Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,848 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

Governor Akeredolu Set To Create Council Areas - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Akeredolu Set To Create Council Areas (8751 Views)

Gov Ugwuanyi Declares Curfew In Two Council Areas In Enugu / Akeredolu Set To Create Council Areas / Akeredolu Set To Create Council Areas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Akeredolu Set To Create Council Areas by OndoUpdates(f): 7:26pm On Jul 26, 2019
Ondo State governor, Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, SAN, has said his administration would in the next few months create Local Council Development Areas (LCDAs) for the development of the grassroots.

Akeredolu said his government was determined to make necessary moves that would accelerate all-round development of the people at the grassroots level.

He, however, assured the people of the state that the government would not create LCDAs which number would be more than necessary.

The Governor spoke in his office on Friday while receiving the report of the Committee on Creation of Local Council Development Areas led by the Chairman, Prince Lanke Odogiyan.

Arakunrin Akeredolu expressed the appreciation of the state government to the chairman and members of the committee for a thorough job done.

He said he was aware that the task they undertook was not the easiest anybody could do because of the seriousness the people attached to the issue of local government creation.

Akeredolu said: "We will look into this and make sure that in few months, we create the LCDAs. It's usual we still subject this to other people to look before exco looks at it."

The governor had on March 21, 2019 constituted the committee to look into the possibility of creating LCDAs in the state.

He said his decision was hinged on genuine economic development of the people.

According to the governor, the exercise would ultimately benefit the people and restore their dignity and pride as prime producers, and not as incurable consumers of other people's ideas and products.

Olabode R Olatunde
Special Assistant to the Governor (New Media)
26th July, 2019

4 Likes

Re: Governor Akeredolu Set To Create Council Areas by Druhgzz(m): 7:27pm On Jul 26, 2019
FTC

By the way, this doesn't affect the price of kpomo in Ondo city market.
Re: Governor Akeredolu Set To Create Council Areas by thenoisemakerng(m): 7:30pm On Jul 26, 2019
This is a good initiative. This is to further know progress in each local government areas.

Op, this is great. I love your updates on Ondo state, you and OndoFirstBorn.

Lalasticlala mynd44

8 Likes

Re: Governor Akeredolu Set To Create Council Areas by Temidayo9(m): 8:21pm On Jul 26, 2019
I think having a functional LGA comes with a democratically elected Chairman and wards councillor's to move the development to the grassroots and not from creating more LCDAs...... I hope our Able Governor is reading this.

6 Likes

Re: Governor Akeredolu Set To Create Council Areas by 01mcfadden(m): 9:06pm On Jul 26, 2019
Hmm
First to comment after topic hit front page.
Re: Governor Akeredolu Set To Create Council Areas by AngelicBeing: 9:06pm On Jul 26, 2019
shocked

Re: Governor Akeredolu Set To Create Council Areas by Ebukawaylaid(m): 9:06pm On Jul 26, 2019
smiley
Re: Governor Akeredolu Set To Create Council Areas by flowx(m): 9:09pm On Jul 26, 2019
But the man is really working o.

Kudos to you Mr Akete!

4 Likes

Re: Governor Akeredolu Set To Create Council Areas by spafu(m): 9:10pm On Jul 26, 2019
Ok
Re: Governor Akeredolu Set To Create Council Areas by Teewhy2: 9:11pm On Jul 26, 2019
Hope it will not be padi padi
Re: Governor Akeredolu Set To Create Council Areas by nopoverty(m): 9:11pm On Jul 26, 2019
Hope it is not going to be a compensation to your political friends like Buhari ministerial list
Re: Governor Akeredolu Set To Create Council Areas by darocha1: 9:12pm On Jul 26, 2019
Creating lcds from LG is always a good development but our governors do it to expand their base, loyal supporters and rig elections.
If he succeeds in doing this, I hope he will conduct a credible election for chairman & councillors and not one party winning in all lcdas like we have seen in lagos & its neighboring state (ogun)
Re: Governor Akeredolu Set To Create Council Areas by Flier: 9:13pm On Jul 26, 2019
Nonsense! He is going to create council area when the Local isn’t functioning
Who is decieving who here

