Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

Things You Should Do When You Are Involved In A Car Accident - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Things You Should Do When You Are Involved In A Car Accident (15544 Views)

Bride-to-be Dies In Terrible Car Accident 2 Weeks To Wedding (Pix) / Okada Man Overtaking A Tanker Involved In Accident In Lagos,1 Killed (Graphic Pi / Driver Dies In Car Accident After Sacrificing Himself To Save His Pasengers.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things You Should Do When You Are Involved In A Car Accident by naijadrivablog: 8:32pm On Jul 26, 2019
Car accidents may happen, no matter how careful you are. A sudden car crash can leave even the most experienced driver completely shaken up.

That’s why it’s it important to know what to do.
So, after you catch your breath, here are what to do when you are involved in a car accident.

Stop And Check For Damage Or Injuries: Get out of your car safely and take the time to check on everyone involved, make sure to include all drivers, passengers, and any pedestrians. Also, look for any car damages. Call Federal Road Safety Commission or the Police for help.
Move To A Safe Place: If you can, try to move your car to the shoulder if the road or out of busy road/expressway. If moving your car is not an option turn on your hazard lights and put up the Triangle to alert other drivers.

Call the Police/Federal Road Safety Corps: Call
FRSC toll –free – 122 line to report emergencies.
FRSC also has a 12-digit emergency line – 0700 2255 3772. and phone numbers of LASTMA and others for Lagos and environs too. A police report is essential when dealing with your insurance company. Let the police objectively judge the events and determine who is at fault in the accident. Never admit responsibility or blame others for the crash. If the fault cannot be determined by the police officer, your insurance carrier will determine the driver at fault.

Gather Information: Make sure to get the correct information, including:
• Names of everyone involved
• License plate numbers
• Insurance information (where the car(s) have comprehensive insurance).
• Makes and models of all vehicles involved.
• Location of the accident.
• Name and badge number of any responding police officers.
• Contact info for any eyewitnesses.

Document The Scene: Take photos of the accident as soon as the accident occurs for your defence because offending drivers can run away or drive or push their cars in a less implicating position before the police and other relevant authorities arrive. Include images of your car and the other person’s car along with any injuries.

Contact Your Insurance Company(ies): Where you have a comprehensive Car Insurance Policy, file a claim with your insurance company.

Source: https://naijadriva./2019/07/26/things-you-should-do-when-you-are-involved-in-an-accident/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things You Should Do When You Are Involved In A Car Accident by seunmohmoh(f): 9:40am On Jul 27, 2019
Noted.. I was expecting more than this, but the only thing Nigerians will copy from this is the picture part.

They will just take pictures and upload it on all social media platforms like it's where help will come from and ignore the victims of the accident.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things You Should Do When You Are Involved In A Car Accident by Haymaykar(m): 9:41am On Jul 27, 2019
What to do when a tanker carrying fuel have an accident

Run for your life...!!!!!!!!!!!!

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Things You Should Do When You Are Involved In A Car Accident by lonelydora: 9:41am On Jul 27, 2019
Fam, you see that 2nd and 5th points, please do not try it at home.

It's better to settle amicably with the other party. Once you involve FRSC or Police, the amount you will spend will triple with about two-third of the amountgoing into their pockets.

Insurance companies do not work in Nigeria. They will always look for something to blame you.

May God deliver us from accidents in Jesus Name. Amen.

4 Likes

Re: Things You Should Do When You Are Involved In A Car Accident by Nobody: 9:41am On Jul 27, 2019
Mods just acting like there are good, just look at the what they pushed to the FP, good people welldone

1 Like

Re: Things You Should Do When You Are Involved In A Car Accident by MachadoPreto: 9:41am On Jul 27, 2019
Always have a bottle of Vodka in your trunk. You might need it to hold-on when injuries are severe and rescue is delayed
Re: Things You Should Do When You Are Involved In A Car Accident by Nobody: 9:41am On Jul 27, 2019
Accident or no accident, I REJECT this thread in Jesus name

2 Likes

Re: Things You Should Do When You Are Involved In A Car Accident by PrinceKevin01: 9:42am On Jul 27, 2019
I Do not wanna be involve in a car accident the first place

Anyway, i will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 1k. Offer valid today only. See my info below to Chat me up on WhatsApp
Re: Things You Should Do When You Are Involved In A Car Accident by femi4: 9:42am On Jul 27, 2019
That's if you are conscious/alive
Re: Things You Should Do When You Are Involved In A Car Accident by Nobody: 9:43am On Jul 27, 2019
Because of d God i serve, my mind is telling me this is not for yougrin
Re: Things You Should Do When You Are Involved In A Car Accident by gurunlocker: 9:43am On Jul 27, 2019
The writer of this article is high on weed shocked
Re: Things You Should Do When You Are Involved In A Car Accident by namiji2598: 9:44am On Jul 27, 2019
What if u die
Re: Things You Should Do When You Are Involved In A Car Accident by Tobyarab(m): 9:46am On Jul 27, 2019
This must be some sort of joke
Re: Things You Should Do When You Are Involved In A Car Accident by hahn(m): 9:47am On Jul 27, 2019
Take a selfie
Re: Things You Should Do When You Are Involved In A Car Accident by myettiallah: 9:48am On Jul 27, 2019
Gjj
Re: Things You Should Do When You Are Involved In A Car Accident by WordpressPhysco: 9:49am On Jul 27, 2019
Could this be true? Relocating to Canada made simple? This is it. https://www.nairaland.com/5325011/how-relocate-canada-the-basic-visa
Re: Things You Should Do When You Are Involved In A Car Accident by netflicks(m): 9:50am On Jul 27, 2019
Op the pic's u posted does not relate well with your post, how do u move that 100% wrecked vehicle out of the road secondly a seriously injured driver or passenger is totally helpless at the scene..

Thirdly the pics u instructed to be taken only ends up on social media....
Re: Things You Should Do When You Are Involved In A Car Accident by Lanre4uonly(m): 9:51am On Jul 27, 2019
God's protection always.
Thank you for the info.
Re: Things You Should Do When You Are Involved In A Car Accident by ezeonline2(m): 9:56am On Jul 27, 2019
Vizzy4u:
Accident or no accident, I REJECT this thread in Jesus name

Na only foolish man go talk say rain wey dey fall outside no concern me because na him doormot the flood go still pass. undecided

5 Likes

Re: Things You Should Do When You Are Involved In A Car Accident by Lekanboii: 10:03am On Jul 27, 2019
Noted

Neat iphone 6s Plus 128GB for sale. Call or whatsapp 09o68535652. Lagos-Ikotun. Only Serious buyers should chat or call pls
Re: Things You Should Do When You Are Involved In A Car Accident by OALandAgents: 10:14am On Jul 27, 2019
This is clearly addressed to those motorists, pedestrians and passengers fit and alert enough to take action.

OP should have said "... involved in or witness an accident"

Also OP why no information about providing First Aid getting medical assistance to any injured
Re: Things You Should Do When You Are Involved In A Car Accident by PotatoSalad(m): 10:15am On Jul 27, 2019
Upload pictures on Facebook angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top 5 African Safari Destinations For An Unforgetable Getaway / Us Visa Interview Appointment Reservation / Lagos BRT Operator Plans Upward Review Of Fares

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.