Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

How To Reduce Whatsapp Storage Usage On Android(netwyz Blog) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Reduce Whatsapp Storage Usage On Android(netwyz Blog) (792 Views)

How To Reduce Whatsapp Storage Usage On Android(netwyzblog.com) / How To Reduce Whatsapp Storage Usage On Android(netwyzblog.com) / How To Reduce Data Usage On Whatsapp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Reduce Whatsapp Storage Usage On Android(netwyz Blog) by olukiesy(m): 12:40pm On Jul 26, 2019
In this article, we will take you through step by step guide to reduce Whatsapp storage usage on your android phone.

What is Whatsapp App all about?

We guess 90% of our readers reading this now knows already what Whatsapp is all about but as a platform into helping non-tech savvy understand tech better. Let us do a quick overview of it in the simplest term we can use.

Whatsapp is a messaging app, which is used to exchange messages via the internet including media files like images, videos, voice or even documents like PDF, Excel and a lot more on mobile devices and Personal computers.
Moreover, it is also used to call with your mobile data or wifi Wi-Fi which is preferable compare to our local network, especially calling abroad.

Unlike your default SMS app, Whatsapp is free to send messages to an unlimited number of people anywhere in the world using just internet.
Why Whatsapp Storage Consume Much Of Phone Memory?

It is simple, Whatsapp is not a cloud-based messaging app like Telegram or Facebook Messenger. Which means, all the messages, images, voice or even documents that you send and receive are stored in your phone thereby increasing usage of phone memory.

So, let us check through how to reduce the memory usage of your Whatsapp below:

How To Reduce Whatsapp Storage Usage On Android

There are different things to do and we will outline some of the easiest below;

1) Remove Auto download

By default, Whatsapp auto-download everything it receives from individuals and groups even when you don’t need them or even know they were sent at all.

To stop this, go to Settings and deselect auto-download for media files

This will help a lot and you will always need to click on any image or video first before Whatsapp go ahead to download it for you. Thereby, helping you reduce Whatsapp storage usage drastically.

2) Delete Used Media files

Sometimes there are images or videos you receive, checked and is of no future use for you. Instead of keeping it sitting there in your phone consuming spaces. Why not just tap that delete button and free up your phone storage space.

3) Delete Old Whatapp Database To Reduce Whatsapp Storage

Whatsapp autosaves a copy of your database into a special folder on your phone to make it easier to restore your messages in case you uninstall and reinstall Whatsapp or moved to a new phone entirely.

To access this feature you need to Go to your phone storage

>Select Phone memory folder

>Go to Whatsapp folder

>Scroll till locating Database folder

>Open the Database folder and you will discover a list of old Whatsapp backup.

>Simply delete them leaving just the latest one which usually contains details of the old ones deleted.

Those are some of the quick ways to break free from Whatsapp not enough storage error on your mobile phone.

If you find this helpful kindly share with family and friends, you can share using the social media icons above the post beneath the title.

Thanks for reading and you can also follow us on our blog via https://netwyzblog.com
Re: How To Reduce Whatsapp Storage Usage On Android(netwyz Blog) by sureinfo: 3:57pm On Jul 26, 2019
very helpful information,thanks so much, will try this out on my spark k7

1 Like

Re: How To Reduce Whatsapp Storage Usage On Android(netwyz Blog) by olukiesy(m): 6:53pm On Jul 26, 2019
sureinfo:
very helpful information,thanks so much, will try this out on my spark k7

You are welcome bro. Always visit oir blog at https://netwyzblog.com
Re: How To Reduce Whatsapp Storage Usage On Android(netwyz Blog) by iamapplord(m): 5:37am On Jul 27, 2019
At last..i gats to try this

I was so frustrated that i had to delete my whatsapp ..thanks OP

1 Like

Re: How To Reduce Whatsapp Storage Usage On Android(netwyz Blog) by olukiesy(m): 2:33pm On Jul 27, 2019
iamapplord:
At last..i gats to try this

I was so frustrated that i had to delete my whatspp..thanks OP

You are always welcome.
And you can always visit our blog via https://netwyzblog.com for more updates.

(1) (Reply)

Do You Use Phx Browser? Give Your Reviews / Samsung Galaxy A30 Needed!!!!! / Neat As New Lg G6 At 40k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.