Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,271 members, 7,954,063 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:44 AM

Great Benefits Of Charcoal You May Never Have Known. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Great Benefits Of Charcoal You May Never Have Known. (4323 Views)

Funny List Of Nigerian Universities & What They Are Known For / U.K Exam Question: "The Advance-Fee Fraud Is Also Known As Nigerian Fraud" / Nigerian Man Visited A Museum In Turkey, Saw Charcoal Iron, Black & White TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Great Benefits Of Charcoal You May Never Have Known. by odaniel1(m): 2:39pm On Jul 26, 2019
Please who can tell me how to move topics to FP. It pains me when valuable threads lie in waste whilst BBN-themed threads flourish on frontpage. Nairaland is as sad as the land it is in.
Re: Great Benefits Of Charcoal You May Never Have Known. by hightempo(m): 2:41pm On Jul 26, 2019
Wao.....very infomative

1 Like

Re: Great Benefits Of Charcoal You May Never Have Known. by Katier00(f): 2:42pm On Jul 26, 2019
seanwilliam:
which one be activated again?
my brother i be wan ask o

1 Like

Re: Great Benefits Of Charcoal You May Never Have Known. by Anoniemos01: 2:54pm On Jul 26, 2019
Rezos017:
Please kindly explain the difference(s) between "activated" charcoal and "normal" charcoal
Normal charcoal is wood or any carbon material that has been burnt the normal way—black charred..
Activated charcoal is any 'charcoal' heated in the presence of a gas or chemical that will allow the charcoal obtain more tiny holes or pores in order to serve as an effective adsorbent — by absorbing poisonous gases and stuff when used.
Though all normal charcoals have to a certain extent an adsorbing power(ability to stuck-in gases), the greatest of them all is the activated charcoal and it is for this reason that it is used for whitening the teeth(as it is believed to adsorb poisonous substances) but the actual fact is that many claims of its uses haven't been verified..

Besides, activated charcoal has it side-effects too—especially when ingested 'incorrectly' so, I think it'll do everyone some good to know that charcoal or whatever shouldn't just be ingested anyhow.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Great Benefits Of Charcoal You May Never Have Known. by Uniquewise: 3:25pm On Jul 26, 2019
Anoniemos01:

Normal charcoal is wood or any carbon material that has been burnt the normal way—black charred..
Activated charcoal is any 'charcoal' heated in the presence of a gas or chemical that will allow the charcoal obtain more tiny holes or pores in order to serve as an effective adsorbent — by absorbing poisonous gases and stuff when used.
Though all normal charcoals have to a certain extent an adsorbing power(ability to stuck-in gases), the greatest of them all is the activated charcoal and it is for this reason that it is used for whitening the teeth(as it is believed to adsorb poisonous substances) but the actual fact is that many claims of its uses haven't been verified..

Besides, activated charcoal has it side-effects too—especially when ingested so, I think it'll do everyone some good to know that charcoal or whatever shouldn't just be ingested anyhow.

Question is, how/where can one get the Activated charcoal? I really want to know cos I want to try it out. Thanks
Re: Great Benefits Of Charcoal You May Never Have Known. by raphy(m): 3:36pm On Jul 26, 2019
Activated coal ..sound like the one they have recharged .

I knw all this Tay tay.

But well done thornapple

Members with funny names sha
Re: Great Benefits Of Charcoal You May Never Have Known. by Wiseandtrue(f): 3:57pm On Jul 26, 2019
thornapple:

Hahahahaha, should that work people will quit their jobs o. Lolzzzzzz
As in... Buhari go dey preside over himself

1 Like

Re: Great Benefits Of Charcoal You May Never Have Known. by Rezos017: 4:08pm On Jul 26, 2019
Anoniemos01:

Besides, activated charcoal has it side-effects too—especially when ingested so, I think it'll do everyone some good to know that charcoal or whatever shouldn't just be ingested anyhow.
Thanks for the effort to explain. The original post is very educative and constructive comments that enlighten readers like the one quoted above are most welcome.

