, 7,820,883 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

NAF Promotes Airman Bashir For Returning €37,000 - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / NAF Promotes Airman Bashir For Returning €37,000 (306 Views)

ACM Bashiru Promoted To Corporal For Returning Lost 37, 000 Euro To The Owner / Names Of Shortlisted Candidates For NAF DSSC Interview Exercise 2018 / Edo State Civil Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment (37 Positions) (2) (3) (4)

NAF Promotes Airman Bashir For Returning €37,000 by karnafiu03(m): 5:01am On Jul 26, 2019
The Nigerian Air Force on Thursday promoted an Aircraftman, Bashir Umar, to the rank of Corporal, for returning the sum of €37,000 found in a parcel at the Hajj Camp Market in Kano State to the owner.

Umar, who is a member of the NAF Mobile Air Defence Team, told our correspondent that what crossed his mind when he picked the money at the market was how to locate the owner and return the money.

He added that he did not open the brown envelope parcel to check the contents, before contacting the owner.

Umar, who was deployed for airport security duties, had found the parcel on Tuesday, July 16, during a routine patrol with some of his colleagues.

The newly promoted corporal, however, returned the money, which is said to belong to one Alhaji Ahmad, after calling a phone number on the parcel.

The NAF Director of Public Relations and Information, Air Commodore Ibikunle Daramola, had said the Chief of the Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, directed the NAF Chief of Administration to “immediately come up with modalities to reward the airman.”

On Thursday, Umar was decorated at the NAF Headquarters, Abuja, in company with his parents, by the air chief, who urged him to continue to be upright.

Umar, a 23-year-old from Adamawa State, in a brief interview with our correspondent after his decoration, said, “We were on an evening patrol on that day. I decided to return the money because I feel I should not take what does not belong to me.

“I am happy, although many people later scolded me. On that day, I did not open the brown envelope. I did not check the contents. The first thing that came to my mind as I picked the envelope was the thought of finding the owner and returning the parcel.

Re: NAF Promotes Airman Bashir For Returning €37,000 by cenaman(m): 5:21am On Jul 26, 2019
if na igbo man.......hmmmm make i no talk before some terrorist group come after my life.

Re: NAF Promotes Airman Bashir For Returning €37,000 by Nemesis909: 6:34am On Jul 26, 2019
Going man.

This was once the common character of the Nigerian people which has since changed for the worse.

With honesty is a certain peace of mind that nothing else can give.

Re: NAF Promotes Airman Bashir For Returning €37,000 by pastie(m): 6:34am On Jul 26, 2019
A good name can take you to good places

Re: NAF Promotes Airman Bashir For Returning €37,000 by garbamaza: 5:40am On Jul 28, 2019
A very good behavior. What is not belong to you is not not belong to you.

Vacancy For A Business Development/marketing Executive (event Centre) (job Ref: / Between Academic Skills And Fields / Help Out