1 Like

Re: Governor Akeredolu Set To Create Council Areas by princety24(m): 9:16pm On Jul 26, 2019
Governors dey vex ohh. First was Ebonyi state gov't. now Ondo. Twale
Re: Governor Akeredolu Set To Create Council Areas by chukwuibuipob: 9:17pm On Jul 26, 2019
sad sad sad ok The ones dey created in lagos are USELESS. .Those peepz will go work @ 12pm and close @ 1.48 after normal gossip. .if rainfall, no work be dat..Their local council area road nah eyesore.Pothole here and theret

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Akeredolu Set To Create Council Areas by englishmart(m): 9:17pm On Jul 26, 2019
Council areas
Area council
What's the difference?

1 Like

Re: Governor Akeredolu Set To Create Council Areas by mamotalk: 9:18pm On Jul 26, 2019
Better thing is to have democratically elected chairmen and councilors than creating LCDA.

I believe the paramount thing in governance should be the desire of the people, but not the wish of one man.

1 Like

Re: Governor Akeredolu Set To Create Council Areas by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jul 26, 2019
God is Good.
Re: Governor Akeredolu Set To Create Council Areas by OduntanGabriel(m): 9:26pm On Jul 26, 2019
Arakunrin of ondo

#wolialara
Re: Governor Akeredolu Set To Create Council Areas by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jul 26, 2019
cheesy
Re: Governor Akeredolu Set To Create Council Areas by Lawalemi(m): 9:37pm On Jul 26, 2019
Temidayo9:
I think having a functional LGA comes with a democratically elected Chairman and wards councillor's to move the development to the grassroots and not from creating more LCDAs...... I hope our Able Governor is reading this.

Oshey jare. These people are damn stupi for this LCDA craze

1 Like

Re: Governor Akeredolu Set To Create Council Areas by vicfajeze: 9:38pm On Jul 26, 2019
I AM FOR IJEBU- OWO LG
Re: Governor Akeredolu Set To Create Council Areas by joshuaakindele7(m): 9:39pm On Jul 26, 2019
Aketi Jor... Gbasibe. Itesiwaju Ondo
Re: Governor Akeredolu Set To Create Council Areas by article1: 9:48pm On Jul 26, 2019
Temidayo9:
Aluwala Olongbo ogbon ati keranje ni They know what they are doing. Now that the Local govts get autonomy they want to device another means of splitting their fund so that they can always short change and syphon them particularly the LCDAs funds

1 Like

Re: Governor Akeredolu Set To Create Council Areas by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jul 26, 2019
Pls I need a girl for a serious relationship/marriage. The girl should be: Caring, loving and beautiful. Contributive and submissive, She should be living in Akure, ondo state.

1 Like

Re: Governor Akeredolu Set To Create Council Areas by okah86(m): 10:04pm On Jul 26, 2019
Nija man���
Re: Governor Akeredolu Set To Create Council Areas by bhella10: 10:31pm On Jul 26, 2019
Druhgzz:
FTC

By the way, this doesn't affect the price of kpomo in Ondo city market.
Ogun kill you dia
Re: Governor Akeredolu Set To Create Council Areas by heybeemoney(m): 10:32pm On Jul 26, 2019
Thank God for Nigeria politician bcoz we Nigerian don't think... so after wasteful 3 years in office without a tangible results, now that election is around the Corner you're trying to play against our intelligence...
Eku Ise ooooo
Re: Governor Akeredolu Set To Create Council Areas by kibraaminase(m): 10:47pm On Jul 26, 2019
This is a welcome ideas I grown up in Ore, Odigbo LG is too big to be control by one chairman

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC NEC Approves 50% Discount On Nomination Forms For Everyone Under 40 / Anambra North: Catholic Women Organisation Endorse Stella Oduah / 4 Foreigners Arrested For Attempting To Vandalise Pipeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.