1 Like

Re: Great Benefits Of Charcoal You May Never Have Known. by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 4:16pm On Jul 26, 2019
seanwilliam:
which one be activated again?
Rezos017:
Please kindly explain the difference(s) between "activated" charcoal and "normal" charcoal
Katier00:
my brother i be wan ask o
Activated charcoal is charcoal that has been treated by heat or chemical substances or both, so that its surface area increases and it is able to adsorb substances like dirt or toxins.
There are many styles of producing it but a popular method is to dip grounded charcoal in a Calcium Chloride solution for some time followed by heating and drying. This process "activates" the charcoal and opens up pores in its surface so it can better adsorb dirt in the teeth, drinking water or toxins in the stomach..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Great Benefits Of Charcoal You May Never Have Known. by Rezos017: 4:20pm On Jul 26, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:

Activated charcoal is charcoal that has been treated by heat or chemical substances or both, so that its surface area increases and it is able to adsorb substances like dirt or toxins.
There are many styles of producing it but a popular method is to dip grounded charcoal in a Calcium Chloride solution for some time followed by heating and drying. This process "activates" the charcoal and opens up pores in its surface so it can better adsorb dirt in the teeth, drinking water or toxins in the stomach..
Good information. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Great Benefits Of Charcoal You May Never Have Known. by emeths: 4:38pm On Jul 26, 2019
nice one

1 Like

Re: Great Benefits Of Charcoal You May Never Have Known. by Katier00(f): 4:51pm On Jul 26, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:

thanks, we learn everyday. How can i get the activated charcoal
Re: Great Benefits Of Charcoal You May Never Have Known. by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 5:04pm On Jul 26, 2019
Katier00:
thanks, we learn everyday. How can i get the activated charcoal
You might me lucky to get it in a big Pharmacy...
Though i tried making it myself at home... Really didn't work well...
But the way you recognise it is that it does not colour water, i.e water can pass through it and will still be clean white without any black colour as in normal charcoal.
Re: Great Benefits Of Charcoal You May Never Have Known. by Anoniemos01: 5:26pm On Jul 26, 2019
Uniquewise:

Question is, how/where can one get the Activated charcoal? I really want to know cos I want to try it out. Thanks
You can buy from any pharmaceutical store but if you can't get it and you need it urgently, just order it online.
Re: Great Benefits Of Charcoal You May Never Have Known. by Katier00(f): 6:01pm On Jul 26, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:

You might me lucky to get it in a big Pharmacy...
Though i tried making it myself at home... Really didn't work well...
But the way you recognise it is that it does not colour water, i.e water can pass through it and will still be clean white without any black colour as in normal charcoal.
ok thanks i will start looking out for it
Re: Great Benefits Of Charcoal You May Never Have Known. by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jul 26, 2019
odave:
I know some of these but not all, good topic anyway. I wish it could reach front page but... Well maybe you should modify the topic with bbnaija, Tonto Dike, Regina or snake... Like 'A snake swallowed Charcoal in Regina Daniel's house and Tonto Dike helped her remove it from its mouth when they are watching bbnaija' grin

Your topic will make from page 4 times today grin cheesy

Food/soup that has gone off is unsafe and should not be consumed. Adding a piece of charcoal as the op stated above is wrong and misleading.

There’s no evidence to prove the addition of a piece of charcoal to a pot of soup would restore the soup, no one should attempt that.
Re: Great Benefits Of Charcoal You May Never Have Known. by telkevog(m): 8:06pm On Jul 26, 2019
Thank you very much for this educative post. Mods, front page please!

1 Like

Re: Great Benefits Of Charcoal You May Never Have Known. by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jul 26, 2019
Wiseandtrue:

As in... Buhari go dey preside over himself
Lolzzzzzz.
Even Labour will no longer go on strike in need of a new minimum wage.

1 Like

Re: Great Benefits Of Charcoal You May Never Have Known. by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jul 26, 2019
raphy:
Activated coal ..sound like the one they have recharged .

I knw all this Tay tay.

