Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,070 members, 7,821,674 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:43 PM

Job Interview Mistakes - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Job Interview Mistakes (274 Views)

Common Interview Mistakes That Can Cost You The Job / 5 Common Mistakes Graduates Make After Graduation That Hurts Their Success / Common Job Interview Mistakes To Avoid 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Job Interview Mistakes by myjobmagofficia: 1:18pm On Jul 26, 2019
There are tons of interview mistake I see people make. One I can actually remember making was forgetting to turn off my phone before job interviews. It can actually be embarrassing.

However, I reached out recently to some HR professionals and asked them what job interview mistakes they see most job seekers making.

Below is the summary:

Top Job Interview Mistakes Job Seekers Are Making According to 20 Practicing HR professional

Not taking the interview seriously
Improper Dressing and Attire
Lack of preparation
Lack of two- or three-minute answers to fundamental interview questions
Talking about yourself and about your expertise without the context of the job you are applying for.
Lack of skills, knowledge, and experience required for the role
Not bringing a resume and assuming they have one printed
Going into the interview cold.
Lack of Confidence
Speaking too quickly instead of taking time to think their answer through
Not reading the Job Description properly
A actually treat the interview like a first date!
They don't do their research on the company

Here is the full article if you want to read more https://www.myjobmag.com/blog/745/12-hr-experts-share-costly-job-interview-mistakes-to-avoid

(1) (Reply)

You Can Only Be A Current Champion And Not Forever Champion ;words Of Wisdom / Why You Will Never Be Rich / Best Exam Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.