But well done thornapple

Members with funny names sha
Lolzzzzzz at funny names.
I guess you are Raphael.
Re: Great Benefits Of Charcoal You May Never Have Known. by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jul 26, 2019
deanoffaculty:
Nice one @ OP......
You must be a lecturer with a moniker that speaks of your dreams. Lol
Re: Great Benefits Of Charcoal You May Never Have Known. by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jul 26, 2019
Anoniemos01:

Besides, activated charcoal has it side-effects too—especially when ingested 'incorrectly' so, I think it'll do everyone some good to know that charcoal or whatever shouldn't just be ingested anyhow.

Thumbs up dear for you invaluable contribution.

1 Like

Re: Great Benefits Of Charcoal You May Never Have Known. by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jul 26, 2019
gbosaa:

Food/soup that has gone off is unsafe and should not be consumed. Adding a piece of charcoal as the op stated above is wrong and misleading.

There’s no evidence to prove the addition of a piece of charcoal to a pot of soup would restore the soup, no one should attempt that.
It depends on the extent to which it has gone bad but women that know have been doing it for as long as I can remember with great results.
However a putrefied soup must be discarded.
Re: Great Benefits Of Charcoal You May Never Have Known. by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jul 26, 2019
Grabs08:
Top of the evening���
Trust you are having a good day��
Stay plugged with the latest information & Trends with Grabsplug�

Messi Arrives
 https://www.grabsplug.com/2019/07/messi-arrives-back-in-barcelona_26.html?m=1

Laliga matches  on Saturday &Sunday
 https://www.grabsplug.com/2019/07/the-spanish-fas-competition-judge.html?m=1

Waec  2019

https://www.grabsplug.com/2019/07/six-facts-about-2019-mayjune-waec-result.html?m=1

Buhari receives medal

https://www.grabsplug.com/2019/07/buhari-receives-liberias-highest.html?m=1

Ex Big brother  housemate  handcuffed
 https://www.grabsplug.com/2019/07/south-african-police-put-two-handcuffs.html?m=1
Spammer, lolzzzz
Re: Great Benefits Of Charcoal You May Never Have Known. by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jul 26, 2019
emeths:
nice one
UWC
Re: Great Benefits Of Charcoal You May Never Have Known. by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jul 26, 2019
Chillflamz:
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]you are absolutly enlightened your self to have known the right condition the charcoal nnust be in to be useful thumbs up dean
Chillflamz de Supporters club coordinator. Lol
Stop quoting multiple times. Every charcoal according to the topic does those things, activated or ordinary.
However, the activated form is the most effective.
Re: Great Benefits Of Charcoal You May Never Have Known. by Uniquewise: 9:47pm On Jul 26, 2019
Anoniemos01:

You can buy from any pharmaceutical store but if you can't get it and you need it urgently, just order it online.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Great Benefits Of Charcoal You May Never Have Known. by Julius1351(m): 10:31pm On Jul 26, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:

Enlighten yourself before enlightening others...
Only ACTIVATED CHARCOAL can do all these things you mentioned!!
Ordinary charcoal cannot!! Be specific!!
Which one con be ACTIVATED CHARCOAL now? cry
PhenomenalMorgan:

Which one con be ACTIVATED CHARCOAL now?
Re: Great Benefits Of Charcoal You May Never Have Known. by krisjohnson88(m): 10:58pm On Jul 26, 2019
Rezos017:
. seconded. please yr explanation is needed
Re: Great Benefits Of Charcoal You May Never Have Known. by Anoniemos01: 11:04pm On Jul 26, 2019
thornapple:

Thumbs up dear for you invaluable contribution.

Anytime ma'am.

1 Like

Re: Great Benefits Of Charcoal You May Never Have Known. by raphy(m): 12:06am On Jul 27, 2019
thornapple:

Lolzzzzzz at funny names.
I guess you are Raphael.

Yes babe am Raphael ,Ralph ,raphy rara funny names not nice .how you doing?

1 Like

Re: Great Benefits Of Charcoal You May Never Have Known. by Jyde89: 1:47am On Jul 27, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:

What do u mean by activated charcoal?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

UNIBEN Female Student Dies Of Blood Cancer After N6million Surgery (pics) / All There Is To Science Faculty Of Uniport / Tai Solarin University Of Education-addmission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.